The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynores said:
Already reported, actually.

Yes, did on my part as well. Just showing an example and letting know explicitly what is not acceptable.

I forward the date-suggestion as well.
Would you also consider what has been brought up before: altering the movement and protection of the shield animation?

[list type=decimal]
[*]When we are fighting and looking downhill, there is little to no protection from my shield against archer and peltast, while at the same time providing full protection from front and side melee strikes even where shield is not oriented.

[*]It also is tilted inwards quite awkwardly in this configuration.
[/list] 

What was the reason for implementing shield animations in such a manner?
I might add that the slightly left-oriented shield works nicely, even while the animation leaves the character vulnerable in the described angles.

HannesFury said:
Lynores said:
Already reported, actually.

Yes, did on my part as well. Just showing an example and letting know explicitly what is not acceptable.

I forward the date-suggestion as well.
Would you also consider what has been brought up before: altering the movement and protection of the shield animation?

[list type=decimal]
[*]When we are fighting and looking downhill, there is little to no protection from my shield against archer and peltast, while at the same time providing full protection from front and side melee strikes even where shield is not oriented.

[*]It also is tilted inwards quite awkwardly in this configuration.
[/list] 

What was the reason for implementing shield animations in such a manner?
I might add that the slightly left-oriented shield works nicely, even while the animation leaves the character vulnerable in the described angles.
your a ****

Does that happen to a specific shield model, or all of them? Looks like its the scripted width, I'll check this out.

If you are able to implement this into the game it will be great if not i understand. In this time when ever the soldiers made formations they had their new recruits in the front and the very best in the back. Unlike in the mod when the troops line up in a formation the best are in the front and the worst are in the back. So if you can could you make it where the new troops are in the front and the best troops are in the back?

Lynores said:
Does that happen to a specific shield model, or all of them? Looks like its the scripted width, I'll check this out.

Yes, I can now conclude that this is consistent with all shield models, all through native kite and viking variations, to hoplons celtic scrotums, pelte and caetra variations. This is noticable not just on foot, but perhaps especially mounted, as you'd be looking 45 down and trying to block. However, since different shields (even between scrotum-types) have their own attachment points, the blocking behaves according to this, even if the animation itself is identical.

A horisontal arm blocking with Celtic Scrotum gives me not protection throat-chest-belly-scrotum, but over chest and toward my right and left due to arm latching point is along and not across its length. Tried different shields with different results and screencapped, but for one my connection isnt serving me well and secondly you probably know what I mean already. Let me know if you want to see what I mean, I'll make some uploads with thoughts to them.

just to say this mod has very high potential,to be one of the best mods out there..

btw will there be signs so we could use to support this mod,i really want to support this mod.

Great job! :grin:

chimera_t said:
tenis15 said:
maybe for the multiplayer you could make it a pw kind of thing but with this time period?
That would be INSANE!!! I would like that even more than TWW.

Ya it would be pretty cool, it would bring another unique thing to the mod. They could still add regular multiplayer but this would be pretty cool.

boats should have to be purchased

you should need a fleet of boats to move large armies

you should have to leave your fleet at the shore when you disembark
(as opposed to what we do now is carry the boat overland)

MrShovelFace said:
boats should have to be purchased

you should need a fleet of boats to move large armies

you should have to leave your fleet at the shore when you disembark
(as opposed to what we do now is carry the boat overland)

you should have another engine for that.  :wink:

Its possible but then it would stop lords and other parties from going into the ocean /  add a huge amount of lag into the already big world map due to the necessary amount of disabled recognition parties.

hmmmm could you put in a formation where you could put ur armies into two or three rows instead of just one BIG line that would be awsome =)

LORD SCHULZIE said:
hmmmm could you put in a formation where you could put ur armies into two or three rows instead of just one BIG line that would be awsome =)

In fact you can, you just need to add them to another "type" in the party menu where it says "Troop Type", and in the battle select it with 4-to-9 classes, and with f4 assign them an formation (Square = Phalanx, Ranks, Wedge, etc).

press 1 (or whatever unit you want), f4, choose your formation. Voilà.

Take the time to read through the main thread, folks, its all in there. Scroll down to diplomacy and prebattle orders features and there you go.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195448.0.html

Lynores said:

press 1 (or whatever unit you want), f4, choose your formation. Voilà.

Take the time to read through the main thread, folks, its all in there. Scroll down to diplomacy and prebattle orders features and there you go.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195448.0.html
hmm idk how to explain this i mean i dont want them in one huge line but i also dnt want them in one tight formation just 2/3 rows of men one behind another

I don't know how you will do this but if it possible to make a different class in this Mod

Javelins or skirmishers to be a permanent group with its own banner so i can know where they are :smile:

All other things as I can see are going great.
And will you at Troy to the map that'll be awwwesome :cool:

Amazing mod I love the architecture, music, (the arena makes me excited) faces (one-eye, war paint pretty creepy) and the armor and weaponry is just great. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back
Top Bottom