The Save Game Conundrum

Users who are viewing this thread

exxxed

Recruit
Right,

Since it happened multiple times already I'll go ahead and post about it to see how everyone else is fairing.

First thing's first I like my save games neat and tidy so I tend to use the manual save most of the time.

But during a long campaign especially when pursuing enemy armies I tend to use the ''Save'' feature because it's quicker (as in not ''Save As'') and 90 percent of the time it creates a separate save that doesn't get overwritten, I believe the name is ''Save 1'' or other numbers.

Here's the problem, some other times (like right now) I pressed the Save button and to my unsuspecting self, it just overwrote the auto_save which in itself got overwritten when I got ambushed by multiple armies.

I don't understand why it works so randomly.

Another thing would be nice is to be able to load during a battle without quitting to main menu which seems to just drag everything out.

Curious what other people's experiences are with this system.

I'm not sure if it's just the beta branch, but the latest beta has 3 autosaves so if you have a bad jump/battle you have to other options to fall back on before that. Along with any hard saves (what I call none auto saves). So if your not in the beta branch just wait it will be there soon. The long time since last big patch makes me feel we get an update soon.

For me on 1.4.2 The normal save always overwrites the save I loaded, unless I'v made a "save as" after I loaded it, which it then overwrites instead. I think if you load an auto save and the 'save' you get a number save in place of the auto you loaded. It's a bit busy but it's not random.
I use normal save, then do a 'save as' whenever I'm going to start a particular objective like starting a war and going to siege a fief. This way I have a save to go back to if I regret this decision (hasn't happened yet). This way I always have 2 saves, plus the autos that I mostly ignore.

I usually create few saves at important times myself (named saves) and most other times I just use F5... For example just before going into hide out I always F5, because lately the hideouts sometimes crash.

Aside from that, there are 3 auto-saves. But no matter what, I think that quick save just overwrites your LAST save.
That's good to hear. Heck I'd love a quick save button to be fair :grin:.

Cheers!
f5 is quicksave

Quick saving should just create a save file called 'quicksave' or just with numbers like it used to rather than overwriting.

Back
Top Bottom