The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dinnerblaster said:
Better get this mod out quick, so we can start practising for life after Russia's bombed everything to the ground. Not meaning to cause mass hysteria, but the situation as it is now, looks bad. Very, very bad.

You made me google dis shart.

U made me shart myself.

dinnerblaster said:
Better get this mod out quick, so we can start practising for life after Russia's bombed everything to the ground. Not meaning to cause mass hysteria, but the situation as it is now, looks bad. Very, very bad.
Russia isn't going to bomb anything to the ground. Besides, even if they do, we're probably reasonably safe.
Though it was never my plan to fight in WWIII. *sigh* Interestingly enough, I've been preaching that WWIII would start in 2014 for a few years now. Given the recent events, I may be right, though it would be far, far better if I am completely wrong.

On a side note, this is not the thread to discuss politics and international affairs, so let's can the spam right now.

Lumos said:
dinnerblaster said:
Russia isn't going to bomb anything to the ground. Besides, even if they do, we're probably reasonably safe.
Though it was never my plan to fight in WWIII. *sigh* Interestingly enough, I've been preaching that WWIII would start in 2014 for a few years now. Given the recent events, I may be right, though it would be far, far better if I am completely wrong.

On a side note, this is not the thread to discuss politics and international affairs, so let's can the spam right now.

I'll eat the spam in my bomb shelter

Alright i have been playing some M&B and im curious as to how the arenas will work in the towns as well as marriage and lordship basically all the boring things nobody has asked about

It would be cool if the arena be a foorball stadium and the contesrants wore football gear, but that'd neeed a lot of custom props and items (big foam gloves as weapons?)  :razz:

ALECOS said:
Alright i have been playing some M&B and im curious as to how the arenas will work in the towns as well as marriage and lordship basically all the boring things nobody has asked about
Basically in an ideal world I would change the whole lot - arenas would be set up to hold almost mad max style deathmatches along with jeep races and fist fights. But I sadly lack the time to do all of this so, in the alpha version at least, there will be no arenas (they just wont be accessible). I would like to do something with the marriage system as well but I have no plans for it yet.

HoJu said:
It would be cool if the arena be a foorball stadium and the contesrants wore football gear, but that'd neeed a lot of custom props and items (big foam gloves as weapons?)  :razz:
The mod does feature football gear but not in arenas.

La Grandmaster said:
ALECOS said:
Basically in an ideal world I would change the whole lot - arenas would be set up to hold almost mad max style deathmatches along with jeep races and fist fights. But I sadly lack the time to do all of this so, in the alpha version at least, there will be no arenas (they just wont be accessible). I would like to do something with the marriage system as well but I have no plans for it yet.

HoJu said:
I think the final around of the arena should be to the death, as in you can actually kill the last person, i know it does not change or matter much it is just a word that said knocked unconscious or killed, but it would make it sooo much more satisfying killing the champion/defending yourself as champion, at least once they are put in

ALECOS said:
La Grandmaster said:
ALECOS said:
HoJu said:
I think the final around of the arena should be to the death, as in you can actually kill the last person, i know it does not change or matter much it is just a word that said knocked unconscious or killed, but it would make it sooo much more satisfying killing the champion/defending yourself as champion, at least once they are put in
Oblivion much?

well id prefer it to be like a real deathmatch arena like from history and post-apoalypse media but i know the mount and blade arena system uses lords and companions as contestants and you cant kill them so no not oblivion...

No one would fight in a deathmatch if you dont force them to do so. I never liked this deathmatch arenas. Its just.. stupid. Maybe you could throw 2 starving guys in the arena and promise the survivor a can of beans. But every human with brain would not go into an deathmatch arena if it wasnt necessary for their survival.
Ofc its just a game. But still I think its immersion breaking because unrealistic.

In Rome a good number of gladiators were volunteers. You just had to win a few battles and play to the crowd and then once your popular any game host with a bit of sense would spare your life every time you lost.

Doublebrain said:
No one would fight in a deathmatch if you dont force them to do so. I never liked this deathmatch arenas. Its just.. stupid. Maybe you could throw 2 starving guys in the arena and promise the survivor a can of beans. But every human with brain would not go into an deathmatch arena if it wasnt necessary for their survival.
Ofc its just a game. But still I think its immersion breaking because unrealistic.
i think you would be surprised what glory and riches without real consequences and drive alot of people to do, especially if your looking at it with a modern civilized perspective but in such a brutal world of course they would exist. but i understand that just its fun becoming a blood thirsty arena champion

Doublebrain said:
This is a mod about zombies - I think that is a tad more unrealistic than deathmatch arena fights

La Grandmaster said:
Doublebrain said:
This is a mod about zombies - I think that is a tad more unrealistic than deathmatch arena fights

I can imagine that you would have deathmatch arenas where people would be forced to fight zombies in a small ring, like in Rot and Ruin.

Hazzardevil said:
La Grandmaster said:
Doublebrain said:
I can imagine that you would have deathmatch arenas where people would be forced to fight zombies in a small ring, like in Rot and Ruin.
I'm actually not sure about the whole "arena" situation getting kept in just because it features in other modules. Sure, it'd be fun, but not as immersive. I think, at most, maybe tournaments, melee only though. Maybe some cool rewards like in Brytenwalda or 1257AD, where you could earn items from the tournaments like weapons and armor, not only the fame.

By the way, keep up the good work La Grandmaster!
Question for anyone to answer - since the mod will feature a whole lot of gunplay (I think someone said quarter melee), will there be a non-lethal mode of eliminating your enemies? Ranging from beanbag shotguns to non-lethal shots? What do you guys think?

RapidJuice said:
Hazzardevil said:
La Grandmaster said:
Doublebrain said:
I'm actually not sure about the whole "arena" situation getting kept in just because it features in other modules. Sure, it'd be fun, but not as immersive. I think, at most, maybe tournaments, melee only though. Maybe some cool rewards like in Brytenwalda or 1257AD, where you could earn items from the tournaments like weapons and armor, not only the fame.

By the way, keep up the good work La Grandmaster!
Question for anyone to answer - since the mod will feature a whole lot of gunplay (I think someone said quarter melee), will there be a non-lethal mode of eliminating your enemies? Ranging from beanbag shotguns to non-lethal shots? What do you guys think?
bad idea....why would i shoot at someone to not kill him? in a world where there is only the law of the strongest......
same with Zombies....you should propably kill them before they kill you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom