The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda scary...
0f6Lr.jpg

I find zombies to be no threat, 90% of the time I dont even use like all 14 bullets to kill them all. So I end up just using my viking sword everyone in a while just for fun. Plus there attacks are so slow that like 6 hours in I have never been hit by a zombie a single time in melee, and I never block or even spam really. And I agree that there should be like massive 100 zombie hordes wandering all over, make it 5000x better.
Also the rifle you can choose to start with in character creation is just too good, like I don't need to use anything else but it, its insanely accurate and pretty much just 1 hit kills everything.

Congrats on getting number one mod in moddb La Grandmaster. Hopefully we keep that rating for a while.

P.S. Jusek made an awesome signature. So I stole it from him.

A thing I don't think has been reported. The skybox texture in Bastion Camp was messed up, like it was connected to some other texture sheet, I can't say which cos it was super-stretched, and the screenshot I tried to take didn't work.

I agree with most of the commentaries about hordes of zombies, what would be really cool too is that you have to

Hit the head or it does nothing
That zombies are reactive to noise
and that they try to eat you not punch you, there is a kiss animation why not a blocking and eating animation.

More Xbows and bows and Katanas.

I know a lot of people are saying hordes of zombies but please don't do that. It's not going to go down how they think it is, just look at H.O.T.D the only bad thing ( I can think of) is the fact when you fight zombies there are around 200-300 of them and it's just gets so tedious to the point where you don't want to play because all it takes is one stray hit from the last 10 and then you have to fight all 300 of them again.

As far as headshots only goes, it only sounds good until there are 300 of them, Then you are just swinging away because can't carry anywhere close to 300 and the hit boxs aren't 100% so even if it looks like the swing should hit it doesn't I have swung and sometimes there heads pop sometimes they don't regardless of the angle when I hit them in the head. not to mention the ammo fact (the realism ammo) when you shoo that bullet is gone so if you are unlucky and fight a group and use all you ammo but not get that much cash/item (to sell) to buy new ammo (or at least break even) you are out of luck.

Ill be posting this to moddb as well not to spam but just to increase the chances of you seeing it.

New user here, registered for this mod specifically. I've had my eye on it on Moddb for a while now and was really excited to play the alpha. I'm playing on a Mac and haven't had any problems actually running the game (except for having to fix the invisible text). The problem is I'm getting a lot of missing textures. Character models and set pieces seem to be okay, but the landscape looks like this:

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-03-23%2Bat%2B7.43.15%2BPM.png

Also, the world map looks like this:

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-03-23%2Bat%2B7.43.57%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2015-03-23%2Bat%2B7.44.05%2BPM.png

I've downloaded the mod multiple times from both links and keep getting the same results. If anyone can guess what's going wrong or suggest a fix, that would be awesome. Otherwise I'll just wait for a while as the alpha gets patched up and hope the textures start working in a later update. Really cool concept for a mod, though, with a lot of promise!

LTDragoonIII said:
I know a lot of people are saying hordes of zombies but please don't do that. It's not going to go down how they think it is, just look at H.O.T.D the only bad thing ( I can think of) is the fact when you fight zombies there are around 200-300 of them and it's just gets so tedious to the point where you don't want to play because all it takes is one stray hit from the last 10 and then you have to fight all 300 of them again.

As far as headshots only goes, it only sounds good until there are 300 of them, Then you are just swinging away because can't carry anywhere close to 300 and the hit boxs aren't 100% so even if it looks like the swing should hit it doesn't I have swung and sometimes there heads pop sometimes they don't regardless of the angle when I hit them in the head. not to mention the ammo fact (the realism ammo) when you shoo that bullet is gone so if you are unlucky and fight a group and use all you ammo but not get that much cash/item (to sell) to buy new ammo (or at least break even) you are out of luck.

See i agree on the headshot thing, and i agree there cannot be like 20 groups of 300 zombies everywhere but maybe have them be like, random event spawns like in Phantasy Calradia, because that mod has more zombies D:

I think having small hordes of 20-80 being very regular and every once and a while a horde of like 200-300 to like bust armies would be cool, because it just feels to me like, zombies kinda just are around but humans are fine like always.

ALECOS said:
LTDragoonIII said:

See i agree on the headshot thing, and i agree there cannot be like 20 groups of 300 zombies everywhere but maybe have them be like, random event spawns like in Phantasy Calradia, because that mod has more zombies D:

I think having small hordes of 20-80 being very regular and every once and a while a horde of like 200-300 to like bust armies would be cool, because it just feels to me like, zombies kinda just are around but humans are fine like always.

i do agree on this ! they should add a zombie horde like 100-300 but it will be very rare

**** this mod needs:

buyable bandoliers
car collision meshes

also, anyone else noticed that all the recruits you get from cities in exchange for resources are U.S Army soldiers?
i tried starting my own neo nazi army but i ended up with Murican soldiers

ThatOneSwadianDude said:
i tried starting my own neo nazi army but i ended up with Murican soldiers
Yeah that's annoying.

Also what are the back-story of the factions?
We know the US army is fighting to reclaim Calradia for the government.
But what about the confederacy?
Are they Neo slavers?

I'd love to have more info on the back story of this mod.

Also why does Calradia is a US state?

I think it's not that he was too lazy to make a new map, but just didn't want to relate it to one certain area in real life, it's just a generic northeast coastal area

I love the music in this mod, it's so relaxing to blast zombie brains while the main theme plays in the background. Also, those tracks you can choose in camp menu are nice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom