The Rise of Rhodokia: Evening Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

The Rise of Rhodokia

Introduction: Greetings Warband community! It has been a while since we had a good old fashion multiplayer RP event, so with the help of a number of GK and non GK community members I am putting one together. It is strongly based on the Capturing of Curaw that Mad Dawg and crew hosted for the ROCK campaign almost 6 years ago. However, for this event it will only be an evening session, not leading into anything larger. The intention is for it to be a farewell to good ol' Native in anticipation of Bannerlord, which should be right around the corner (hue hue...).

Storyline:

For years the Rhodok peasantry has suffered under the lash of the Swadian nobility. Wars have been fought, villages and castles changed rulers, but the oppression continues. The Nobility cares only for their feasts, their tourneys and making sport of those beneath them. However, that is about to change. Years of such treatment has pushed some among the peasants too far and the Swadians are about to reap the consequences of their tyranny. In a small village called Nomar on the outskirts of the Kingdom, there are the stirrings of Rebellion...

The Rhodok population of Nomar, having struggled with oppression from their Swadian overlords for too long, have finally decided they have had enough. The tribal chieftain in Nomar, has galvanized his brothers into action against the Swadian tyrants.
    Due to rising tensions, the local magistrate has called up the village’s militia to arms both to dissuade any would-be insurrectionists, and to put them down if they prove too stubborn.

Excerpt from a Rhodok Leader's War log:

August 23, 1257

They always start small, these things. We’ve been under the Swadian heel as long as I can remember, and even longer than that, I’m sure. For too long have these “noble knights” trod on our rights. But it’s soon to come to an end. This village will be the first of many. The local militias will fight back hard, but they can’t hold our numbers.
    Once these levies are done with we’ll be able to take what arms and armor we can from them, and be all the stronger for it. With luck, our intrepid insurrection will manage to avoid retribution from the Count in Uxkhal while we scour the land for better armaments.
    But that’s enough of the plan. The time to begin is nearing.

Swadian Commander's log entry:

August 25, 1257

We’ve tried to appease these mountain dwelling rebels as much as we could. We’ve given them everything they could ask for, and in return they spit in our faces. They forget themselves, living on land purchased with our own ancestor’s blood, blood that they spilled. They should be grateful we have tolerated their existence for so long. Now their chief sows the seeds of rebellion in their minds, turning them ever more against us. The militia has been readied in anticipation of what is to come, if these scum have the spine to follow through.

Map Setting: Peasants will be rushing out of the hills surrounding Nomar village to attack the watch towers and barracks housing the resident Militia. Word having been given to the locals not to be around on this particular day.

The Rhodok forces have gotten word of a swadian caravan headed toward Nomar, coming from the direction of Tshibtin. All reports seem to indicate it is a routine equipment resupply bound for Vyincourd Castle.

Map Setting: The Rhodoks send a small raiding party to intercept the caravan and come upon it while it is in a wooded valley. They rush down the surrounding hills and set upon the unsuspecting Swadians with war cries and blood curdling screams. (No necessarily to be acted out in TS)

With their next target readily apparent, the Rhodoks pack their things and start marching on Vyincourd Castle. However, the Swadians, having guessed this course of action have sent reinforcements to the castle from Uxkhal. In order to stop them from reaching their destination the Rhodoks must move to take the bridge leading to the castle and cut off the Swadian troops. If they fail to hold the bridge the siege of the castle will be far more difficult.

Having failed so far to halt the Rhodok rebels advance, Swadian forces in the area have consolidated inside a castle in preparation of a siege. The local Baron, being the primary target of the Rhodok’s anger, has hidden himself in a room inside the fortress. The fledgling rebellion will achieve victory if they manage to either kill the entirety of the defending forces or find and kill the Count first.

August 27, 1257
    We have come far these past few days, but this next battle will decide if we create a true legacy, or merely fall aside as a minor footnote in a forgotten tome of history. Our arms upgraded, our brothers hardened through previous battles, but I cannot help but wonder if it will be enough. It is no easy task to take a castle.
But enough of that. I can show no lack of confidence or belief in our cause in front of the men, having come so far, everything hangs in the balance now. Here, at this point in our righteous war, doubt is the greatest enemy we face.

August 26, 1257
    I would not have believed it if I had not witnessed it with my own eyes. No one would have guessed these mutinous mountain dwelling peasants would prove so difficult to quell. Nonetheless their efforts will prove fruitless. Their advance will end here, their lines will crash and be broken upon our walls, and if they do not, we will take ten of theirs for every one of ours. Our lord will not be left to the tender mercies of our southern rivals.

Map Setting: Rhodoks approach the front and sides of the castle from behind temporary barricades and using ladders and a siege ramp, breach the defenses.

The final major obstacle in their path to Uxkhal removed, the Rhodoks are nevertheless harried all the way by small remnants of Swadian units in the area. Despite the continued resistance the Rhodok forces are at this point an inexorable machine of vengeance and batter their way through the Swadian partisans. Whether they can maintain their resolute march against the walls of Uxkhal, or fall short before the full might of the Count, remains to be decided.

August 29, 1257
    When first we took up arms I had not envisioned the position we are in today. Had another asked me how far our rebellion would go, I could not have said. I knew only that our subjugators of old must be thrown down. And thrown them down we have. Time and again they have stood before us and failed. Let this final assault on the walls of that blasted city Uxkhal be the last one we need make.
    There is not one among our number I would not trust my life to, and I know this sentiment is reciprocated. Can the Swadians say the same? We will throw ourselves upon their battlements with a fury not seen since the days of Grunwalder, or our rebellion will end here.

August 29, 1257

In spite of our best efforts these peasants have proved far more stubborn than any would have guessed. The next logical target for them must surely be Uxkhal. They have been heartened by their victories and doubtless believe they will be victorious yet again. But Uxkhal is not Vyincourd, and these lands are not Rhodok. Each man under my command is prepared to set down his life to stop these insurrectionists from taking one more bloody inch of our soil.
    Our crossbows and swords will strike down an unholy number of these wretched peasants and I will destroy their leader myself if the gods see fit to let us encounter one another. By my dying breath, this fledgling revolt will halt before the walls of Uxkhal.

Map Setting: Wall fighting, followed by street and then close quarters indoor fighting.

Nuts and Bolts of the Event

It will be hosted using the NeoGK module which will be altered with the gear loadouts, maps and other things the event will require. It will be a mixture of Siege and TDM game modes over the course of 5 maps (2 being optional) Each map that can be is being based on the same map from the singleplayer, only being modified to accommodate the bigger numbers that we hope to see in this event and to add functionality to them that they would not otherwise have.

Hosting Details:

• Date: Saturday, August 26th, 6pm EST/11pm BST Test Event
  • Server: *US_GK_RoR_Event*/NA
  • Game Mode/s: Team Deathmatch with altered spawns and Siege
  • Module: Admins will use a modified Neo-GK, all others will be fine with Native
  • Module Download: Will be provided before the event

Campaign Scenario Details:

• Mandatory Scenarios:
[list type=decimal]
  [*]Uprising in Nomar
  [*]Vyincourd Castle
  [*]Siege of Uxkhal
[/list]

• Optional Scenarios
[list type=decimal]
  [*]Caravan Ambush
  [*]Bridge Defence
[/list]

Team Signup Format:

Code:
[b]Team Name:[/b]

[b]Preferred Faction:[/b] (Rhodok/Swadia)

[b]Team Leader:[/b]

[b]Leader's Steam:[/b]

[b]Team Members:[/b]

Signed Up Teams:

DoF
LittleMan

More details and story for maps coming soon!

Sounds great, looking forward to this event!
Message me if you need any help with organizing this :razz:

Also hoping to see lot of GKs attending it :grin:
Will try to bring at least 10 DoFs:p

Sign Ups are open! No team too big no team too small! Your team does not have to be made of of any one clan, it can be pubbers as far as that goes, it just needs a designated leader and people to follow said leader.

Use this form and post here please!

Code:
[b]Team Name:[/b]

[b]Preferred Faction:[/b] (Rhodok/Swadia)

[b]Team Leader:[/b]

[b]Leader's Steam:[/b]

[b]Team Members:[/b]

Team Name: DoF & Friends

Preferred Faction: Rhodok

Team Leader: Erminas

Leader's Steam: Erminas

Team Members:
Erminas
Dante
William
Phoenix
White Noise
Violet
Aeronwen
Belendor
XcaliburDimes
Satheron
+
few more I hope

I can't post external links at the moment, so I'll put a few spaces in them. That way you can copy + paste them and take out the spaces.

Team Name: Regiment of Renown
Preferred Faction: Rhodoks
Team Leader: Littleman
Leader's Steam: http:// steamcommunity.com/id/littlemansprofile?tscn=1503445070
Other Leader's links:
http:// steamcommunity.com/id/WarGodKhaine/ (maybe)
http:// steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079605714/ (maybe)
http:// steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069377547/
Team members:
Gandalf
Kaiser
Kakashi
Killerking
Soothe
Just A Normal Person
Saigun
Arlo
Meme Goblin
Jc.Gaming
Kale
Surreal
Prince
My Waifu is my Laifu
Cahzinar

Awesome, thanks for signing up!

EDIT: Update: So the event is set for this Saturday. That's going to happen, however, things are not as complete as we had hoped they would be by this time, so the plan right now is to have this Saturday be a test event. We need to check gear balancing, map balancing and figure out lives for the Rhodoks so that it will be a fair fight in the by the end, there may be a chance for Swadia to win after all. I apologize for the late notice, it's due to a lack of planning on my part. But don't let that get you down! I plan for it to be loads of fun!

Back
Top Bottom