The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a dupe.

But, I would say to give him the benefit of the doubt on the dupe case, (Colonel_Ryan is long gone after all, and I can think of no one else who Srsmanzor could be) and he does have a point about credit needing to be given, even if the original author is banned.

Also, 5arge:
5arge said:
Srsmanzor said:
You need to tell people some of your animations (like walk animation in front page video) are from Calradia Modern Warfare mod by Colonel_Ryan who left it as OSP since he got banned: so no one gets in trouble for using it in their mods thinking you are the sole creator since alot of you modders hate the idea of sharing and growing mod communities and ban people or get their mods removed if they have anything remotely similar to your own mods...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=94316.0

Proof:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=220038.0

so list it in credits that some of your animations are OSP
I think when you have more than 3 posts on this forum you may be taken more seriously.

That is a needless insult against someone who you have nothing against, because, as you so kindly point out, he is new to the forum. He has given proof, that should be all you need. Forum rank does not matter whatsoever.

The Dark Robin said:
That is a needless insult against someone who you have nothing against, because, as you so kindly point out, he is new to the forum. He has given proof, that should be all you need. Forum rank does not matter whatsoever.
First of all, we both know he is almost certainly a dupe. He will most likely be banned soon. Secondly, I was not commenting on forum rank, my suggestion was that a new user has no business telling people what they should be doing. If you check his post history, that is all he is up to. It only feels like an insult to sensitive little children who take it out of context. Like you did.

5arge said:
The Dark Robin said:
First of all, we both know he is almost certainly a dupe. He will most likely be banned soon. Secondly, I was not commenting on forum rank, my suggestion was that a new user has no business telling people what they should be doing. If you check his post history, that is all he is up to. It only feels like an insult to sensitive little children who take it out of context. Like you did.

this is what i say, most hostile community of all gaming world, mod community stunted in growth due to hostiles. every time, always saying "sorry" as if old days before rennaisance era. but it is ok, believe yourself right. i simple ask that OSP be made known since problems arise in this mod community if not known.

Srsmanzor said:
this is what i say, most hostile community of all gaming world, mod community stunted in growth due to hostiles. every time, always saying "sorry" as if old days before rennaisance era. but it is ok, believe yourself right. i simple ask that OSP be made known since problems arise in this mod community if not known.
Ok Colonel Ryan.  :wink:

5arge, bugger off and let the mods handle it.

Regardless if it is a dupe, he has a point. If Grandmaster used OSP credit should be given. Tbh though I doubt he needs OSP, he's done fine on his own :/

I doubt it was Ryan's anyways, that's why Ryan was banned, nearly everything in that abomination was stolen. Somewhere in my post history there's a long list of assets from 'Calradia: Modern Warfare' that are stolen from within the community, other mod communities or even games like Counter-Strike.

All in all, I wouldn't worry about it. La Grandmaster will handle whatever needs to be handled, and if the mods feel the need to get involved, they will. There's nothing more we as posters can really add to the discussion.

1. I don't see any walk animations in C:MW trailer.
2. Reckoning isn't out yet, I doubt the credits will be finished.
3. This is not a hostile community, you just somehow riled them up.
4. How will these "hostiles" stunt this or any other mod's growth, they seem to be defending it.
every time, always saying "sorry" as if old days before renaissance era.
What the **** does that mean?

Austupaio said:
I doubt it was Ryan's anyways, that's why Ryan was banned, nearly everything in that abomination was stolen. Somewhere in my post history there's a long list of assets from 'Calradia: Modern Warfare' that are stolen from within the community, other mod communities or even games like Counter-Strike.

All in all, I wouldn't worry about it. La Grandmaster will handle whatever needs to be handled, and if the mods feel the need to get involved, they will. There's nothing more we as posters can really add to the discussion.
So true.

5arge said:
Ok Colonel Ryan.  :wink:
The Dark Robin said:
Colonel_Ryan is long gone
So I doubt it is a dupe.

Ryan was last active:
September 20, 2010, 01:44:48 PM
So, if he were to make a dupe, it would be in 2010, not 2014. :roll:

As for the stolen resources, that still means that someone should be credited, and that brings to question if there is permission at all to use the resources from C:MW. However, I do agree with Slawtering that there are no walking animations visible in the trailer.

Slawtering said:
1. I don't see any walk animations in C:MW trailer.
2. Reckoning isn't out yet, I doubt the credits will be finished.
3. This is not a hostile community, you just somehow riled them up.
4. How will these "hostiles" stunt this or any other mod's growth, they seem to be defending it.
every time, always saying "sorry" as if old days before renaissance era.
What the **** does that mean?

you yourself upload link

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,220038.msg5281410.html#msg5281410
http://www.mediafire.com/?8rdqk9s88yfs6t1

if you examine contents you will find CMW_Anims.brf you will see same animations found in trailer for this mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl7LEFQppUU&feature=player_detailpage#t=43 

at time :43 it is a nice animation i think, but it is OSP from a dead mod so let it be know so more can share in it without any fears this community may bring them and give credit to Colonel_Ryan, dont you think?

here is more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ZgGEOfHsg
and here is picture of its use: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2811/2dart.jpg

I understand now, but in the initial trailer you showed there wasn't a walk animation whatsoever, plus I'm not going to remember something from nearly 2 years ago.

*Cough* on another note, what are the new scene prop that have been put in, in comparison to the scening pack that was released?

This mod uses a lot of OSP stuff, some from TLD and probably some from C:MW too, if it's OSP and useful. I'm sure a credit list will be up soner or later but there is no need for it until the mod is released.

I have a rough idea about who's account I believe this is but I will carry on as if its not regardless, there have been similar posts in this thread and on the modb page which take a similar view of the taleworlds community - "since alot of you modders hate the idea of sharing and growing mod communities and ban people or get their mods removed if they have anything remotely similar to your own mods...".

@Srsmanzor, the credits list is not even close to complete, rest assured it will be done before this mod is released though. I believe I use a couple of animations from CMW.

To be honest though, if you had complained about me using TLD content without giving credits, I would be much more understanding. This mod owes a great debt to the TLD mod and uses loads of scripts (and models) from it, and I have not yet put them in the credits list (which granted I should, but I didn't think it was incredibly important as the mod is not released yet). But instead you have decided to complain on behalf of a modder who is renowned for stealing other peoples work. It just seems a bit unusual - but hey check the credits now, I have changed them so the honorable Colonel_Ryan quite rightfully gets the credits he deserves

Srsmanzor said:
it is a nice animation i think, but it is OSP from a dead mod so let it be know so more can share in it without any fears this community may bring them and give credit to Colonel_Ryan, dont you think?
If you want to use the animation download it straight from the osp source, which clearly states it is OSP, with no ambiguity. You should not be downloading this mod and looking through it for osp stuff - as the osp things I use are often highly altered - and you do not have permission to use them - if you want to use the osp resources then, like I said, download them from the source. Do not download this mod looking for resources to use, as you do not know what I have modified and what I have not.

This is the last I will say on this subject, I will try to keep the credits list more updated in future but I really didnt think it was incredibly important seeing as the mod is not yet released.

On a side note though the limited ammo system is now working perfectly - I have put a new poll up regarding how limited ammo should be

Voted for the second option.
Though the apocalypse is going on, ammunition shouldn't be so difficult (nor so easy either) to find around cities, dead bodies and any other places you can imagine. However, the players must be forced to conserve ammo whenever possible, because -I suppose- it wouldn't be so easy to tell when a huge horde of dead-walking creatures is going to catch you by surprise, or when you'll need to sweep some gangs from the map by storming their safehouses; thus having the necessity to keep ammunition for those unexpected events.

von_lidl said:
Before I vote, how limited is the enemies ammunition?
Not very limited is the answer, they try to conserve ammo slightly when using automatic weapons (such as an uzi) by firing in short bursts, but apart from that they are not extremely conservative when it comes to ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom