The smithy needs work

Users who are viewing this thread

Although I like the whole concept, the grind for unlocking weapon parts is unreal. Yesterday I spent about 2 hours smelting around 2k tier 6 weapons, just to see how much I would unlock. My smithing lvl went to around 215, however I unlocked less than half of all the weapon parts.
Now to think you aren’t cheating and trying to unlock a part you like, is all up to rng. Even if you want to unlock all of them, it probably wouldn’t be possible till literal ages into the game. What are the odds of you even finding a tier 6 weapon? Andthen you would probably have to smelt about 6k, because the weapon part discovery rate drops quite quickly.
I think It would be best if you could research specific parts and that it would take longer to research the higher the tier is. You know, go to the town center and talk to the smithy, pay him some denars and in a couple of days/weeks, you’re one step closer to your dream weapon.

Another problem is that once you design a weapon you like you can't make any more without teadiously recreating it. The ability to save and load templates would be a godsend.

The xp grind for smithing needs to be re balanced and you should be able to get weapons parts from battles as rare loot, as with the current smithing system the only way i was able to get lots of parts, and actually up my smithing was cheat and get the most exspensive swords and break them down, right now without cheating the grind is to much for so little gain, without cheating i figured out that smelting down weapons an then refining the materials/making charcoal is the only way to up a few levels, though i resorted to the cheatmenu bc wandering around the map running down after bandits,(lords parties have better loot) going back to town to smelt a few things and then wait half a day, this painstaking process took me about 3hrs, only to go up a few levels, of course the xp amount needed to reach next level is increased after you gain a level, sorry all about this jumbled paragraph, im writing this quickly, just my experience on smithing and it needs work

So I just used the item cheat menu to add over 500 of the most expensive top tier sword into my inventory and after smelting them all down into parts worth over 1 MILLION gold I still only have about less that 1/20th of the parts unlocked and only 1 level 5 blade. How anyone is meant to unlock things normally is beyond me. As it's not even possible with cheats!

Back
Top Bottom