The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SafeString said:
Pjoft said:
Question: Have you ever thought of PermaDeath, La Grandmaster?
Something that can be turned on and off like how it was in The Last Days for M&B, for both NPCs and the player character. I think that NPCs 'Lords' (Gang Leaders; whatever they are called in The Reckoning) should fall dead from time to time, though not very often. It would be ridiculous, IMO, if I defeat a Confederate general(?) one hundred and fifty times in the game, and he's still mocking around.
Or mayhaps something like an injury system, at least?

Is that even Possible ?

Ya it is, I seen many people make perma death mini mods.

Kwal said:
Oooh that is nice! Battles will be amazing in this mod...

It does make me wonder how you will do the bumping with cars and buses, if it will be lethal and how the vehicle is gonna be affected for instance.
Currently nothing happens, they just hit each other (no damage or anything) and it will most probably stay that way. To code in "crash" effects for the cars would be pretty complicated, and without any visual differences it wouldn't even be that noticeable.

Id like to point out as well the vehicles are really not that important in battles, their main purpose is just to provide a bit of variety. The core mechanics of all battles is "cover" shooting - and I put "cover" in inverted commas because this is mount and blade and their are limits to my coding ability, I have never coded anything outside of M&B.

I also have no intention of putting in perma death, it'd make the game less fun in my opinion.

La Grandmaster said:
Kwal said:
Oooh that is nice! Battles will be amazing in this mod...

It does make me wonder how you will do the bumping with cars and buses, if it will be lethal and how the vehicle is gonna be affected for instance.
Currently nothing happens, they just hit each other (no damage or anything) and it will most probably stay that way. To code in "crash" effects for the cars would be pretty complicated, and without any visual differences it wouldn't even be that noticeable.

Id like to point out as well the vehicles are really not that important in battles, their main purpose is just to provide a bit of variety. The core mechanics of all battles is "cover" shooting - and I put "cover" in inverted commas because this is mount and blade and their are limits to my coding ability, I have never coded anything outside of M&B.

I also have no intention of putting in perma death, it'd make the game less fun in my opinion.

Maybe as a option tho. Some people want to have full blown survival.

Actually, it might be possible to set "fly me to the moon" animation on any agent when a mount -car, in this case- hits (crashes).

La Grandmaster said:

That's cool, a bus filled with angry rednecks is not something I'd like to see every battle :razz:

La Grandmaster said:
I agree with you in the sense that it'd be less fun if you get hit by a stray bullet and then your entire save file is ruined. But I think Brytenwalda did it perfectly, by making it so if you capture a lord/lady, you can accuse them of "high treason" and execute them. There is definitely a place for permakill in it, it will make the game a lot more fun for most, but not so much for those who wish to just run around with no consequences. I understand it'd probably take a lot of coding, but it's certainly something to look at. Perhaps even if you can turn it off and on?

I made a forum account just so I could post here and support the mod. The work is fantastic so far, well done you, and everyone who has contributed so far!

Quick question, you spoke of "cover" and stuff, do NPCs actively seek cover?

You know that permadeath is an option even in regular old warband right? All you have to do to activate it is delete the save when you die.

La Grandmaster said:
New Cover System - Pics

The new cover system in action (still needs a bit of work to it, it can be a bit fiddly at times)

Factions in the pics are The Aryan Brotherhood and The U.S Army, ignore the blue circles on the ground - they are simply there for testing purposes.

The Aryan Brotherhood taking cover
be21.jpg

zpxi.jpg

hyre.jpg

The U.S Army taking cover
9ukw.jpg

pxqn.jpg

wpvb.jpg

I'm This mod fan.
and There is such little question.

When this mod is released?  :grin:
How long does it take you to Mod Completed?
How much Progress is made? ( ~% express plz)

Rokker said:
You know that permadeath is an option even in regular old warband right? All you have to do to activate it is delete the save when you die.
Well, duh...

Are zombies going to be slowly lose 'manpower' and be completely eliminated overtime, as you stated before Grandmaster, or are they going to be a constant threat for as long as the game remains?

gamemovie97 said:
I'm This mod fan.

Jesus christ. So many people ask grandmaster that in the past month. Ill give you a rough idea:

When this mod is released?  Alpha within a few months
How long does it take you to Mod Completed? If you mean final version, it could take a year or more, but it will just be as good with a few patches after first released part.
How much Progress is made? ( ~% express plz) This is probably unanswerable, but In my opinion, I'd say the mod is roughly 80-90 % done, for the alpha. In a full on version its up to Grandmaster.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
gamemovie97 said:
I'm This mod fan.

Jesus christ. So many people ask grandmaster that in the past month. Ill give you a rough idea:

When this mod is released?  Alpha within a few months
How long does it take you to Mod Completed? If you mean final version, it could take a year or more, but it will just be as good with a few patches after first released part.
How much Progress is made? ( ~% express plz) This is probably unanswerable, but In my opinion, I'd say the mod is roughly 80-90 % done, for the alpha. In a full on version its up to Grandmaster.
He pmed me as well, I sent a fitting and accurate reply

dinnerblaster said:
Will Montenegro be included in the game?
Not only will it be included, but it is the main faction. It will be have control over 90% of the map, while the New Confederacy and U.S. Army are simply nuisances and rebels.

:lol: :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom