The Shields of Ares (Megalé Hellas - EU)

Users who are viewing this thread

Roran 13

Grandmaster Knight
WIP

The Shields of Ares

Who are we:
The Shields of Ares is a group of mercenaries from Megalé Hellas led by Lochagos Lars of Croton, a local of mixed Hellenistical and Latin descent. The Shields of Ares are a group of mercenary soldiers whose main force consists of a traditional unit of hoplites, supported by the famous local tarantine cavalry. The bronze wall of shields of the hoplites forms a moving wall to the swift and unpredictable attacks of the tarantines. There are smaller groups of skirmishers of all kinds present, such as a small detachment of Rhodian slingers. This is a pure product of my fantasy though, and while extremely similar groups of mercenaries will have undoubtedly existed in the 3rd century B.C., this one is not based on any of them specifically.

Roster:
Logachos:
Lars of Croton

Officers:
Dimoirites:
Gero

Simaioforos:

Soldiers
Epilektos Hoplites
Hoplites:
Neosullektos:

How to join:
To join you must have a character with a decent name that sort of fits with the era of the mod. Long story short, I don't want to see members named xXxpr0Kill0rzleetxXx. It is also a must to have teamspeak. Steam is not required but always handy to have. Post this application form in this thread.
Code:
[b]In-game Name:[/b]
[b]Steam Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Reason for joining:[/b]
[b]Additional notes:[/b]

Teamspeak:
dfw01.mainvoice.net:7014

Roran 13 said:
(Sadly the officer class of the Megalé Hellas faction HAS NO LEG ARMOUR *cries*)
What have I done  :cry:
I blame the wonderful testers for testing everything but this, a crucial detail. Now that I see it we're missing the shield episema of Kroton, the eye or tripod I think are two of the possibilities.

To succeed you'll need a fancy thread, some relations, recruiting, a fearsome reputation like the Athenai that sacrifices horses among other things before battle, be reasonably active on events and recruiting (convince the pubs to join your teamspeak channel).  Gazing to emptiness rarely help as you most likely would realise, just a heads up. I can bore with some historical details if need be even if there isn't a tremendous amount of interesting things to say about Magna Graecia except they formed a confederation to fight back the Brutii and Lucani tribes and their wonderful neighbour Agathoclès who has some interesting history especially his campaigns and I'm going off topic.

Good luck.

Well I'm a history student so fire all weapons!

In any case, I do realize. I'm just trying ecternally first to see if I can gather a core of players *slaps a spider on the wall that creeps him out as he types* And additionally, there's hardly pubs on the server. I intend to improve that. That teamspeak shizzle has got to wait just a second, but I'll get to recruiting and all soon. Just wanted to see if this was still considerably active, and it does look like it.

TO ALL PUBS GOING TO ZE FRIDAY SHIELD BATTLE, JOIN MEH!

Roran 13 said:
TO ALL PUBS GOING TO ZE FRIDAY SHIELD BATTLE, JOIN MEH!

Saturday* Here's a link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,272333.0.html
Though this/next saturday/May 10th is a Formations event: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299478.0.html

I am a confused mind. Yes, that will do. Next saturday however I am once more unavailible. Real-life reenactment thrumps formation battles.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but here goes: as is the tradition in Rome at War events, the hosts will put some effort into advertising* your clan during them. It's our way of saying thank you for joining the community! And yes, this is the first time this has been said on a clan thread :wink:

*May not translate to a huge number of new members, but if you're active yourself then it could boost things along.

My thanks, that's handy. I won't be present though most likely during the formations event. There's a small chance, but a very small one for sure.

There we go, our first member! Dimoirites Gero, who is as randomly active as me! Celebrations were had during the night and the tents of the company were filled with meat, women and wine.

Back
Top Bottom