The servers

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't really want to dwell on it, but when will the issue with the servers and crashes be fixed? Just a short recap, they're broken for three weeks+ now and so far there is no ETA on when the issue is getting fixed.

It's not that I think that the issue is not currently being adressed by the devs, but to know when we are able to continue tournaments etc in an organized manner is possible would be nice.

Last edited:
I don't really want to dwell on it, but when will the issue with the servers and crashes be fixed? Just a short recap, they're broken for three weeks+ now and so far there is no ETA on when or even if the issue is getting fixed.

It's not that I think that the issue is not currently being adressed by the devs, but to know when we are able to continue tournaments etc in an organized manner is possible would be nice.
I would have to agree, it's week 3 into Captain's League and we've experienced more crashes in these 3 weeks for players than we've had all year during competitive matches. It is actually giving players a bad impression of the league season, despite being entirely out of my control to fix. Jims vs VoV is happening right now, and in the last hour the've only been able to complete 4 rounds total, not games, rounds due to the constant crashing. If it's not server disconnects its game crashes. And while the problems have gotten slightly better since Week 1, the problems are still persisting and causing massive delays. It's very difficult to play in an event let alone to run an event with servers in this condition.

We are aware of the issues and working on them with highest priority.

Server side crashes have been mostly fixed, there are less than 1% server side crashes at the moment.

We still have issues related to client side crashes, especially when trying to setup clan matches and loading into maps. Some of them have been identified and fixed already and waiting for the finalization of the patch. We will send them out as soon as possible.

We are aware of the issues and working on them with highest priority.

Server side crashes have been mostly fixed, there are less than 1% server side crashes at the moment.

We still have issues related to client side crashes, especially when trying to setup clan matches and loading into maps. Some of them have been identified and fixed already and waiting for the finalization of the patch. We will send them out as soon as possible.
This is excellent, I'm looking forward to these fixes going live. Another feature that would greatly help would be the ability for players to reconnect to clan matches after crashing, this would save a tremendous amount of time, circumventing the process of having to restart the entire lobby just so that one player can return to the game. Hopefully someday,(maybe with the introduction of the ranked system?) this can be an option for players to use. Thank you for your quick response and for working to get these problems fixed, myself and the community greatly appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Shocked that they still think servers don't crash that often. Is your 1% figure including all servers with 0 population throughout all timezones? Every populated server I've joined in the past month has experienced crashes every 2nd or 3rd game.

Shocked that they still think servers don't crash that often. Is your 1% figure including all servers with 0 population throughout all timezones? Every populated server I've joined in the past month has experienced crashes every 2nd or 3rd game.
They're delusional. I wonder how embarrassing it is at the headquarters seeing the state of MP after ONE ENTIRE YEAR @AVRC.

your game does NOT work. Your company coded it so bad that you cannot even have servers change without some workaround intermission screen. At this point, it is comedically beyond mediocre. I hope someone at your office is brave enough to speak up if there's some toxic work environment culture going on in there.

We still have issues related to client side crashes, especially when trying to setup clan matches and loading into maps. Some of them have been identified and fixed already and waiting for the finalization of the patch.

YMljAvf.png

So who's lying here, AVRC who said that client side crashes are identified and fixed, or Marda who said you still have no clue what's causing the crashes?

YMljAvf.png

So who's lying here, AVRC who said that client side crashes are identified and fixed, or Marda who said you still have no clue what's causing the crashes?
To be fair he said 'some' of the crashes.

This is sad to hear though.

To be fair he said 'some' of the crashes.

This is sad to hear though.
That is indeed true, I also don't think someone is lying here.

What I find more sad is that I consider this situation preventable and therefore suggest that TW is introducing testing period on beta and notify the skirmish community somehow (destiny pickups would work I guess?) and then we can get to thorough testing to prevent this mess on live branch. QA and testing clearly missed this while the community experienced crashes super quick and we had to halt the entire tournament structure which also keeps ppl interested.

You know there is not just one crash happening, right? It is not like changing a 0 to 1 in the code and everything work as intended ever after.

Back
Top Bottom