The Reason for Our Latest Big Wait

What are TaleWorlds up to

• Preparing and testing a major update

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Yet more tweaking and minor bug fixing due to unforeseen problems

Votes: 53 36.8%
  • Fiddling around with the new bow sights as they spoke about in the last dev blog update

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Sitting naked in a Turkish sauna, smoking strong shisha

Votes: 38 26.4%
  • It's all a scam - they're actually on a beach in a tropical tax haven

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Everyday on Steam Database, you can see all the testing that is apparently happening..... but it has been ages since we had a meaningful update of any substance so, what do you guys think TW are actually doing?

I'm thinking a major content patch that's gonna have a bewildering array of very obvious but only somewhat annoying bugs that we're all going to be aghast at.

Meanwhile, TW is gonna thanking God they didn't ship the test build where every single town hits 0 Prosperity in 168 days.

Probably everything that was showed off in the newest dev video which to me is good enough I am actually rather excited for them

The devs seem weirdly confident. It truly feels like they know alot more then uss (Yeah I know, I know. Ofcourse they do :grin:) but it feels like they have a couple of really big things hidden and coming.

As long time programmer that has gotten into modding Bannerlord lately, if their limitations with automated testing is anything close to the outright impossibility of testing that mods have, I imagine that their deployment/releases are nightmarish to say the least which would prevent them from ever commiting to a release window or cadence.

Also, after playing around with the Dialog and Quest system I have come to understand why roleplaying content is so sparse in the game...

A lot of the engine stuff seems top notch, but the Campaign System was clearly not worked by their top people.

Back
Top Bottom