The Repository / Mirror Please

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrugging Khan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Lately, the repository hasn't been working too well. Some people get crappy loading/downloading speeds, while others (myself included) can't access it at all.

Someone please create a mirror for PoP, on a site that isn't the repository.

Thanks a deal!

Shrugging Khan said:
Lately, the repository hasn't been working too well. Some people get crappy loading/downloading speeds, while others (myself included) can't access it at all.

Someone please create a mirror for PoP, on a site that isn't the repository.

Thanks a deal!

Sorry, won't happen Saxondragon only wants this up on the repository for a variety of reasons mentioned many times before (do a search on the forums you'll probably read the responses), so in the end it's his call to decide whether we would expand the download to other mirrors as well.

Maybe for POP 4 that could change, but 3.xx versions will be as is.

regards,

MP

That's a tad impractical. I'm DLing the latest version of PoP now, and it will take me an overall 7 hours finish. 20kb/s seems to be the fastest it will go :/

Speed issues with problems opening the page in the first place...I'm not wont to criticise the Dragon; but this seems to be highly adverse to accessibility for new players.

And a nuisance to old ones!  :razz:

Shrugging Khan said:
Speed issues with problems opening the page in the first place...I'm not wont to criticise the Dragon; but this seems to be highly adverse to accessibility for new players.

There's nothing wrong with critique.

Making this relatively inaccessible isn't the best idea. Mods are easy to grab, there's a ton of them, and when you're trying them out it's not fun to wait 3/4/5 hours for it.

What's the problem with a passworded download from one of the mainstream download sites? Or a volunteer host? I'm sure there are nice reasons for keeping it only on the repository, but they kind of pale in comparison to inaccessibility.

Edit: With a small bit of googling, I was able to find a mirror that's giving me 1MB/sec. Good enough. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom