SP Modern Oriental The Perennial Nuisance (away for a month - p. 53. New hats p.52)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... but you're still clubbing with the barrel, which makes little sense. You can't really miss out clubbing either... troops didn't just stand and poke with bayonets you know :razz:

Clubbed muskets - make a polearm, blunt damage, with the musket model turned 180 degrees.  Equip troops with 1xranged musket, 1xbayonet musket, 1xclubbed musket, 1xcartridge pouch.  Or, half the troops with a clubbed- and half with a bayonetted musket.  Just my two guineas worth...

Was what I was going to suggest :smile: but complex? can AI handle?

Dain Ironfoot said:
Yes... but you're still clubbing with the barrel, which makes little sense. You can't really miss out clubbing either... troops didn't just stand and poke with bayonets you know :razz:

Clubbed muskets - make a polearm, blunt damage, with the musket model turned 180 degrees.  Equip troops with 1xranged musket, 1xbayonet musket, 1xclubbed musket, 1xcartridge pouch.   Or, half the troops with a clubbed- and half with a bayonetted musket.   Just my two guineas worth...

Was what I was going to suggest :smile: but complex? can AI handle?
you would have room only for 1 other weapon

Turin said:
you would have room only for 1 other weapon

No you wouldn't, the firing musket requires ammunition.
Dain Ironfoot said:
:???:

I sense a banstick coming your way...

Here are the skinned Shakos. I haven't smoothed the hair yet.

shakos.jpg

He he, thats awesome. Also how is the rigging coming along? Raptor said you had like the elbows and knees all mixed up.

Amman de Stazia said:
Chudolf makes a good point - can it be done that troops flee after a certain event?  Especially if you kill an enemy commander-type.  In last days, you get extra influence if you kill an enemy lieutenant or captain.  Maybe if you have similar 'commander' types, then killing them in battle would trigger some poor enemy troops into fleeing?  Or surrendering (= dropping unconscious, I know)

I'm not convinced it can, i'll have to check but to be honest I would be surprised if you could, do you mean on like the world map or actually in battle? I'm sure it would be impossible in battle, It might well be possible on the map though.

ArabArcher35 said:

What an amazing team you and Dain make  :wink:

Everone, follow Amman's idea and ignore juggles.

Oh and Dain, minor point, its a ban hammer, not stick. Sounds much more impressive :grin:

OK, once the rigging of Dain's uniforms has been sorted and henderson has finished texturing the muskets and I have polished up a bit of what I have been doing, I am going to release a beta. ATM it will essentially be eye candy, just with a new map, new items, new troop tree's and troops, there will be no new faction towns or anything of that kidney. This release will be esentially the basis from which we proceed with the more ambitious tasks like the modification of the town capture script, uniform reforms new factions and towns etc.

OK, who can play the beta, I am making a list here,

-First of all Tomato is going to have first crack at it and do an article on it for his podcast
-Anyone who has contributed to this mod (including Yoshi and Winter who have given me a bit of advice)
-Experienced modders (no ofence noobs but this is really to see bugs rather than to play)
-People I like.
-People that really think I have overlooked them may PM me and i'll consider.

Probably a couple of weeks after that i'll release it to the public and y'all can play on that while we're working on the next beta.

-First of all Tomato is going to have first crack at it and do an article on it for his podcast
-Anyone who has contributed to this mod (including Yoshi and Winter who have given me a bit of advice)
-Experienced modders (1.no ofence noobs but this is really to see bugs rather than to play)
2.People I like.

[/quote]

1. I agree, most people just play and dont bother, i've personally beta tested Bfpirates Mod for bf1942 and Insurrection 1776 for BFVietnam, some people play and play and they dont help at all.

2. I think this is more of a personal thing.

I've done a beta test with Fisheyes castle thingy, i've written an article about it on the thread if anyone doubts my beta testing capabilities. :grin: Thanks for letting me beta test!

chudolf said:
Let us taste this mod!
We want it !!
as a voice of people i say: Give us the mod:smile:
Mr. Chudolf you're right i got very very big taste of thos pictures what your team are showed and you too :grin:
And people say too:Give us the mod quickly :smile:

Ealdormann Hussey said:
OK, once the rigging of Dain's uniforms has been sorted and henderson has finished texturing the muskets and I have polished up a bit of what I have been doing, I am going to release a beta. ATM it will essentially be eye candy, just with a new map, new items, new troop tree's and troops, there will be no new faction towns or anything of that kidney. This release will be esentially the basis from which we proceed with the more ambitious tasks like the modification of the town capture script, uniform reforms new factions and towns etc.

-Experienced modders (no ofence noobs but this is really to see bugs rather than to play)
-People I like.
-People that really think I have overlooked them may PM me and i'll consider.

Probably a couple of weeks after that i'll release it to the public and y'all can play on that while we're working on the next beta.

I'll be happy to test if i can find the time :smile:

Yoshiboy said:
I'll be happy to test if i can find the time :smile:

Awesome

ArabArcher35 said:
I can test it  :mrgreen: I contributed, so, that's another point of probability.

Course you can test it you muppet.
chudolf said:
Let us taste this mod!
We want it !!
as a voice of people i say: Give us the mod:smile:

You'll get it exactly one week after the testers.

Tomato said:
I've done a beta test with Fisheyes castle thingy, i've written an article about it on the thread if anyone doubts my beta testing capabilities. :grin: Thanks for letting me beta test!

No problem

Henderson said:

-Experienced modders (1.no ofence noobs but this is really to see bugs rather than to play)
2.People I like.

1. I agree, most people just play and dont bother, i've personally beta tested Bfpirates Mod for bf1942 and Insurrection 1776 for BFVietnam, some people play and play and they dont help at all.

2. I think this is more of a personal thing.

[/quote]

2 is basically for people who have helped me in the past, i.e. Janus, Maw

As for Bayonets:

Bayonets have caused less than 1% of all wounds, in all wars. With the introduction of Firearms and artillery those have accounted for the most wounds, even swords were'nt used as weapons much, as they were more of a symbol of rank and status. Unless of course they were being used by cavalry, but still Infantry and artillery were the biggest producers of casualties, as they still are.

As for Bayonets:
If you stuck in the middle of the battle with no ammo and lots of foes around, please call me and repeat this "Bayonets-are-useless" thing:smile: That *will* be funny. Maybe.:smile:

I dunno, the infantry at the time usually used bayonets to finish off an enemy and to make them rout, and that's where the most casualties are taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom