SP Medieval The Second Crusade Mod (Released for .711)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have both good news and bad news. Firstly:

The Second Crusade Mod 1.0 is ready! (.711 only)

Then to the good news: The old unofficial editor, aswell as the old map editor, decided to piss me off properly and so they ****ed up at least the map.txt and parties.txt files. Practically this means that the mod is not playable, which means even though it is ready it won't be released. I might check if I have a backup module and if I could get it finished.

Not that anyone would really want to download this one, but I want to get it released just to know that I have accomplished something in my life. Okay, maybe not. But I want to finish it anyways.

I hope you can make it work, I would like to play it. You may always ask something about errors or something. Mayb i could help you with that.

Well, I have found a bit outdated backup, so I need to fix some things in it and tweak the map a bit, but I think I'll get it released during this or the next week.

I added this to the Mount&Blade Mod Wiki. The only reason I mention it is because I took two screenshots, which aren't very good. But, still, if you want, you can link to them.

/edit
Yeah, you aren't wanting us to report any bug type things, right?

No, please do, just couldn't stop myself from writing that sarcastic bull****. It just seems that once I changed the map, the editor decides to start messing things capital, so they'll be quite hard to fix. Some may be possible, just hate reading the text files without the editor.

And thanks for adding it. I might go and take some screenshots showing the units 'n' stuff.

Alright, well, these are ones that are pretty obvious, and you probably already know about them. But, it would seem that I can't recruit crusaders. My game just crashes when I try. (I only tried in two towns though, don't recall the names.)
Also, in Nazareth, I can recruit myself. It of course doesn't add anything to my party, but, it still takes my party count up one each time I click it, and it would seem I can't get rid of it afterwards. So, I've got a party of eight, and it's only me.

Dynamite_cow said:
I might go and take some screenshots showing the units 'n' stuff.
Yeah, that'd be apprecaited. The ones I took aren't very good. I just wanted something on there.

Mkay, it seems that my parties.txt is ****ed up capital.

The recruiting of the player seems to happen in every town, but as it doesn't really make the game unplayable I think you could live with it? Plus that I can't read the parties.txt well enough to remove it.

But about the crashes, which towns did you get the crashes in? At least Ascalon and Jerusalem seem to be ****ed, but Gaza works fine. Though you can recruit yourself there too.

Dynamite_cow said:
The recruiting of the player seems to happen in every town, but as it doesn't really make the game unplayable I think you could live with it? Plus that I can't read the parties.txt well enough to remove it.
Yeah, I only mentioned it because you said you wanted bugs. ^_^

Dynamite_cow said:
But about the crashes, which towns did you get the crashes in? At least Ascalon and Jerusalem seem to be ****ed, but Gaza works fine. Though you can recruit yourself there too.
No idea. I'll start checking all of the towns and come back to tell you which crash, and which don't. I may not post it until later tonight/tommorow, though. Supposed to be leaving here soon.

Alright, I went through all of the towns.

Towns That Crash:
  • Beirut
  • Safad
  • Jerusalem
  • Ascalon
  • Caesarea
  • River Village
  • Arab Camp

Towns That Don't Crash:
  • Acre
  • Tyre
  • Nazareth
  • Damascus
  • Amman

I couldn't do Belfort, and Gaza. The taverns are kind of messed up, so, I couldn't find the person to ask about recruitment. Also, Bethlehem crashes the game when you try to go into it.

Because I started the work for .711.

This is more like 'releasing what's currently finished' than releasing finished work, that's why there are loads of bad bugs. If any experienced modder is able to fix them, feel free. Once I get a hand in modelling I'll propably start a new project for .731 with a whole different theme.

So basically I'm abandoning this project but I'll try to get the major bugs fixed.

Thanks for the list Vhaeos, I'll go check 'em. And yes, the scenes are messed up because of the old project detail props still there. Should fix that too.

well my friend has a paypal acount so i should be able to get this mod up and running soon.

i like the unit tree. pretty cool.

so did you redo jerusalem? is it a normal city? or can it be taken? (could you show me a screen shot of the city  plz?)

Back
Top Bottom