The Refugee Kafuffle

What should we do about the Migrants? 2 - Mediterranean cruise boogaloo

• Let them in.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Keep them out. (By any means necessary.)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Keep them out. (In a more gentle fashion.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swap homes. (They live in yours and you move to where they come from.)

• It's too late, what's the point? The time to act was long ago.

• Let suitable migrants in using an Aussie style points system.

• Hire some mainlander bureaucrats to devise a human organisation system to sift through the moving gr

• Build a fortress-city in Syria to send the migrants to live in. (Eg; a desert-based 40k hive-city wi

• Give Migrants temporary accommodation to live in until the conflict simmers down. Then send them bac

• Give Migrants temporary accommodation to live in until the conflict simmers down. Then send them bac

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Campaign to stop the human traffickers.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Use force to send the boats back.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Tfw Vienna has finally fallen.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Raise a new iron curtain, militarize and double the numbers of the police force, and awaken and enha

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Surprisingly, not all refugees from the Middle East are great people and some of them want in on dat sweet European wealth.  :razz:
Wouldn't you?

There was a quite funny story of a Syrian woman living in Dubai who decided she wanted to be a refugee in Norway, but changed her mind after two months in the frozen north. Among her stated reasons was that the food in the supermarket wasn't organic, the meat was bloody and she had to carry her shopping bags by herself. After her state sponsored 2000 Euro return journey to Dubai she was very happy to be back in a civilized country. Lesson learned: Dubai is just as rich as Norway.

It's mostly just people outside NATO assuming europe is a sunshine-and-roses wonderland that's paved with gold. My grandparents literally believed that was true and very nearly went back home after the first winter.

I think one of my great aunts was horrified when all the trees started dying around september. :lol:

Every September Boris Johnson goes on a tree purge where he runs around the city for one month without a break, armed with a chainsaw and a bucket of fire ants, where disposes of Londons bloody hideous trees.

Ken Livingston then spends March skipping around with tree seeds and equilibrium is restored.

Untitled. said:
Calradianın Bilgesi said:
Untitled. said:
I'm pretty sure a refugee in the Mideast is a whole lot cheaper than a refugee in Europe. At least, the kind of money we used when I was in Lebanon was not really significant by European standards and it kept a fairly large amount of people fed and warm.
That's true. If you pointed that out to contextualise the Turkish expenditures for refugees, I can precise that it's more than 7 billion dollars. No European country has yet contributed that much for the refugees.
Europe is also like half a world away. I assume it's only natural that neighbouring countries are more affected by a crisis than ones far detached, even in a globalized world. But it's great that Turkey doesn't go the Saudi route about all of this.
Well, we don't have legal obligation to have them in Turkey unlike Europe but even as a promoter of human rights, and legally binded to have them, Europe is illegaly deporting them to Turkey. So why not Turks deport them back to Syria and Iraq? If I'm not wrong even Lebanon started to cancel their residence permit of refugees.
We are still suffering from 500k Iraqi Kurds we took in late 80's and early 90's.

A bunch of the glorious idiots in Brussels think it'd be a great idea to enforce unified asylum laws/regulations in the EU. Yeah, no idea how that could possibly go wrong...

Oh dear, you better tell us more about how Merkel specifically created Calais to mess with the Brits because she's a secret Communist Nazi or I fear I just can't take you seriously any more. :iamamoron:

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Isn't that basically what prepared the grounds for this whole mess in the first place?
The argument seems to be that a unified standard would help deal with a situation like there is at the moment.
And a good deal of the mess at the moment is that the current "deal" has been broken constantly for months now and proved to be untenable anyway.
The whole "stay where you are first registered", oh you don't want to register here? Err... well... err... where are you going? Oi! Suddenly Idomeni.

Denying that Merkel's own actions affected the whole crisis quite a bit would be silly too.

Unified asylum system is a great idea as long as the countries themselves will abide by this system (which they won't) and as long as the refugees will abide by the system (which they won't). As long as there are countries like the present Germany, unifying anything does not make much sense.

So what you're saying is that Germanys neighbors aren't cooperating with the Chancellors grand plan?

Well then I see no other option:
4953736+_13fb11722b83d2c99db0eb95422880e6.png

Except in this particular case, I do agree with what he said. There was the "Come along, we can take care of everybody!" rhetorics coming from Germany that helped to **** things up; especially when you couple it with labeling other countries nazis when they try to uphold written regulations; and pretending everything is in perfect order.

Yeah, the moral high horse and (sometimes not-so-) subtle blackmailing was the worst part. It just played right into the hands of people like Orban and Kaczynski. Maybe it was part of some masterplan that is yet to be revealed, but so far it looks like she just recklessly alienated a bunch of member states just to feel good for a while. A politician acting on emotions has no place leading the most important eurocountry imo.

And that's why Merkel never actually does anything. This is the first time I can remember that she actively took a stance ON ANYTHING and saw it through and see where that got us... :lol:
And no, I'm deadly serious.

BenKenobi said:
Except in this particular case, I do agree with what he said. There was the "Come along, we can take care of everybody!" rhetorics coming from Germany that helped to **** things up; especially when you couple it with labeling other countries nazis when they try to uphold written regulations; and pretending everything is in perfect order.
I fully agree, but again, I wasn't commenting on his actual post. Just on his general input to thee kind of topics.

Back
Top Bottom