The Smithy (Weapon and Armor Suggestion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Found any armors that you would like to see ingame? Any weapon you would like to have ingame, using it to backstab that crossbowman? Any special gear you would like to see ingame? Found a really cool OSP that we really need to include? Write that here! (You must know that we will accept OSPs only, when they are really good as we want ot keep the mod as small as possible)

CQC Assassins, make their punches stun, or 1 hit from behind, relating to a "Neck snap" and can stop 1 out of evey 10 melee attack if they block it right? And maybe knockdowns? Or maybe idk, somthing else.

Knockdowns: Take the Mace.
One Hit Kills: Pistol, Crossbow with Headshot, Dagger with thrust and mostly throw too, Axe, Sword and Mace prtobably when aimed to the head.

Can we get a more close quarters weapon>?

With all these townies running around the shorter the better-other than knifes

Like a hammer, i do not know why the mace does blunt

More interesting fighting animations:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170036.0.html

Additional firearms:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162991.0.html

Also, block should really be added for more interesting duels

Duke Daniel Milutin said:
More interesting fighting animations:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170036.0.html

Additional firearms:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162991.0.html

Also, block should really be added for more interesting duels

For block: No way. Sry, but we want it to be like this, and with block it would be too much of a skill related fighting. We once had a weapon that was able to block but took it out quickly. Even before the bows, and those were just really OP.

Where are the animations in the first topic: Seems that I am blind...

And for the flintlock OSP:
They are realy nice, yea. But we must see if we want to include firearms, it might be cool, but We must see. I can't promise anything.

I'd say more variants in melee weapons, maybe add some poisoned weapons (maybe just the throwing daggers), and maybe some variants in the throwing daggers/knives in general. Also, for new maps, maybe there could be different weapon "styles". For example a khergit styled map could have Nomad Sabers, Katana's etc, as well as Khergit themed armors, whereas a nordic themed map could have axes etc.

DarthTaco said:
I'd say more variants in melee weapons, maybe add some poisoned weapons (maybe just the throwing daggers), and maybe some variants in the throwing daggers/knives in general. Also, for new maps, maybe there could be different weapon "styles". For example a khergit styled map could have Nomad Sabers, Katana's etc, as well as Khergit themed armors, whereas a nordic themed map could have axes etc.

For the guards, this is already done. But for the assassins and Townsmen, it would be really much work, and I have no time for that.

Also, maybe something tangible to use after you run out of knives. I usually throw my last one and I'm like "OH NOES!". Maybe a medieval fiber wire...or a cord...or maybe a lethal punch to the back of the guard (act as neck breaking or strangulation).

No Arquebus people... Please. On the other thread you wanted to have a sniper. Arquebuses were like.... S*** accuracy back then?

Also, falchions and sabres would be nice too.

Falchions and Sabres would be like the sword and make no real difference, only from the look. And for the Arquebuse: Yes, I know that. It will not be 100 percent accurate, I never said that. But it will be for long range "snipering". Also, it is going to have a really long reload time where you need to stay on your place. We will at first only test it out how it is like and then decide whether we keep it or not.

Alrighty.. Arquebus is for guards, correct? It just seems like a too big and loud of a weapon for assassins to burden with; and the crossbow is the better choice. Also, sniping only seems to happen when you get a big town brawl between the guards, assassins, and whatever is killing the townspeople.

Yep, I was playing with a couple of buds on your server and they were complaining that they couldn't block.

They did pull up a good reason you should keep blocking in- If your character is blocking with his weapon, you give away your position first of all.

Secondly, if you decide to block somebody's attack, it might be because they failed to assassinate you properly; meaning that you don't have to die from somebody who is running aroud spamming his sword.

Thirdly, if two people initiate a duel in the square, the sounds it emits could alert all the other assassins in the area to intervene- an idea: if you are dueling somebody, the town guards that sit nearby can run up and intervene other than stand around in their immobilized positions and pretend nothing is happening. Also, this allows for plenty of sniping oppurtunities for those who like to shoot in melee combat.

Fourthly, if you think that putting in blocking is going to make this game about skill.. You're wrong. Melee fights still do occur in this game and it still depends on your footwork, timing, and when to spam you weapon. Not to mention, you never took out chambering either (which takes skill). If you don't know what chambering is, "chambering" is when you block an attack with an attack in the same general direction. Meaning, that you can block a stab with a stab. But chambering is pretty hard to pull off intentionally, and those who have been dueling in Native duels long enough can do this with ease.

Fifthly, not being able to block means it is impossible to not get hurt or killed from direct face-to-face combat with a psycho carrying a two-handed weapon. Two-handed weapons in fact, do swing faster than a one-hander, but they take longer to recover. One-handers do not swing as fast as the two-handers, but they are fast to recover. So if you are a one-hander versus a two-hander, it is a must you have to block before attacking; otherwise you're toast.

Slytacular said:
Alrighty.. Arquebus is for guards, correct? It just seems like a too big and loud of a weapon for assassins to burden with; and the crossbow is the better choice. Also, sniping only seems to happen when you get a big town brawl between the guards, assassins, and whatever is killing the townspeople.
Yea, it is for guards only and Assasins will nto be able to pick it up.

Yep, I was playing with a couple of buds on your server and they were complaining that they couldn't block.

They did pull up a good reason you should keep blocking in- If your character is blocking with his weapon, you give away your position first of all.

Secondly, if you decide to block somebody's attack, it might be because they failed to assassinate you properly; meaning that you don't have to die from somebody who is running aroud spamming his sword.

Thirdly, if two people initiate a duel in the square, the sounds it emits could alert all the other assassins in the area to intervene- an idea: if you are dueling somebody, the town guards that sit nearby can run up and intervene other than stand around in their immobilized positions and pretend nothing is happening. Also, this allows for plenty of sniping oppurtunities for those who like to shoot in melee combat.

Fourthly, if you think that putting in blocking is going to make this game about skill.. You're wrong. Melee fights still do occur in this game and it still depends on your footwork, timing, and when to spam you weapon. Not to mention, you never took out chambering either (which takes skill). If you don't know what chambering is, "chambering" is when you block an attack with an attack in the same general direction. Meaning, that you can block a stab with a stab. But chambering is pretty hard to pull off intentionally, and those who have been dueling in Native duels long enough can do this with ease.

Fifthly, not being able to block means it is impossible to not get hurt or killed from direct face-to-face combat with a psycho carrying a two-handed weapon. Two-handed weapons in fact, do swing faster than a one-hander, but they take longer to recover. One-handers do not swing as fast as the two-handers, but they are fast to recover. So if you are a one-hander versus a two-hander, it is a must you have to block before attacking; otherwise you're toast.
Then you have to be toast. We will not bring in blocking again, it took as a long time of tests to decide whether to put it in or not. And we decided not to put it in. The fights shall be quick and dirty and not a fair duel. Introducing blocking again would require us to redo the whole balance we have brought into the mod.

For the chambering: I know what it is and I know of the problem, but I can't do anything against that. You can make a weapon unable to block, but it is not possible to make a weapon unable to chamber. Even fists can chamber.

I read what you wrote, yes. Completely.

And: Most of the people I played with, including around 90% of my clan (the missing 10% never played Assassins Hunt till now, mostly because they don't own Warband) are very happy with the balance or just have some little problems with it (like the books that need to become heavier)

And I don't understand what problem you have with the pistols. Name me, please, what are the problems with that weapon? I have no problems against an Assassin with pistol, neither as Assassins or Guard. And I know enough people that tell me their worst problem is the Assassin with Daggers.

Pistols are just ok, what is not okay is that guards can't buy citizen clothes anymore  :???: Im mostly playing as assassin but anyway, it's much more fun for guards when you can disguise as a townsman. People who complain about TK's can just keep playing in guard armour, even though I myself have never been TK'd when I go undercover.

Well, I have seen fights and insults because of those tks over and over again. And sometimes it resulted even in Ragequits. If I re-enable it, some people will complain about that and if I don't change it, the people who want to go undercover keep complaining. So I must make a decision. And I made mine, I'm sry for everyone who liked to disguise, but I was tired of insults, ragequitting and kickpolls just because of a guard changing it's armor.

Somebody already explained it. Pistols irritate me when I play as a town gaurd, because I'm slow moving, have armour, and I die from one hit from those things. Not to mention that the assassin can run away and then reload his weapon to try again. He doesn't even have to engage me either. Even if I do have a ranged weapon myself, I do not know who to shoot at most of the time, because the assassins are disguised as civilians.

I don't mind pistols that much when it is assassins versus assassins though. They're sort of balanced on that gametype.

Back
Top Bottom