The Players Of Every Individual Gamemode Want Completely Different Balance, And It’s Creating Confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

TDM
-Two handed weapons are extremely good and usable in mass due to larger numbers playing at once and their cheaper availability. This leads to empire and Menavlion doing extremely well quite often. Crush through EXTREMELY annoying to deal with due to 1v2s and 1v3s happening all the time. You are not consistently around your teammates due to having no control over where you spawn and where they spawn and therefore you will be fighting multiple people on your own all the time. The coming weapon speed changes will help hopefully.
-The relative chaos due to random spawns and larger maps leads to individual cav players doing abnormally well. Players on TDM have been complaining about cavalry since 2011 Warband Alpha so no surprise there.
- Archers neither underpowered or overpowered due to a large amount of targets to shoot at but also no consistency in places to set up. Even if you think you are safe someone can just spawn behind you and one hit you with a bonk stick

Skirmish
- 6v6 means Twohanders have a much harder time staying alive for any meaningful time. When someone on the enemy team is identified as a squishy class, he is focused down before he can do any damage. The best option for the Twohanders is to stay out of sight lines as much as possible and essentially bait his team. The shield really helps but this is still an underused class just due to its nature and the nature of skirmish. Not necessarily anything wrong with that since it’s getting plenty of play in other modes. Crush through still annoying to deal with she random queuing as opposed to clan matches.
-Individual cav players can still be very hard carries, but the focus on flags and smaller maps mean that infantry can be much better at area denial. Cav form the bulk of pubstomping but abundant counterplay is now available in higher level matches. Bumping could be tweaked but it’s still to early in the patches life to definitively say how.
-Archery borderline overpowered due to the ability to shoot around shields with extreme ease. Most of the hardest carries in NABB were archers and I do not expect that to change. As I’ve said before, the solution is to distribute larger shields with more consistent hitboxes rather than make Archery more unfun or RNG based to play.

Captain
-Mass Two Handers the meta due to their higher numbers just bodyblocking cav charges and archers AI being broken. Even before 1.5 archers and skirmishers did not do enough to kill Twohanders from ranged and the blob became meta to my understanding.
- Cavalry pretty weak due to the blob just stopping and eating horses for lunch. Only good against spread out teams or teams who are unaware of the meta.
-Archers currently broken due to the new firing parameters. Not a balance issue but just a simple bug to be fixed.

Battania
-The strongest skirmish faction with the highest win rates in both BEAST and NABB. Amazing archers and the most flexible inf, along with cost effective light cav lead to a faction with a high skill ceiling and manageable downsides.
-The weakest captain faction due to flexibility in inf and comparatively good archers not being valued as much in this mode. More a problem with the meta being so Twohander oriented than anything wrong the Battania itself as far as I can understand. If heavy and medium infantry became more viable in Captain this would surely change. It certainly seems like the number of troops per party for Two Handers may be higher than it should be. The blob meta is unfun to watch and uninteresting to play in.

In conclusion, just split the hecking balances. When players from different gamemodes are requesting completely different changes, fixing one game mode will just break the other.

Different stats for different gamemodes? Is that possible?
Well it's possible if TW decides to make it possible.
If TW decides to keep doing the same changes for all game modes then we'll have one mod for each game modes when tools are available (unless custom servers can tweak stats), which is really unfortunate because I am pretty sure some people enjoy playing different game modes

The class system allows seamless transfer across gamemodes. I would prefer it if they were not balanced differently. The alternative would be too difficult for me to understand, as I require all information to be spoon-fed.

Idk if its easier to program you could give like 2h dmg and archer speed multipliers in commander...

Last edited:
The class system allows seamless transfer across gamemodes. I would prefer it if they were not balanced differently. The alternative would be too difficult for me to understand, as I require all information to be spoon-fed.
It's really a shame TW really thinks it's this way

@EbdanianAdmiral I want to add to the skirmish part that Cavalry is additionally more OP now because of the nerf of throwables and partially because of nerfed archery. I want to focus on discussing throwables since I am alot more adapted to that playstyle but the recent patch has completely changed parts of my playstyle where as before I would try to wear down the enemy with throwables especially cavalry, I no longer have the ability to reliably hit my targets and therefore have begun to enter skirmish rounds without ranged weapons which has directly lead to me being consistantly ****ed by cav and gangs of hoes. I think that throwables should be reverted or atleast have their accuracy increased by atleast 50%. It takes too long to prepare an accurate shot and in intense scenarios for example cavalry is rushing spawn to cause damage early on in the round, it is extremely difficult to get an accurate throw off in time to save myself in a situation that may on last a second or 2 where my throw used to have a good chance of hitting the enemy rider or a vital part of the horse, it now goes to the side and either hits the flank of the horse for little damage or goes completely wide of the target. In short throwables need to be fixed, their current adaptation makes them next to useless and this needs to be rebalanced.

@EbdanianAdmiral I want to add to the skirmish part that Cavalry is additionally more OP now because of the nerf of throwables and partially because of nerfed archery. I want to focus on discussing throwables since I am alot more adapted to that playstyle but the recent patch has completely changed parts of my playstyle where as before I would try to wear down the enemy with throwables especially cavalry, I no longer have the ability to reliably hit my targets and therefore have begun to enter skirmish rounds without ranged weapons which has directly lead to me being consistantly ****ed by cav and gangs of hoes. I think that throwables should be reverted or atleast have their accuracy increased by atleast 50%. It takes too long to prepare an accurate shot and in intense scenarios for example cavalry is rushing spawn to cause damage early on in the round, it is extremely difficult to get an accurate throw off in time to save myself in a situation that may on last a second or 2 where my throw used to have a good chance of hitting the enemy rider or a vital part of the horse, it now goes to the side and either hits the flank of the horse for little damage or goes completely wide of the target. In short throwables need to be fixed, their current adaptation makes them next to useless and this needs to be rebalanced.
They wanted to fix the usage of throwing in close range fights. Now throwables are only usable in close range fights because you cannot hit archers or cav anymore.

Back
Top Bottom