The Political Compass

Users who are viewing this thread

Instag0

Sergeant Knight at Arms
The Political Compass is a series of propositions in which you're asked to choose the response that best describes your feeling: Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Agree or Strongly Agree. At the end, you will be given a score similar to my test results listed below. So have at it then- be sure to post your results. For fun comparison and possible discussion :smile:.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

I score near Gandhi, Nelson Mandella, and the Dalai Lama.

Ooh, I took this a while ago. No, wait - this one is actually different. In the last one, though, I think I sat on Putin's chin (or up his nose).

"Marijuana should be legalised"
...woah, that's rather too open-ended for me.

edit - I quit on page four. These questions are far too vague for me to answer "correctly".

"Our civil liberties are being excessively curbed in the name of counter-terrorism" - seems to be more a statement of fact, than an inquiry: "do you believe that it is worth the sacrifice of these liberties to be "free" from terrorism?"

"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system" - of course, if there were only one party in a state or election, things would be resolved with much greater rapidity... but can you really hold that as an advantage? Does a single-party state hold any advantages over a plural-party state at all?

It's hard to understand what the questions actually are, sometimes.

I remember the first time I took it, I scored further lower left than ghandi. Last few times I've taken it though, I am almost dead center everytime. My friend, who claims to be "uber conservative" landed 1 square removed from Stalin. I though it was funny anyway.

soup_alex said:
"Our civil liberties are being excessively curbed in the name of counter-terrorism" - seems to be more a statement of fact

It is SUPPOSED to be a statement :lol:

Just answer what you would feel if someone told you that. Would you want to prove the guy wrong or would you wholeheartedly agree with him.

Nice test though. My score is:

Economic Left/Right: 6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.49

No one touches the free market goddamit!

Hmm no surprise here... I got liberalism both social and economic (2 something and -5).

And I suspect I got only 2 on the economic axis because some questions were massmedia and culture based (as I hate mainstream culture).

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

unfortunately for the occupants of the holy empire of the ever clueless'my opinions change when i'm actually in command

Back
Top Bottom