MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'm no froggy lover, but those French uniforms ... Well, I guess the French were only good at looking good ! I agree with Frisian though, the pants are a bit white. However, there were some quite interesting animations there. I don't play first person, but I thought a lot of them seemed brand new. Is that the case ? Also, you didn't seem to be dealing much damage to the French, and vice versa, is that normal.

In any case, that was a very epic battle, good music choice, and this seems to be getting along nicely. I'm interested in seeing how we'll be able to use cannons,.

Oh, and BTW: Those drummers look neat !

Great Caesar's toast, that's a gorgeous vid. I love the coup de grace at 2:50, and the line infantry melee with muskets swinging everywhichaway was simply a joy to behold.

And I don't think you need to worry about the eventual reception of your mod: there are enough grognards and history buffs on here to appreciate the amount of research and hard work that has gone into putting TPW together. So keep fighting the good fight, secure in the knowledge that you're preparing a mod of masterful scope and depth.

Haha, that moment felt a lot cooler than it looks :razz: I got knocked down, rolled under the horse, stood up and shot him with a pistol.

Man, I'm no froggy lover, but those French uniforms ... Well, I guess the French were only good at looking good ! I agree with Frisian though, the pants are a bit white. However, there were some quite interesting animations there. I don't play first person, but I thought a lot of them seemed brand new. Is that the case ? Also, you didn't seem to be dealing much damage to the French, and vice versa, is that normal.

Yes, I've hacked about the animations, there are lots of new 1 handed animations + there is some punching going on there.. true new animations may well be forthcoming as well. Hopefully

Well I was trying to parry the french attacks, and a lot of my sword strokes were blocked/were punches (we're still sorting out that system) and I was also not getting in proper strokes a lot of the time due to a little slowdown and being constantly attacked by the french. And I was on 1/4 damage.

The sheer variety and complexity of French uniforms is absolutely mind boggling.

No worries Dain. I was just having fun with him, in case you just sort of subconsciously saw me badmouthing this. He's only 13, so I don't want to make the poor guy cry. His mod won't be released, anyway. The crowds are fickle idiots who'll leave you, then slither back and download your mod when you've quietly finished it in the dark. Don't do it for them, mate.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Haha, that moment felt a lot cooler than it looks :razz: I got knocked down, rolled under the horse, stood up and shot him with a pistol.

Yes, I've hacked about the animations, there are lots of new 1 handed animations + there is some punching going on there.. true new animations may well be forthcoming as well. Hopefully

Well I was trying to parry the french attacks, and a lot of my sword strokes were blocked/were punches (we're still sorting out that system) and I was also not getting in proper strokes a lot of the time due to a little slowdown and being constantly attacked by the french. And I was on 1/4 damage.
Oh yes, I forgot to say anything about the animations; I did notice them, and they did look cool, but you didn't really block much, it kinda looked as if you didn't even try blocking to show how much damage a sword slash does. :razz: About those uniforms, not all of them are really important, right? Surely you could just ignore some of the uniforms of the French?

FrisianDude said:
Dain Ironfoot said:

Oh yes, I forgot to say anything about the animations; I did notice them, and they did look cool, but you didn't really block much, it kinda looked as if you didn't even try blocking to show how much damage a sword slash does. :razz: About those uniforms, not all of them are really important, right? Surely you could just ignore some of the uniforms of the French?

I was actually punching a fair bit as we hadn't got the system quite down... and so were the AI. A sword slash does a hell of a lot of damage, you can quite easily kill a man with one slash if you're running at him as I do a few times in the vid.

What ho plebs, would anyone mind giving a rough summary of whats happened in the last 45 posts? I'm afraid I'm on considerably too slow internet to be bothered finding out myself.

Ealdormann Hussey said:
What ho plebs, would anyone mind giving a rough summary of whats happened in the last 45 posts? I'm afraid I'm on considerably too slow internet to be bothered finding out myself.

Ah, I had wondered were you went. :razz:

we had some spare time a couple of days ago and made some fortification scenes: 2 are proper large-scale fortresses, 2 are small redoubts, and 2 are fortified 'natural' defensive positions.

I'll post them in the repository as OSP scenes when I get a chance.

I was making one of the fortresses C.Rodrigo, but I didn't like the river Agueda as it is, so I threw in an S-bend, so its not quite as it should be....

the rest are purely fictional creations.

Excelent, should be able to chuck those in instead of castle scenes even if they're something of placeholder for more specific scenes for now.

this mod looks huge.... its mind blowing! Hats off to you guys for this work in progress cos it must take a lot of time an effort to revamp so much.
someone has needed to do this type of mod for a while an by the looks of the video youve cracked it..... well played lads!
im eagerly awaiting the release

Ok an update on stuff, finished 5 basic coat patterns for civvy/guerilla clothes, for each of those there are 8 (variations of cartridge box, crossbelt,sash,bread bag etc) and have currently created 4 basic textures that work for all models.. for these there will be extra colour variations.

yay!

oh - one of the small redbouts shows the corner of a fortress wall in the background, like its an outworks or something (like the Picurina at Badajoz)

I'll probably tinker with them if I have any time over the next week or so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom