The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pjoft said:
Pjoft said:
And what about the female texures? I suppose they will have the same quality as the ones above.
I do care, because I'd like to play as one. It'd be a shame if The Reckoning had the same female textures as Native..
He has already posted pictures of the woman in the mod, and anyway he was not talking about the textures (they have been in the mod for a long time) he was talking about the mesh which is new.

Looks good though  :grin:

raca said:
Pjoft said:
Pjoft said:
And what about the female texures? I suppose they will have the same quality as the ones above.
I do care, because I'd like to play as one. It'd be a shame if The Reckoning had the same female textures as Native..
He has already posted pictures of the woman in the mod, and anyway he was not talking about the textures (they have been in the mod for a long time) he was talking about the mesh which is new.
Yeah, the one with the working girl.
And sorry, my bad; Texture =/= Mesh.

It's mighty nice of Grandmaster to release his creations as an OSP scening pack for the rest of us. So much so that I almost feel bad feel bad for even asking this but is there a chance of you actually releasing the items? I mean, there are plenty of guns and things like that out there, sure, but I haven't found any OSP of modern clothing/armor. :???:

Mr. Gloom said:
It's mighty nice of Grandmaster to release his creations as an OSP scening pack for the rest of us. So much so that I almost feel bad feel bad for even asking this but is there a chance of you actually releasing the items? I mean, there are plenty of guns and things like that out there, sure, but I haven't found any OSP of modern clothing/armor. :???:

He didnt release his scening pack as osp he released it as stuff for us to make scenese for him

Mr. Gloom said:

I won't be releasing it as OSP, well maybe in the distant future (like a year or so from now) i might, but not at the moment. It would be ridiculous for me to release the content as OSP before I have even released the mod. Countless duplicate mods would pop up in the pioneers guild, all identical to mines, meaning there would be nothing special about this mod anymore. Modders work to make their stuff unique and stand out from all the other mods, releasing content as osp completely removes this.

This does not mean I am not willing to let people use some of the resources, I have given a few people permission to use some of them already. But generally I only allow people to use content if their mod already shows progress.

I see. My mistake, I'm sorry. I don't think my very modest scening and modding skills will allow me to be of much help, but I won't use your stuff in anything I might do and publish if you don't want me to. No worries. :grin:

I won't be releasing it as OSP, well maybe in the distant future (like a year or so from now) i might, but not at the moment. It would be ridiculous for me to release the content as OSP before I have even released the mod. Countless duplicate mods would pop up in the pioneers guild
You're right.
For me, I think it is a good think to release his work as OSP after a couple of week after release mod :smile:
Our work (modder) is to share a different mod an a same game for nothing (no money).
FantasyWarrior says "You must do a mod for player not to be popular or anything else" he's completly right.

So thanks to LaGrandmaster and other modder who release OSP model and other stuff (many other isn't it ? :shock:)

Hazzardevil said:
Volkonski said:
La Grandmaster said:
The mod will be released in the next couple of months

Couple ranges from 1 to a million.
I have never heard of a couple referring to anything other than 2. However I have looked it up and it seems that informally a couple can refer to a number slightly higher than two, although it must still be a relatively small number - a million months is most definately not a couple. And anyway what are you wanting, an exact release date? I wouldnt of posted "The mod will be released in the next couple of months" if I was going to release it 10 months from now. You aint getting a more specific date

La Grandmaster said:
Hazzardevil said:
Volkonski said:
La Grandmaster said:
The mod will be released in the next couple of months

Couple ranges from 1 to a million.
I have never heard of a couple referring to anything other than 2. However I have looked it up and it seems that informally a couple can refer to a number slightly higher than two, although it must still be a relatively small number - a million months is most definately not a couple. And anyway what are you wanting, an exact release date? I wouldnt of posted "The mod will be released in the next couple of months" if I was going to release it 10 months from now. You aint getting a more specific date

I was joking. I mean two if I say a couple, but it's like "few" where it can mean anything sometimes.
Not to mention how mods never seem to come out when the modder wants them to.

Hey i was looking back on previous updates on the first page and something hit me not one of us have thought to ask. Or if they have i didn't see it but how does the new currency system work with explosive rounds do you just buy them separate and equip them as ammo but you get less ammo? or do they work the same way?

ALECOS said:
Hey i was looking back on previous updates on the first page and something hit me not one of us have thought to ask. Or if they have i didn't see it but how does the new currency system work with explosive rounds do you just buy them separate and equip them as ammo but you get less ammo? or do they work the same way?
I will make it so that explosive rounds can be purchased from traders. And during a battle when the player presses a certain key it will mean that their next round is an explosive round.
Basically when I certain key is pressed the players next shot will be explosive. Also note that explosive rounds can only be used once also, so once you fire one it is gone forever.

I have not done this yet but it should be fairly simple in comparison to the current ammo system. I am still ironing out tweaks with the main ammo system, which is now officially the longest and most complex piece of coding I have ever done  :grin:  Spent an hour today coding in sections which now take into account the amount of ammo the player has in their current clip. This was required as a player may carry in 3 different guns, all of which may use the same or different types of ammo, and it is important to know how much ammo is in one gun to decide how much is available to be put into another gun. I definitely underestimated how much work it would be to create a ammo consumption system which features bandoliers and 5 different types of ammo. It is working pretty much perfectly now though

Also no more healthbars, when you receive damage and depending how much health you have left the screen will bloody. How much blood is on the screen depends on how much health you have left, e.g if you only have 15% health left the screen will be very bloody while if you have around 75% health their will only be a small red spots in the corners

La Grandmaster said:
ALECOS said:
I will make it so that explosive rounds can be purchased from traders. And during a battle when the player presses a certain key it will mean that their next round is an explosive round.
Basically when I certain key is pressed the players next shot will be explosive. Also note that explosive rounds can only be used once also, so once you fire one it is gone forever.

I have not done this yet but it should be fairly simple in comparison to the current ammo system. I am still ironing out tweaks with the main ammo system, which is now officially the longest and most complex piece of coding I have ever done  :grin:  Spent an hour today coding in sections which now take into account the amount of ammo the player has in their current clip. This was required as a player may carry in 3 different guns, all of which may use the same or different types of ammo, and it is important to know how much ammo is in one gun to decide how much is available to be put into another gun. I definitely underestimated how much work it would be to create a ammo consumption system which features bandoliers and 5 different types of ammo. It is working pretty much perfectly now though

Also no more healthbars, when you receive damage and depending how much health you have left the screen will bloody. How much blood is on the screen depends on how much health you have left, e.g if you only have 15% health left the screen will be very bloody while if you have around 75% health their will only be a small red spots in the corners

Holy Shiz tits :eek:

What about vehicle damage tho?

La Grandmaster said:
ALECOS said:

Wow i wont be able to recognize this game anymore :O you are by far one of the most impressive modders i have had the pleasures of speaking too. like really i dont want to be the forum kiss ass just considering how much you have done in like a year is just astounding good for you man! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom