The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not really. Check this out:
La Grandmaster said:
Hazzardevil said:
So your number of shots in a battle is to do with how much you carry with you in your inventory? Because it seems interesting that you need to shoot a lot to buy anything, but you can't shoot too much or you will run out of money.

Why do you need to shoot a lot to buy anything? You have completely misunderstood what I meant to say

- Shell casings are the currency in this mod (basically I have just changed the word "denars" to "shell casings")
they can be gained in all the normal warband ways - quests, trading ect.
- it just so happens that when you fire a gun you gain 1 shell casing (but this is very unimportant, I could remove it completely and it would have no effect)

What is confusing you is that the fact that ammunition is not infinite in this mod. Guns do not use infinite bullet bags like in native, they use ammunition (like your troops eat grain), when you fire a round it is gone forever and you have to craft/buy new ammunition, and it is the costs of crafting/buying bullets that makes players think about when using weapons.

The fact that you gain 1 shell casing when you fire a round is very unimportant, you are basically gaining 1 of natives "denars".

A numerical example may clear it up for you, or it may make it more complicated - this is what I had to draw up before I started the coding so ill put it i here anyway but do not pay too much attention to it
1 Round is composed of 2 parts
- 1 Shell Casing
- 1 Unit of Gunpowder

1 Shell casing has a value of 1 (as it is obviously 1 shell casing) and 1 unit of gunpowder has a value of 4 (4 shell casings)
Therefore the bullet being composed of 1 Shell Casing + 1 Unit of Gunpowder has a total value of 5 shell casings

- so 1 Round, has a value equal to 5 shell casings

This means that when you fire 1 round, although you gain 1 shell casing you are overall losing 4, as you are using the gunpowder.

Note I had to do this before the coding, you do not need to understand any of it

This may sound complicated but it is incredibly simple. You do not need even need to understand any of this in the mod, if you take away one idea from this entire post the following sentence would do - it is that ammunition costs money so you should think carefully when using it.

Seppuku said:
Is there any possibility of this being multiplayer in the future?
If someone with (previous modding experience) wanted to create it I would not be against it. I would offer help where I could and they would have access to all the mods resources. However I personally will not be creating MP

Most of warband's mp mods are empty enough to begin with, because the player base is small even as it is. Mp would be just a waste of time, co-op zombie survival can already be experienced in the Full Invasion II and modern fps games are plenty already. There's simply no reason to make mp for this mod.

1. Multiplayer support?
2. What is the money? (Trading System.)
3. How did gather the troops?
4. What is the vehicle drive System?
5. What 's the Bullet fired Sysyem? (Left mouse botton : Fire, Right mouse botton : Aim?)
6. Player or somebody, from the zombie infected?
7. How much will the map size?
8. What is the Siege System?
9. What is the mean "OSP"

Thank you for watch.  :mrgreen:

gamemovie97 said:
1. Multiplayer support?
5. What 's the Bullet fired Sysyem? (Left mouse botton : Fire, Right mouse botton : Aim?)

What a tad-ass.

gamemovie97 said:
1. Multiplayer support?

Most of these questions an be answered by searching on the thread, so I propose we let him do that on his own - except for the last one.

OSP means Open Source Proyect, which to my understanding is something created by one person or team (say, textures, animatons, scenes) for certain Mod which can be used freely by somebody else on another one, with the only condition of giving the creators credit about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom