The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawiduh said:
La Grandmaster: how did the White Supremacy dudes get WWII german weapons?  :mrgreen:
'Murica is full of old WW2 weapons from Japan, Russia, and Germany. We call them trophies, but they still shoot. I can get a German P38 made in 1944 cheaper than a brand new Glock.

5arge said:
Dawiduh said:
La Grandmaster: how did the White Supremacy dudes get WWII german weapons?  :mrgreen:
'Murica is full of old WW2 weapons from Japan, Russia, and Germany. We call them trophies, but they still shoot. I can get a German P38 made in 1944 cheaper than a brand new Glock.

The tricky question is: what about the ammo? Germans are known for designing 10 000 types of weapons each with its own caliber. The logistics for that was insane so they has one whole ministry for that (Ammunition? Armament?) led by Architect Albert Speer. What I'm asking (mostly for my own information, not to be added ingame) is if you can find sufficient ammo for such old and well, odd, weaponry.

Russians are known for keeping it simple. They used that 7.62 caliber from the stone age to 1974 and beyond. Even their SMGs in WWII were designed to use pistol rounds so they wouldn't have to build a brand new production line. And I mean THE SAME DAMN pistol rounds the whole Red Army used. And they say would could disassemble a T-34 with 2 types of wrenches  :mrgreen:

Speaking of which... is it a coincidence no zombie movies take place in Russia?

Wow wonder about a very difficult start on this mod where the original bandit in town scene is replaced for you fight 2 or 3 zombies with a pen or a scissor or even your fists

5arge said:
Dawiduh said:
The tricky question is: what about the ammo?
We reload ammo here in the States, so you can just save your brass and make your own ammo.

Dawiduh said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731775/

That would be an interesting mechanic.  maybe you could only do this if you reasearched the tech, or if you built the facility. (or maybe it could be a party skill upgrade option.  like a hero skill?)

Ok guys, you are all getting a bit to realistic. Honestly, if we get 1000's of ammo for different guns it would be to much. And i mean the gask masks, how many things were made. German japanes and those types of guns. It's a game, sure you want atleast half assed reality, but 100 percent blow through? You're asking to much. Plus it would take a long time to make all this ****, and then to remove stuff because its not realistic.

I mean, who cares if their is only a couple types of ammo. Honestly I wouldnt, just say bullets, generic bullets, exquisite bullets, then any ammunition for other weapons like rpg's and ****. Just don't be putting like 9mm bullets or 12.7mm bullets. 12 guage and 6 gauge.

La Grandmaster said:
The Aryan Brotherhood taking cover
be21.jpg

zpxi.jpg

hyre.jpg

Some of the weapons need to be scaled up a little.

La Grandmaster, I just realized you cross out Las Vatos on the planned factions list so i'm guess that it own't be in the mod? Sorry if I missed something though

5arge said:
Dawiduh said:
The tricky question is: what about the ammo?
We reload ammo here in the States, so you can just save your brass and make your own ammo.

Dawiduh said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731775/

I imagine it would be a pain in the *ss to look for all those cartridges in the grass to reload :grin: but, true, it's possible. Though I guess the cartidge would eventually get damaged and unusable after a certain number of uses. And I'll check that movie out when possible, I don't know why, but it seems fun.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Ok guys, you are all getting a bit to realistic. Honestly, if we get 1000's of ammo for different guns it would be to much. And i mean the gask masks, how many things were made. German japanes and those types of guns. It's a game, sure you want atleast half assed reality, but 100 percent blow through? You're asking to much. Plus it would take a long time to make all this ****, and then to remove stuff because its not realistic.

I mean, who cares if their is only a couple types of ammo. Honestly I wouldnt, just say bullets, generic bullets, exquisite bullets, then any ammunition for other weapons like rpg's and ****. Just don't be putting like 9mm bullets or 12.7mm bullets. 12 guage and 6 gauge.

Well, as I already said, it doesn't have to be introduced in the game: that was a question for my own information. Probably there will be 3 types of ammo: pistol&SMG; rifle/assault rifle and shotgun. But that's La Grandmaster's choice on how he wants to do his game.

Most zombie games revolve around some form of survival, and scavenging and crafting is part of it. I liked the way Metro 2033: military-grade ammunition is high-quality, but expensive and hard to find. Ammunition produced post-apocalypse works, but tends to be of lower quality.

This looks supreme, but as much as I know, it's just crouching that you coded in a way that will be activated when they recognize a blue dot and when under attack.
Am I right?

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Most zombie games revolve around some form of survival, and scavenging and crafting is part of it. I liked the way Metro 2033: military-grade ammunition is high-quality, but expensive and hard to find. Ammunition produced post-apocalypse works, but tends to be of lower quality.

By the way, how many years have passed since the disaster?

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Quality of the arrows/bolts is already a feature in native, so you can just change "bent arrows" for "hand-made cartridges" or something.

@slawtering, yeah that would be a whole lot of help - Ive got so much more to do before I start rescaling/repositioning weapons, you already have the scening pack so the brfs for the weapons should be in there, all weapons are under weapons_modern or weapons_ww2, thanks a bunch  :grin:

@Dawiduh, as for the ammo Ill probably have a few different types of ammunition, but there will not be loads.

@David Stark, its a tad more complicated than that,  wolfstar had it almost completely correct to be honest
Wolfstar said:
Well no not really. Its pretty obvious that they can when they enter a scene. All it looks like is that the bots loop through all the scene prop types for the "blue circles" and find the nearest one. Then they move to the position and upon being within a small radius or standing on the scene prop via a trigger the agent is scripted to sit down until commanded otherwise. At least thats what it looks like to me.
I plan to build upon this though, Id like to add some command which once issued means that - any troops currently taking cover will look for a cover position which is situated closer to the enemy, and if they find one (which is closer than the one they are at) they will advance towards it and take cover once they reach it. Also vice versa for retreating

The problem with this is that I am going to start having to use slots on the scene props and a few other thing before this would work well, although it is entirely possible to do with a little work

smothdude said:
How long until a sort of "beta" is released? (If info of this was talked about earlier, I was on vacation)

God, people need to stop with this.

A few posts back was the latest scening pack which includes everything grandmaster did so far. (besdides recent updates like cover system) So play that and get the 30 minutes of fun ur talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom