The real problem with ranged weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Look Maroon. Learn to take criticism and understand that not everyone has to always agree with you. And I speak about things about this game's mod you guys have made because I like the mod.

So please, don't go deleting the thread just because you personally don't like me.

But it's not the whole "Bow vs Crossbow vs Gun" thing I talked about before.

I was playing the mod and just messing around on it, when I noticed something that was kind of dumb after I went and looked at it again.

Why are there so many versions of certain ranged weapons?

The worst case of this was the Nestorian Rifleman class for the Arcane Empire, who has 7, I repeat 7 Nestorian Rifes.

Here's a screenshot of them.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/793115839899293775/752AFEF413AD142DA39DE4DE5A1DABE7575500A4/

And the problem is that they're mostly all the same.

I mean, I could understand having that many different looking versions of the weapons, if this was a more single player focused mod, but it's not. It's mainly a multiplayer mod.

I just think that there's no need for so many ascetic versions of weapons in a mod where there's usually no time to sit and look at your weapons and such.

I think what would just be more efficient would be to simply have single types of weapons, for example, such as having a crossbowman class just have a single Light Crossbow, Crossbow, and Siege Crossbow.

With guns, it could be as simple as having a light or "Carbine" version that can be reloaded faster, but doesn't hit nearly as hard. Then you could just have X Rifle, as the medium gun, and a X Heavy Rifle as the heavy option with higher damage output, but considerably slower reload speed.

The class would have all their bases covered with a good light, medium, and heavy option for their ranged weapons, without the options becoming bloated by weapons that simply look different.

And the reason that I don't mention melee weapons is because there's a LOT more room with weapon lengths and such to be factored in.

Of all those 7 guns, each one has a difference in reload speed, damage and (possibly)accuracy, this also counts for other ranged weapons

Which is exactly the same argument for melee weapons then  :roll:

chubbyninja89 said:
Look Maroon. Learn to take criticism and understand that not everyone has to always agree with you.
I have had a bunch of discussions with Maroon already regarding his work at FI2 and he (as well as Borridian) are always listening and taking criticism. Telling him/them that he/they should 'learn to take criticism' is some big talk, especially when they come from a person who is not able to see the constructive answers they gave and still complains about them not immediately working in his suggestions into the mod.
chubbyninja89 said:
So please, don't go deleting the thread just because you personally don't like me.
This here is a public forum. Some moderators might delete it when you don't behave here though.

ZeroFighterR said:
Of all those 7 guns, each one has a difference in reload speed, damage and (possibly)accuracy, this also counts for other ranged weapons

Which is exactly the same argument for melee weapons then  :roll:

Well dude, with melee weapons, at least they have things like different weapon lengths and a wider variety to them.

So it's not quite the same as all the different types of melee weapons.

A Light, Medium, Heavy type of thing for the ranged weapons would probably work out far better and more effectively.

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
chubbyninja89 said:
Look Maroon. Learn to take criticism and understand that not everyone has to always agree with you.
I have had a bunch of discussions with Maroon already regarding his work at FI2 and he (as well as Borridian) are always listening and taking criticism. Telling him/them that he/they should 'learn to take criticism' is some big talk, especially when they come from a person who is not able to see the constructive answers they gave and still complains about them not immediately working in his suggestions into the mod.
chubbyninja89 said:
This here is a public forum. Some moderators might delete it when you don't behave here though.

Well, I told him that because I previously posted a thread talking about maps, and he just flat out deleted it for no reason.

So yeah, I felt that asking him to not delete something just because he may not like the person who's posting it was a fair thing to do.

And my map thread wasn't really me "misbehaving" or anything. I simply talking about both the good and bad of the maps and making a suggestion with something that could be done with future maps, by using screenshots I took from a modded Fire & Sword server. That's it.

And maybe I'll post a thread talking about maps if you'd want to discuss it there. Because that's a different discussion topic.

But what are your thoughts on the ranged weapons and what I pointed out about them?

Back
Top Bottom