SP Modern Oriental The Perennial Nuisance (away for a month - p. 53. New hats p.52)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snori said:
Hussey, i do feel that you forgot to use the resource files, cause there is a seperate backgrounds for the party screen, the mission screen and the meeting event. And btw what was that minor  adjustment you`ve mentioned?

Yes I found them, I just didn't have time to take screenies of all. The minor adjustment is in the character screen, The arch that the character attributes is in, Its got funny black pixels poking out above the top of the arch. If that makes no sense I will post a picture.

Reaper said:
Well I've just put together 2 bullet models since the ones from waterloo look pathetic

I used 2 the .58 caliber ball and the .577 caliber minie, I don't know when the Brits started using the Minie or if they ever did, but the Confederate Army used them in their Enfields. 2 ringer minie is shown, Union used 3 ringer, Confederacy used both.  The minie is what we find the most around here (fredericksburg, VA), I've also been lucky enough to find grapeshot and lotsa shell fragments, among some buckles and Cavalry Spurs, they pulled 150 cannon balls out of the Sunken Road when they paved it, last year they ripped up all the asphalt and made it a dirt road again, and yes the original Stonewall is still there.

The british army didn't use projectiles, only round ball, and the calibre of a brown bess is .75 rather than .58. I have a 2 band enfield :grin: Its my pride and joy. I think we should do something like craftmod, like if you have a barrel of powder, a handful of balls and a wad of newsprint you can turn them into ready to use cartridges.

Yes Hussey, they are very well. If there is also a difference in that sword, I'll edit it just like the other one.

I'll send you the new light cavalry sabre along with the heavy when it is done. Cheers :smile:

off topic:

Took a break today.

Went to the Rappahanock river to watch  some friends of mine kayaking.

Ok, I've been doing a bir of thinking and studying an old map, and think these towns would be suitable for
The East India Company:
Madras
Bengal
Bombay
Pondicherry
New Delhi
Fort St. David

Maratha Confederacy:
Hyderabad
Nagpur
Gawilghur
Ajmir
Anrungabad
Barada
Surat

Mysore:

Seringapatam
Mysore
Bangalore
Kolar
Hassam

And I think for the Kings army I will majoritally give them campaign camps.

very good!  I might make two suggested changes?

Pondicherry was a french colony, Goa (you don't mention it?) was Portuguese, and Goa in particular was a rich recruiting ground for the Mahrattas looking for European mercenaries.  Maybe have them as 'Zendar'-style neutral towns where you can recruit eg Sepoy deserters, Arab wanderers, European colonists?  I'd like that, even if no-one else would....

That heavy sabre - looks good.

Ammunition pack - good idea.  ++++
Perhaps, with two levels?  One cheap basic version, which is ready-made cartridges (The Kings Army used cartouches of 40 rounds, Light Infantry had 60 rounds) and they are NON renewable, like the original flintlock ammo.  The more expensive version would be a shot-casting kit, powderhorn, and waxed papers, which would have less rounds, but would regenerate as arrows and bolts do.

Amman d' Stazia said:
very good!  I might make two suggested changes?

Pondicherry was a french colony, Goa (you don't mention it?) was Portuguese, and Goa in particular was a rich recruiting ground for the Mahrattas looking for European mercenaries.  Maybe have them as 'Zendar'-style neutral towns where you can recruit eg Sepoy deserters, Arab wanderers, European colonists?  I'd like that, even if no-one else would....

That heavy sabre - looks good.

Ammunition pack - good idea.  ++++
Perhaps, with two levels?  One cheap basic version, which is ready-made cartridges (The Kings Army used cartouches of 40 rounds, Light Infantry had 60 rounds) and they are NON renewable, like the original flintlock ammo.  The more expensive version would be a shot-casting kit, powderhorn, and waxed papers, which would have less rounds, but would regenerate as arrows and bolts do.

Pondicherry was taken by the British in the late 1780's I read.

I think Goa would be great for Zendar though, and the mercenary idea sounds cool. Also I just found out about the east india companies swiss regiment, the de mueron regiment and think they should be put in too.

Thats probably quite a good idea with the ammunition.

jlgx50 said:
somebody end the madness :cry:

What the hell?

Last time I went kyaking was on Loch tay, in february, and we spent half an hour using our paddles to break the ice before we launched.

Is it possible - I grasp here at a straw of relevance - to introduce weather effects?  Monsoons were a feature of campaigns, after all.

MAYBE
you could script in something that would occur every 60(?) game days, that would introduce movement penalties and firearm penalties (morale would be optional, as the same weather applies to everyone and M&B morale system is .... modest) and maybe you would need twice as much food?
then after the 75th(?) game day these alterations would be removed, and the 60-day cycle would begin again.

The game might start half-way through a cycle by randomly selecting a number 1-30 as the start-day.

But I am not sure if applying movement and firearm penalties is possible, and if it can be triggered by day numbers.

Snori said:
Reaper, is this an inventory icon? I think, maybe you can make not bullets but sort of "gunman kit"that containins shots, powder, ramrod and so on. AFIAK, flintlock firearms have no use in bullets without all that stuff.

In a brown bess there is a steel ramrod stored under the barrel like most muzzleloaders.

Amman d' Stazia said:
MAYBE
you could script in something that would occur every 60(?) game days, that would introduce movement penalties and firearm penalties (morale would be optional, as the same weather applies to everyone and M&B morale system is .... modest) and maybe you would need twice as much food?
then after the 75th(?) game day these alterations would be removed, and the 60-day cycle would begin again.

The game might start half-way through a cycle by randomly selecting a number 1-30 as the start-day.

But I am not sure if applying movement and firearm penalties is possible, and if it can be triggered by day numbers.

I'll chat with reaper about it, it seems like a feasible idea though.

The bloody ulcer?

What I need most now by the way is pictures of indian building, amman or anyone if you can help me here I would be most grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom