The Port: Main Thread and Download Link: Work Stopped

I am going to make factional quests, which faction/s do you think I should start on?

• Tribe of Snakes

Votes: 64 22.1%
  • Elgante Empire

Votes: 144 49.7%
  • Karkan Tribe

Votes: 27 9.3%
  • The Rebels

Votes: 89 30.7%
  • Arlen Tribe

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • Arlen Barony

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • The Lundmen

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Focus instead on general quests

Votes: 42 14.5%
  • Focus instead on group quests (such as tribehunters, marauders)

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Volsunga said:
Im sorry but doesnt seem much inspiration in the aztecs or toltecs or zapotecs or tlaxcaltecs, etc, etc

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/34686503.png/

Do you think that in the future the soldiers snakes can dress like this?: (just an example)

tlaxcaltecas.jpg
aztecas_warrior_06.jpg
DO IT!

The main reason the Tribe of Snakes don't have Aztec style armour is because I haven't been able to do them justice, or find any OSP packs on the subject.
While I have made some armours for the faction in the version coming up, its still, unfortunately, a bit sparse.
Even so, I don't want the Tribe of Snakes to look just like Aztecs or Mayans, but rather, a combination of various civilisations of South and Central America, and whatever I might imagine. My profile picture is a drawing of what I picture to be a standard fighter.

As for multi-player bots not spawning with guns, that's been fixed in the next version

Also, In case anyone was wondering, I am thinking of releasing a version very soon (in the next week), it doesn't have everything I wanted yet, but its been so long and its best to get a stable version for 1.153 out as well. After I release this version, hopefully you guys can help me out with anything you want to suggest, its been a while since it has seen a public release after all.

Regards

Volsunga said:
You have offered your sword to Joe? His enemies are your enemies? He give you the right to use weapons in his name?
I guess so
SaeianeKveldulfr said:
It's beautiful. Thanks for this great addition to the mod community.
:grin:
:smile:

New version still coming up, any bugs anyone can think of that I never fixed?

uzgobdamighty23 said:
how can one kill lords??
Talk to them from your party screen under prisoners. In there, there should be a dialogue option along the lines of executing them. I think factional lords might bug out and not have the option though.

Volsunga said:
I just conquer the peninsula of Ver. (The Kalaripayat Kingdom will expel the colonialist)

¿Could I play that new version with my saved game?
What version do you have currently? 0.7, 0.8 (Anniversary)?
As a general rule of thumb, new versions are not save game compatible. The hotfix for 0.8 is save game compatible with 0.8 but not 0.7.
The current working version I have is far from being compatible with 0.8, as in most cases even adding a single item is enough to break it.
I'd suggest you keep a copy of the version you have now, and install a newer version under a different name. That way you can always go back to your old save game and relive the glory, but still use the newest features.

If you do have the latest version, how did you like the siege of the Fort at the entrance to the peninsula? It was a pretty cool scene if I recall correctly.

Why do you people insist on using those animations? An otherwise great mod spoiled by looters twirling sticks around like ninjas. It looks ridiculous, makes fighting confusing, and cripples the ability to lance-stab other horsemen.

e27 said:
Why do you people insist on using those animations? An otherwise great mod spoiled by looters twirling sticks around like ninjas. It looks ridiculous, makes fighting confusing, and cripples the ability to lance-stab other horsemen.
I think its ok, it just takes a while to get used to. I had difficulties getting used to the regular M&B blocking and attacking system. Its not that different.

YourStepDad said:
the release has been impending for a while now Joe, how come :razz:
Epicrules said:
Maybe the new release is scared. Other people's hard drives are scary places, you know.
I'm very sorry everyone for the lack of contact and updates :sad:
When I started this mod I always thought I would find the time to keep working on it, and for a while that was mostly the case, but as we near the three year mark since I began this endeavour it is becoming increasingly clear to me that I don't know if I can. University is an important time waster, but for the most part I find myself having too many projects I'm having to work on at once.

It's fantastic to make art for games for most of my day; but it saddens me to think of this old mod sitting here unattended, particularly after I promised all of you, and myself that I would send out another release. If it were not for this mod I wouldn't even be doing my degree today, because it made me pick up some lifetime hobbies, but I think fondly back on the community here on the whole forum and I still can't believe that this mod gained all of your support in the first place.

I plan to release what I have done since the last release, as a final polish sort of thing. I'll keep the subforum up, to maintain contact and patch support, and in case I do keep working on it, but I don't currently plan on releasing another version after this one. What I do plan on doing however, is porting the mod to Bannerlord and perhaps starting it anew there, which I really look forward to.

e27 said:
:lol: Don't worry, I agree with you in some ways. I laugh to myself when I see tribesmen flourish their polearms about their heads as well, but some animations are universally appropriate, such as the bow. That said you can easily remove them by copying the actions.txt from your native module and overwriting the New Elgante actions.txt, it was always planned to be something you can opt out of, but I never got around to making a sticky about it.
It is fine when you get used to it, for a while there I grew so accustomed to it that I got confused by native animations. But I never felt it was perfect for the mod, just a nice change.

Regards to Everyone

Crossbow Joe said:
:lol: Don't worry, I agree with you in some ways. I laugh to myself when I see tribesmen flourish their polearms about their heads as well, but some animations are universally appropriate, such as the bow. That said you can easily remove them by copying the actions.txt from your native module and overwriting the New Elgante actions.txt, it was always planned to be something you can opt out of, but I never got around to making a sticky about it.
It is fine when you get used to it, for a while there I grew so accustomed to it that I got confused by native animations. But I never felt it was perfect for the mod, just a nice change.

Thank you so much, now I can enjoy this mod without the archers reminding me of cRPG

Back
Top Bottom