The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

  • Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

    Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

    Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

    Votes: 121 12.0%

  • Total voters
    1,008

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissmaster said:
RapidJuice said:
Hazzardevil said:
La Grandmaster said:
Doublebrain said:
No one would fight in a deathmatch if you dont force them to do so. I never liked this deathmatch arenas. Its just.. stupid. Maybe you could throw 2 starving guys in the arena and promise the survivor a can of beans. But every human with brain would not go into an deathmatch arena if it wasnt necessary for their survival.
Ofc its just a game. But still I think its immersion breaking because unrealistic.
This is a mod about zombies - I think that is a tad more unrealistic than deathmatch arena fights
I can imagine that you would have deathmatch arenas where people would be forced to fight zombies in a small ring, like in Rot and Ruin.
I'm actually not sure about the whole "arena" situation getting kept in just because it features in other modules. Sure, it'd be fun, but not as immersive. I think, at most, maybe tournaments, melee only though. Maybe some cool rewards like in Brytenwalda or 1257AD, where you could earn items from the tournaments like weapons and armor, not only the fame.

By the way, keep up the good work La Grandmaster!
Question for anyone to answer - since the mod will feature a whole lot of gunplay (I think someone said quarter melee), will there be a non-lethal mode of eliminating your enemies? Ranging from beanbag shotguns to non-lethal shots? What do you guys think?
bad idea....why would i shoot at someone to not kill him? in a world where there is only the law of the strongest......
same with Zombies....you should propably kill them before they kill you
Working as slaves, currency from ransoms, recruiting (higher trained) prisoners into your party?
 
So any updates been done like can we have some nice screen shots of the mod or a Game play footage of its state. Really wanna do a few YouTube vids of this myself
 
Let's try to keep this discussion to constructive criticism, suggestions and whatnot instead of just asking for screenshots and stuff.
I mean, I'm not saying don't upload screenshots, just don't expect him to work super fast on it.
He's done fantastic work so far, so to see him rush any of it and end up half-assed (which it looks nothing like atm), it would be tragic.

So I'm assuming the Church of The Holy Saviour serves as a kind of "Caesars Legion"?
 
One silly question. What is Suomi 41? If it means the Suomi submachine gun, then a proper name would be Suomi m-31 (I know these things, because I happen to own one of those guns  :cool:)
 
My first guess is it's a reference to a Japanese Game Developer called Suda 51, but I'm probably wrong.
Suda 51 makes random stuff like Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead.
 
RapidJuice said:
So I'm assuming the Church of The Holy Saviour serves as a kind of "Caesars Legion"?
The Church of the Holy Savior is more of a christian charitable type faction, they are meant to be one of the more morally good factions in the mod. They feature a larger number of troops but are fairly poorly equipped.

dinnerblaster said:
One silly question. What is Suomi 41? If it means the Suomi submachine gun, then a proper name would be Suomi m-31 (I know these things, because I happen to own one of those guns  :cool:)
There is a Suomi M/41 but I think you are probably right, the model does resemble the M/31 version more. I am tempted just to call it a Tommy Gun to be honest, as it looks reasonably similar to one and they are much more widely known. Regardless it doesn't make much difference, that particular gun does not function in the current version of the mod anyway as I have not set up the type of ammo it uses. When it does get set up it will use 5.56mm ammo
 
La Grandmaster said:
When it does get set up it will use 5.56mm ammo

There isn't a 9 mm caliber in the mod? I always understand gameplay reasons for changes, but in real life the gun used the same bullet as MP40. Sorry for keeping this going, this matter isn't really that portant to me either but decided to point it out anyway...

...or actually what the hell, now that we I have warmed up with gun patriotism, let's link for all to see the movie scene that made the damn thing famous. The film is The Unknown soldier from 1955 and in it the hero Antti Rokka slaughters a soviet platoon with his iconic weapon of choice:


Just so because everyone could see how badass the weapon is :mrgreen:
 
That is actually quite interesting thanks  :smile: The mod does actually have 9mm ammo so I will set it up to use that, I thought it would require some weird old fashioned ammo so decided just to set it up with 5.56mm rounds (which is what most of the other automatic rifles use).

Regarding new screen shots, havent really got any which are too interesting but I posted these in nordous sceners guild, they showcase the settlement's bars for the mod

Every npc in this scene is an actual npc (not just a scene prop), they move, drink, play guitar, dance ect. Still WIP though but I like how they are coming along

EinR9rx.jpg

1ckVg4s.jpg
 
La Grandmaster said:
RapidJuice said:
So I'm assuming the Church of The Holy Saviour serves as a kind of "Caesars Legion"?
The Church of the Holy Savior is more of a christian charitable type faction, they are meant to be one of the more morally good factions in the mod. They feature a larger number of troops but are fairly poorly equipped.

Sounds great, I'm glad we're not going for the "fanatic silly christian fedora atheist" angle. By Caesars Legion, I meant as in, they will be the only faction who use (quarter) melee-focused troops? I only gather that from the (fantastic) screenshots and their signature body armour. I'm not sure whether I would prefer troops with heavy steel armour to be toting machine guns, or using equipment like swords and shields (with a post-apocalyptic spin of course). I'm not sure whether heavily armoured knights would "pull off" a fully automatic rifle, then again, there's always the possibility they would..

knight+with+ak.jpg
 
I saw those previews in another thread. That is some impressive work. Will you be making a option for the player to sit down? (And maybe have a cold one) :smile:
 
I really like this mod

I've never been a fan of the "zombie apocalypse" setting, especially when it involved viruses but this is good...

Well done man... I just hope you'll release a mod system or smth like that as I have some time planning a certain submod... Apocalyptic (sort of) but no zombies...
 
La Grandmaster said:
That is actually quite interesting thanks  :smile: The mod does actually have 9mm ammo so I will set it up to use that, I thought it would require some weird old fashioned ammo so decided just to set it up with 5.56mm rounds (which is what most of the other automatic rifles use).

Regarding new screen shots, havent really got any which are too interesting but I posted these in nordous sceners guild, they showcase the settlement's bars for the mod

Every npc in this scene is an actual npc (not just a scene prop), they move, drink, play guitar, dance ect. Still WIP though but I like how they are coming along

EinR9rx.jpg

1ckVg4s.jpg

In Star Wars Conquest I saw this feature, the NPCS said jokes too, you can add that xD
 
Fantastic work, I hope this makes the game feel more... alive. That seems like a problem in the game when you walk around cities.
 
Possible rumors in this game when you ask a villager:

"My child went out to play, I didn't see her again."
"Those zombies were once human, I hope there are a cure for them..."
"I like to kill da zombies" HAHA" (then runs from you).
 
I can just imagine all the cruel racist jokes by the Aryans and Confederates, the lamest one possibly being:

"What makes two *naughty word* in a yellow bedroll? A Twix!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom