The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Grandmaster said:
von_lidl said:
Before I vote, how limited is the enemies ammunition?
Not very limited is the answer, they try to conserve ammo slightly when using automatic weapons (such as an uzi) by firing in short bursts, but apart from that they are not extremely conservative when it comes to ammo.

Grandmaster did you get fully automatic weapons yet? Like you can hold down the mouse button and it contiuosly fire shots, not just a sound and firing 3 at a time etc.

yeah middle answer, 3rd one would just make it a pointless shiny bell tacked on, and the ammo system should not get in the way of having fun like the fist one might 

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Grandmaster did you get fully automatic weapons yet? Like you can hold down the mouse button and it contiuosly fire shots, not just a sound and firing 3 at a time etc.
Fully automatic weapons have been in the mod for ages - they have never been "just a sound and firing 3 at a time"

Infected Super Soldiers

The US Army is arguably the strongest faction in the mod, their soldiers are well trained and extremely fit. It would hence seem that the infected wouldn't pose too much danger to a well equiped and trained soldier - wrong! Meet Alpha Squadron! Originally a elite group of US soldiers who were amongst the most highly trained and physically fit members of the US Army, the best of the best. Shortly after the outbreak Alpha Squad were ambushed by a massive horde of the infected, they held off for 3 full days before becoming overrun. Now the super soldiers have become an almost unstoppable infected horde.

idvf.jpg

In game shots
ezfj.jpg

La Grandmaster said:
Infected Super Soldiers

The US Army is arguably the strongest faction in the mod, their soldiers are well trained and extremely fit. It would hence seem that the infected wouldn't pose too much danger to a well equiped and trained soldier - wrong! Meet Alpha Squadron! Originally a elite group of US soldiers who were amongst the most highly trained and physically fit members of the US Army, the best of the best. Shortly after the outbreak Alpha Squad were ambushed by a massive horde of the infected, they held off for 3 full days before becoming overrun. Now the super soldiers have become an almost unstoppable infected horde.

idvf.jpg

In game shots
ezfj.jpg
Now thats how you do special infected :O i would love to see them in action soon.... or not D:

Regarding the poll, I would vote the ammo being limited but only if the bullets/guns were powerful enough to compensate for the rarity.

EDIT: Btw, awesome job so far on...well, everything!

La Grandmaster said:
Infected Super Soldiers

idvf.jpg

In game shots
ezfj.jpg

"I love my friend..."

Points if you get that reference, it's pretty dark. :smile:

Anyway, with enemies like that, I'm guessing this mod will end up suffering from Fallout Syndrome. A shame, but I guess that was to be expected. Still looking forward to it.

La Grandmaster said:
Infected Super Soldiers

idvf.jpg

In game shots
ezfj.jpg

Just another mercy kill to do.

NightHawkreal said:
We can meet these giants live analog?
I dont know what this means?

Falkner92 said:
Anyway, with enemies like that, I'm guessing this mod will end up suffering from Fallout Syndrome. A shame, but I guess that was to be expected. Still looking forward to it.
Fallout syndrome? Criticisms are welcome

La Grandmaster said:

Oh, right I forget. That's not an actual term people use, it's just something I made up. Sorry.

Anyway, Fallout Syndrome is when the game technically gives you the option to build a character specialized in melee combat, however, due to the fact that all the human enemies have guns and the non-human enemies almost all possess superhuman strength, speed and/or endurance, choosing to do so will make the game virtually unplayable, that's what I meant. I mean, I'm guessing trying to take on those brick sh*thouses in melee combat won't yield very good results for you, even at high levels. :???:

Falkner92 said:
La Grandmaster said:

Oh, right I forget. That's not an actual term people use, it's just something I made up. Sorry.

Anyway, Fallout Syndrome is when the game technically gives you the option to build a character specialized in melee combat, however, due to the fact that all the human enemies have guns and the non-human enemies almost all possess superhuman strength, speed and/or endurance, choosing to do so will make the game virtually unplayable, that's what I meant. I mean, I'm guessing trying to take on those brick sh*thouses in melee combat won't yield very good results for you, even at high levels. :???:
I totally get that but id imagine zombies cant block so just hit and run after their friends are dead maybe?

I suppose grandmaster could tie the super infected into a US army quest. Something like "Alpha squad went missing X weeks/months ago, we've tasked you and whomever you deem fit to accompany you to go find them. *Insert potential award here*". Also perhaps upon finding and eliminating the super infected you find a cache of weapons and supplies which you can either hoard for yourself or give to your faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom