The Political Compass

Users who are viewing this thread

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

Woot!

Figures there's a lot of pinko commie bastards on this board.

Why?

I think the questions are biased and written from a right-wing perspective. To get 0/0 ('center') you have to already be on the right.

They're not biased towards a right wing perspective - many of the statements are intentionally biased one way or the other (not just to the right). The test is gauging your reaction to them to determine your position. Besides, they're British, so they're more likely to be left of center.

Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

I think that quiz IS biased. It's statement about left-wing economy shows only the bright side of that way.

For example I miss statement like "It's neccessary to secede high life standard for the sake of people's equality."

Lu Bu:
Economic Left/Right: -6.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

Aryndil:
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Where are the "I don't care either way", or "I think a sensible comprimise is best".
This "test" is just a fairly pointless piece of pap.
They might as well have had "Stalin was great! - Agree, disagree" or "Democracy is evil! - Agree, disagree".

PrinceScamp said:
Lu Bu:
Economic Left/Right: -6.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

You took the test inplace of me?
Sadly I dont think that the result reflects me at all, but I dont even understand the meaning of the numbers! *laughs*

Wood said:
Where are the "I don't care either way", or "I think a sensible comprimise is best".
This "test" is just a fairly pointless piece of pap.
They might as well have had "Stalin was great! - Agree, disagree" or "Democracy is evil! - Agree, disagree".

Yeah, I couldn't find the "everyone does what I say or I'll execute the buggers" answer either.

The Inquisition asks "where's the Necromancer?"

Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.18
****, there is NO WAY I AM EVEN THE SLIGHTEST in leftism. But I DID mistunderstand some of the questions. I am very centrist, but the Authoritarian slightness seems like me.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

Hmm...kinda what I figured...didn't need a graph to tell me that.

I think the questions must be biased towards left, like someone-whose-name-I-don't-feel-like-looking-at-right-now said. Sorry, but it's the one thing I am in denial about - I refuse to believe I am left. If I were to anything it would be right, but I am sure I would be centrist anyways...
Probably because I "strongly disagreed" with the abortion bull****. Or something.

I pity the fool...

...who doesn't read what [b]FAQ #1[/b] said:
Some of the questions are slanted

Most of them are slanted ! Some right-wingers accuse us of a leftward slant. Some left-wingers accuse us of a rightward slant. But it's important to realise that this isn't a survey, and these aren't questions. They're propositions - an altogether different proposition. To question the logic of individual ones that irritate you is to miss the point. Some propositions are extreme, and some are more moderate. That's how we can show you whether you lean towards extremism or moderation on the Compass.

Some of the propositions are intentionally vague. Their purpose is to trigger buzzwords in the mind of the user, measuring feelings and prejudices rather than detailed opinions on policy.

Incidentally, our test is not another internet personality classification tool. The essence of our site is the model for political analysis. The test is simply a demonstration of it.

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/faq.php#slanted

Back
Top Bottom