The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Slawtering, I really like it, good work  :grin:, couple of improvements I think though

- the area which is just out front of the houses up to the bit with the car on it, currently you have painted this with the grassy texture, if you think about it though in real life there probably wouldnt be grass growing here, it'd be earth or dirt on the ground, paint this with a brush with a very low hardness (0.15 or something would do)

- if your going to use grass everywhere you should vary it slightly, a good way to do this is to set your brush so that it is very light,  I use a radius of 7, weight 0.02, and hardness 0.11, then select either the steppe or earth terrain and very faintly just kind of highlight/darken certain areas this makes grass look so much better e.g
r7p8.jpg

52qn.jpg

- also you could think about adding an border to your map, search for the border props (under border_ in the pack) these can add so much more atmosphere to your scenes, also when you are using border props place them in the center of your entire scene and then scale by 10 in the x,y and z axis.

- also the trees look a bit repetetive, if you have a search (in the plants section, not the scene prop section) for ntree there are some really good ones ntree_18, ntree_21 and ntree_fir are particularly nice

These are just nitpicking though, the scene is very nice as it is  :grin: also remember to pm me when you have done to let me know

Thanks I didn't want to use many different types of trees because I don't know what's common in Louisiana or if you would have many varieties in a small area (we do in forests in the UK).

I noticed the cars don't have colission meshes or wathever, I mean you can pass through them. Is it ok to sort the issue placing barriers aroiund them or are you gonna fix it some other way (I'm talking about static props, not the driveable vehicles)?

HoJu said:
I noticed the cars don't have colission meshes or wathever, I mean you can pass through them. Is it ok to sort the issue placing barriers aroiund them or are you gonna fix it some other way (I'm talking about static props, not the driveable vehicles)?
just place the cars, I will add a collision mesh eventually to them, all i need to do is edit a couple of lines of code and every car prop in the mod will become impassible, I keep forgetting to do it

La Grandmaster said:
HoJu said:
just place the cars, I will add a collision mesh eventually to them, all i need to do is edit a couple of lines of code and every car prop in the mod will become impassible, I keep forgetting to do it
where do you learn this stuff.  i wanna figure this out... how to code and stuff

Slawtering said:
Thanks I didn't want to use many different types of trees because I don't know what's common in Louisiana or if you would have many varieties in a small area (we do in forests in the UK).
Did you use any guides to help you start scening?

Very WIP
A quite street. When the emergency services failed to stop an outbreak, the neighbours tried to scape or barricade themselves in their homes.
1F52C791A73A3768AEDA6ACF380CECCC10623962

9989E103A134FC6E9E93E99126C473C9FCD376CC

Yes, the grass is too green, I didn't realize at the moment that those gardens haven't been taken care of for years. I'll have to make it look more abandoned.

I agree about the grass being a tad too green but apart from that nice  :grin: 

Got a very basic cover system implemented now, it works fairly well, basically
- You choose infantry, archers or cavalry (as you normally would in native)
- then press a certain key (ill probably set it to C or something)
- and any troops of the type you selected above will run to cover (as long as it is near), and once there they crouch behind it and fire at enemys

Still need to fix out some weird bug I have with crouching though, for some reason occasionally the troops kind of back-flip into themselves when crouched  :???: I think it has something to do with animations

La Grandmaster said:
...You choose infantry, archers or cavalry...
I think that should be changed. In modern warfare combat there is no difference between "infantry" and "archers". "Cavalry" instead may refer either to land, either to air veichles...

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I think that should be changed. In modern warfare combat there is no difference between "infantry" and "archers". "Cavalry" instead may refer either to land, either to air veichles...

This is not the army, there will be people running around with baseball bats and clubs - my definitions of the above are that infantry are melee troops, archers are your riflemen (anyone with a gun) and cavalry are anyone one on a horse.

The three categories are completely necessary - without them the cover system is more of a hindrance than useful. It allows you to command only certain troops at a time, there is absolutely no way I am removing it. Slawtering is correct, I will probably change the titles to melee troops, riflemen and cavalry/mounted troops eventually but this is not top of my to do list

Wow... Grandmaster... that is probably the coolest thing I ever saw a mod do. Seriously? Crouch behind cover. That must of took a ridiculous amount of coding? Is all the props crouchable or just a few?

I honestly just dropped my jaw... Good job dude.... good job

New Cover System - Pics

The new cover system in action (still needs a bit of work to it, it can be a bit fiddly at times)

Factions in the pics are The Aryan Brotherhood and The U.S Army, ignore the blue circles on the ground - they are simply there for testing purposes.

The Aryan Brotherhood taking cover
be21.jpg

zpxi.jpg

hyre.jpg

The U.S Army taking cover
9ukw.jpg

pxqn.jpg

wpvb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom