The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dinnerblaster said:
La Grandmaster said:
Just to clarify to him - this mod is not OSP

Why it isn't? At least I'd be eager to see what possible spinnoff mods would pop up.

Because Grandmaster invested hours upon hours into this mod , it wouldn't be special if dozens of people made nearly the same thing. They would recive credit although having nearly the same mod.

La Grandmaster said:
Mr. Gloom said:
It's mighty nice of Grandmaster to release his creations as an OSP scening pack for the rest of us. So much so that I almost feel bad feel bad for even asking this but is there a chance of you actually releasing the items? I mean, there are plenty of guns and things like that out there, sure, but I haven't found any OSP of modern clothing/armor. :???:

I won't be releasing it as OSP, well maybe in the distant future (like a year or so from now) i might, but not at the moment. It would be ridiculous for me to release the content as OSP before I have even released the mod. Countless duplicate mods would pop up in the pioneers guild, all identical to mines, meaning there would be nothing special about this mod anymore. Modders work to make their stuff unique and stand out from all the other mods, releasing content as osp completely removes this.

This does not mean I am not willing to let people use some of the resources, I have given a few people permission to use some of them already. But generally I only allow people to use content if their mod already shows progress.

dinnerblaster said:
La Grandmaster said:
Just to clarify to him - this mod is not OSP
Why it isn't? At least I'd be eager to see what possible spinnoff mods would pop up.
Because I have spent hours and hours on this mod, you wouldnt ask the veiled stars creator to release his mod as osp right away. If I released this as OSP today there would be ten rip off mods in the pioneers guild tomorrow, all of which would be almost identical to this mod with slight improvements

Volsunga said:
¿what about the hispanic gang? or you will add a Barrio Latino?
I wouldnt mind adding them as a small kind of "bandit" group, the problem was that I dont have any good hispanic face textures - they would currently just look like white caucasians so theres no point in me adding any until I have some decent hispanic face textres

Small Update

- The infected can now be decapitated, this occurs in battles and when scavenging. It looks pretty cool

- Player can now name their party whatever they want (e.g Grandmaster's Raiders), eventually I will tie the party naming to what your karma level is, but for the moment you can call your party whatever you want

- Also a small update on the camera system, I have tried for the past week to line up crosshairs with where the player is shooting, I discovered early on that I had to make the system interactive (in that I would have to dynamically rotate the camera slightly, dependent on how far away the player is aiming). It looked like it might be possible early on, I managed to get the exact position the player is aiming (which sounds simple but is actually incredibly complicated and difficult, since warband has no "ray" function), I then also worked out a massive calculation which basically used pretty complicated trigonometry between the player, camera position and the point the cam is aiming at - this allowed me to get the angle between the point the player is actually aiming at and the point the crosshair is aiming at - at this point it was all looking good - this is all the required information I would need to dynamically rotate the crosshair. However I discovered a couple of days ago that it would be impossible for me to line them up, as there is no function in warband which would allow me to rotate the player, which has left me a bit annoyed  :???:

I have come up with a less good, but atleast working system now. The player can have custom cameras whenever they want (during battles, in towns ect) - but when they press the left mouse button down (to ready an attack) the camera temporarily turns off (it goes back to native warband), until they release the attack at which point it returns back to their custom camera. It is not exactly how I wanted the cameras to work, but I think it is the best possible in warband. Warband simply does not allow offset cameras to line up with the crosshair. However the way I have it now still looks reasonably good.

You make things complicated sometimes, Grand. Anyway, I will see if I can spare time for writing the system you desire. Good progress still.

La Grandmaster said:
I have come up with a less good, but atleast working system now. The player can have custom cameras whenever they want (during battles, in towns ect) - but when they press the left mouse button down (to ready an attack) the camera temporarily turns off (it goes back to native warband), until they release the attack at which point it returns back to their custom camera. It is not exactly how I wanted the cameras to work, but I think it is the best possible in warband. Warband simply does not allow offset cameras to line up with the crosshair. However the way I have it now still looks reasonably good.

As long as the transition is smooth then I don't think it matters too much.

Belendor said:
You make things complicated sometimes, Grand. Anyway, I will see if I can spare time for writing the system you desire. Good progress still.
Cant argue with that, getting the cross-hair lined up perfectly, is something which I think needs to be done as accurately as possible though, which is why i tried the way above. Let me know if you get anywhere though  :smile:

La Grandmaster said:
Belendor said:
Cant argue with that, getting the cross-hair lined up perfectly, is something which I think needs to be done as accurately as possible though, which is why i tried the way above. Let me know if you get anywhere though  :smile:
I believe Iron Europe has scopes, maybe they can help?

I could foresee Fallout themed mods appearing. There actually was one already for the original M&B, which is interesting because it took "The Reckoning's" spot of being the first post-apocalyptic M&B mod ever created. It's unfinished, abandoned and bad though, but still a curious piece of early obscure M&B modding and a pioneer work in a way or another.

Here's a link, for those who are interested:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout

dinnerblaster said:
I could foresee Fallout themed mods appearing. There actually was one already for the original M&B, which is interesting because it took "The Reckoning's" spot of being the first post-apocalyptic M&B mod ever created. It's unfinished, abandoned and bad though, but still a curious piece of early obscure M&B modding and a pioneer work in a way or another.

Go kick sand on someone else's beach towel. An unfinished mod doesn't count for anything.  :evil:

dinnerblaster said:

Id imagine there are far more post apocalyptic mods for M&B out there, it is just that most (almost all) do not get finished. Regarding the mod, I haven't done much interesting lately, just largely coding and a little work on the raider factions which now each have a small troop tree.

Volsunga said:
Who is the guy in your avatar? i think is Hegel in his youth, possibly?

You say you can't recognize the great Jørgen Jørgensen when you see him? Oh dear, let me explain his story. He was an early 19th century sailor, soap merchant, pirate and most likely nuts. When he sailed to Iceland in 1809 with an English ship attempting to sell some supplies, the island's Danish governor forbidded it because Britain and Denmark were at war at the time. So, what Jørgensen did, was putting the governor under arrest with the help of his trusty crew, and proclaimed himself as 'His Excellency, the Protector of Iceland, Commander in Chief by Land and Sea' (simply and emperor), and attempted to create some sort of liberal utopia.

You can guess that his heaven on earth didn't last too long, when two months later the Danish ship HMS Talbot seemingly by half accident arrived to the Reykjavik's harbour and then picked Jørgensen up to custody. This wasn't the man's last great adventure, but it sure was the craziest.

However, I cannot imagine how much more offtopic one can possibly go, se let's move on.

La Grandmaster said:
dinnerblaster said:

Id imagine there are far more post apocalyptic mods for M&B out there, it is just that most (almost all) do not get finished. Regarding the mod, I haven't done much interesting lately, just largely coding and a little work on the raider factions which now each have a small troop tree.

Mount and Shotgun was fun.

Better get this mod out quick, so we can start practising for life after Russia's bombed everything to the ground. Not meaning to cause mass hysteria, but the situation as it is now, looks bad. Very, very bad.

dinnerblaster said:
Better get this mod out quick, so we can start practising for life after Russia's bombed everything to the ground. Not meaning to cause mass hysteria, but the situation as it is now, looks bad. Very, very bad.
This might sound weird but im playing as ukraine in some of my games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom