The PC route of TW needs to end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Superhobo

Recruit
First, you take away the amount of times you are killed by a player.... FINE. I bite my tongue.

THEN you make a STUPID chat filter that you can not even take off. I can not even say the word Assassinate without it looking like ******inate..... like what the **** TaleWorlds? How ****in sensitive do we need to be to remove chat? You do not consider MP a concern at all, BUT you consider the chat a priority?

Then.....this is where I drew the line....Then....in MP you take away death count.

ITS CALLED K/D FOR A ****in REASON TW. YOU CAN NOT HAVE K/D WITHOUT DEATHS.

Get it together girls.

Taleworlds profanity filters need some serious work. I am pretty sure the word "Assure" will be put in the profanity because it has "ass" in it, too lazy to boot up and try

That has nothing to do with PCness. it's just poor work.
The reason why we have this in the first place is because they are considering players "feelings" when no one asked them to. Why not show who killed you? And how many times? Why put a chat filter? Why delete deaths?

I believe mordhau's solution was to change stuff with obvious curses in them to motivational messages and the ability to toggle off chat completely which would be fun tbh

The reason why we have this in the first place is because they are considering players "feelings" when no one asked them to. Why not show who killed you? And how many times? Why put a chat filter? Why delete deaths?
Those are different things.
A chat filter is necessary in any game to prevent offensive assholes, like those who like to complain about PC, to harass other players.
Removing death count is simply a mystery until Taleworlds says why they did this and there's absolutely no evidence that it's because they don't want frequent diers to be embarrassed.

Surely there is a more civil path to getting your point across. I agree with you on the censorship, but screaming about it won't fix anything.

There are far more pressing issues right now. Such as the release of the most recent update.

Hopefully TaleWorlds will get around to reading our posts and concerns and address it, as well as reevaluating how they communicate with the Multiplayer playerbase.

Those are different things.
A chat filter is necessary in any game to prevent offensive assholes, like those who like to complain about PC, to harass other players.
Removing death count is simply a mystery until Taleworlds says why they did this and there's absolutely no evidence that it's because they don't want frequent diers to be embarrassed.
The death counter in skirm actually is a bit misrepresentative since the game is balanced around unequal respawns. Aserai inf for example will usually have the most deaths in a match since they are weak, always triple spawn, and have to be in harm's way. Archers and cav rarely get a 3rd life and have way more disengagement opportunities, so usually have a much higher kdr even if inf are doing just as much work. Getting extra respawns is also the big "reward" for winning, so after round 1 both teams can go even in k/d and the ones with the extra gold still win convincingly...

I guess the reason to remove it was similar to removing the loss counter from the main menu, trying to undercut toxic tryhard need2win attitudes or salty losers, I dunno. If kills are worth tracking along with score, you would think deaths should be as well...

I hope they put it back and let us get detailed stats in a dropdown/expand list, like dmg dealt by weapon type, horse stops/dmg/kills, kills/deaths by weapon, shield breaks, etc... but we all know that ain't happening.

The scoring system in general is probably super well designed from the backend view but it's so obtuse for players. Like the score counter in TDM where both teams are at 35827 and are playing until one side gets two million points or some malarkey. Warband had this pretty straightforward scoring system that would always increment by 1, but I guess numbers under 1000 are for babies.

I think chat filter is fine as it is, they should actually expand it to include more non-offensive words. Typing a coherent message should be like a mini game to itself.

TW's vision for MP:

IZW_8Zm-7ixy6f6GqQd0tL5ZHYYPPVUsbwjE-3Bb9Fw.jpg

Im just sitting here imaging poor Hancock trying to find ways to count players death for his stat spreadsheets during the next tournament but then I remembered the multiplayer is so bungled that there won’t be a next tournament.

Back
Top Bottom