The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

is it just me or is italy and the rest of the world improportionate compared to greece

also i think the compass on the map doesnt point north which makes it hard to find things on this epicly large map
(especially since right now the only terrain is grassland)

another thing i dont know if this is possible  :mrgreen: Make the player able to zoom out and see the entire campaign map at once

Would be epic to add the macedonian phalanxes :grin:, Polearm: Sarrisa and if possible an outfit with a shield attached to the hand

joko380 said:
Would be epic to add the macedonian phalanxes :grin:, Polearm: Sarrisa and if possible an outfit with a shield attached to the hand

Sarissa's and Macedonian phalanxes came about 50 years later if not more....

HannesFury said:
Aurelien said:
ReapDa said:
This is not necessarily a suggestion to change the game, but I was wondering if anyone could reupload the module at another source. Anytime I download from M&B Repository it takes about 5 hours, and when I try to install, i'm still missing some of the files. I believe some other people were having problems as well, as stated on the Repository page. Anyway, it would be much appreciated as I really favor this part of history.

There is a sticky topic on The Peloponnesian War board called "Optional Downloads", here you go you can't miss it :
Capturedcran2011-09-25161457.png

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196220.0.html

No Aurelien, that is not referring to optional sources for downloading the modification. An optional download is in this case speaking of packages of altering certain effects of the already downloaded module, wherever you got it from. There exists no at this official resource to dealing with the problem of slow and corrupted downloads.

see THIS:
Lynores said:
I am currently attempting an upload to megaupload. Do not download the mod off unknown sources, some people have been attaching viruses to the exe and altering files.

EDIT:

Janko is uploading it, he'll post here as soon as possible.

as a reply to
thomaser said:
I cant download the mod it takes 10 h to download. :sad: :sad:
The Transfer rate is 15 KB/Sec but I have high speed internet .
THAT, for other ways of downloading the whole mod itself that is not through M&B Repositry.

Have patience! Soon.

:?:

Isn't the optional download posted by Lynores Official ?
What's more official than the team leader of this mod itself ?

I think there is misunderstanding then and in this case i apologize to the peoples who followed what i said.

Aurelien said:
HannesFury said:
Aurelien said:
ReapDa said:
This is not necessarily a suggestion to change the game, but I was wondering if anyone could reupload the module at another source. Anytime I download from M&B Repository it takes about 5 hours, and when I try to install, i'm still missing some of the files. I believe some other people were having problems as well, as stated on the Repository page. Anyway, it would be much appreciated as I really favor this part of history.

There is a sticky topic on The Peloponnesian War board called "Optional Downloads", here you go you can't miss it :
Capturedcran2011-09-25161457.png

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196220.0.html

No Aurelien, that is not referring to optional sources for downloading the modification. An optional download is in this case speaking of packages of altering certain effects of the already downloaded module, wherever you got it from. There exists no at this official resource to dealing with the problem of slow and corrupted downloads.

:?:

Isn't the optional download posted by Lynores Official ?
What's more official than the team leader of this mod itself ?

I think there is misunderstanding then and in this case i apologize to the peoples who followed what i said.

Aurelien, if you would have instead read from the link you provided yourself, we would not be suffering from this unnecessary grievance.

What you linked to is not an alternative download link for the whole module. Just read what he writes in the topic. It refers you a number of files that add graphical improvements to the world map and the way it looks in the Peloponnese. Hence "alternative downloads" to the already installed TPW. Very simple, nothing to be confused about.

I'd recommend sea travel be made much faster than land travel. I forget the details but I would often come across authors who cited that it might be faster (or at least cheaper) to ship grain from Egypt to Italy than it would be to ship that grain from the Italian coast up to Rome. Probably not as fast, but it is clear sea travel would be much faster than land travel.

Also, I know that it can be problematic with the size of Sicily but I would favor giving carthage an outpost there. Right now they are kinda off by their lonesome, and a Sicilian city would leave them able to perhaps engage Megale Hellas or Syracuse-Peloponnesians.

I havent looked through the whole thread but my suggestion is a tavern like zendar ect where all the companions are , the problem is there are sooo many cities ive been looking for hours and only found 5 :sad:
and of course more helmet and armor variation ect but that comes with time
other than that very good!

I don't mind if testers don't read the thread, in fact it is helpful, that way I can gauge what needs to be fixed with some urgency. Just post to your hearts content. Do download the fixes before posting, of course.

tenerife_boy said:
joko380 said:
go and wait to hegemony 268 if yoou want that :wink:
O :razz: i will do that :razz:, i knew phillip the second made phalanxes but forgot when he ruled :razz:

Hi.As HannesFury suggests,i will post my suggestion here  :grin:
First of all,CONGRATULATIONS Lynores for this magnificent mod(i Love phalanx :mrgreen:)
I have a little request,if it is possible.
The game date.
It's possible to change to 431(or another date that i don't remeber)instead of 1257?

Back
Top Bottom