The rise of a King

Users who are viewing this thread

tywb93

Recruit
Welcome to Calradia, a war-torn land, ruled and ravaged by warmongering dictators. You are a young man, capable and strong, and after your father's demise, you are to decide the future of your weakened clan. at first, you try to manage and gather up what little resources you can, by farming or trading ( depends on daddy's occupation ), and make your way towards the capital, a mediocre yet dependable weapon in hand, for all the fame and glory that awaits...
This is exactly how I imagine the start of the single-player campaign, and even though, still in its developing phase, the playthrough is satisfactory ( highly satisfied with all the great mods out there ). Regarding all of that, and due great respect, I would like to highlight an example from warband's game of thrones mod, and how it can affect the entire playthrough of the vanilla campaign.
In the GOT mod, we can embed into a lord's army, he (or she) gives us a basic uniform, and we serve him to rise in our rank. this system can be added in the campaign in such a way that it ultimately becomes a vital part of the play-through, gaining renown by doing glorious tasks in battle, getting extra favors and bonuses by taking the head of an enemy lord ( or elite unit ), workshops rewarded for achievements( and i hope other sources of income are added in the future such as farmable land or trading outpost and merchant shops/ or you can become a blacksmith and hunt/loot materials to make weapons to earn a living ), thus making it easier to progress in the game by following the realistic steps of the medieval life.
With a little more thought, this makes it possible for the hero's son to actually take a vital role in helping his father's dream ( which i dont get to see as much as i would like ). IMHO the real protaganist in this game isnt HungryPanda ( my usual playthrough name) but his whole family, and they should get the love and attention they deserve.
After saving a merchants daughter from kidnappers, your talent is noticed by the local quartermaster. He offers you to join the town guard, a group of twelve exceptional farmers, and protect the villagers from harm. you agree, as you walk towards the armory to get suited up, you hear shouts not far away from you. with due haste, all suited up, you make way for a possible bandit attack with your posse.
a month goes by and your achievements grow day by day until finally, the quartermaster decides to promote you. You are now a soldier, in the lord's shield wall, and many hard times await.
you show exceptional skill and the lord notices. He offers a promotion as one of his elite squad, you accept.
life becomes easier for you as your rise in rank also helped your clan, you have many suitors and you marry someone special.
after hard days of work, and a few vacations, you are blessed with twins, a boy, and a girl. It is also about time the lord promotes you to one of his most trusted units, as a bodyguard and later as a companion.
old age creeps closer, but your battle prowess remains remarkable which leads you to be promoted to an official position. you are later free from the lord's vow but it is now up to your son to decide the fate of your family.
Old age has taken a toll on you, but the wonders your son has achieved, ensures a prideful departure to the other side.

Back
Top Bottom