The Original Sands of Faith Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
matmohair1 said:
thewanderingknight said:
Check new version, added your voices to commands and bandit encounters ^^
brilliant  :grin: is it possible to choose between Arabic or French voices?
would other languages be added?

By default is french, you can change to arabic (using your voices), as said in description. It's easy to add any language to orders, it's just replacing the files. What is needed is someone to do them ^^

Blackfyre said:
Are you looking to add faction specific castles? Had a look around krak de chevaliers and it's a standard(although large)castle.

I'm looking to use the stuff from CWE for scenes, I believe they have that castle.

WolfWitness said:
Huh, I just got hit with a runtime error. Didn't think this mod was that resource intensive already. Only happened once you far in my first 400+ man battle for this mod. I'll see if this happens again when the troops numbers are high again.

On a side note, why is it so hard to find a two-handed sword outside of the tourneys? Or is it just my bad luck?

There aren't any 2-h swords in the mod outside of tournaments.

would be great to add voice choices during character creation,
(french crusader, Arabic Saracen, silent warrior...etc)

The 1860s Old America mod for Mount & Blade did something similar

WolfWitness said:
thewanderingknight said:
There aren't any 2-h swords in the mod outside of tournaments.

Well bummer. Does this mean I wasted my weapon proficiency points on 2-handed?

Well I guess so... I was going to look at giving bastard sword flag to some swords but needed to test animations first, ended up not having time for that, was time to release new version.

Oh well, no harm done. My 1H proficiency ended up pretty high because I was using that while looking two hand weapons.  :lol:
There aren't any plain two handed weapons in this mod?

WolfWitness said:
Oh well, no harm done. My 1H proficiency ended up pretty high because I was using that while looking two hand weapons.  :lol:
There aren't any plain two handed weapons in this mod?

2-h weapons were rare in the first 2 crusades, also I need the 2-h idle for pike animation which kinda screws 2-h sword animation and stuff, but bastard sword use 1-h idle animation I believe. The thing is that I remember testing it at some point and there was something I didn't like.

GiipaGips said:
Which cities are on the wishlist?

I'm looking into assemble the scenes that are supposed to be more or less completed (if any lol). From what I know for towns it's only Jerusalem and Damascus, maybe Acre and Jaffa not sure. Castles I believe it's Krak des Chevaliers and Kerak and few others. Some villages also I guess. Have all necessary code in place, brfs and textures I believe, just fixing some stuff. But I don't know if it needs ai meshes and stuff for sieges. Also my old computer can't handle well big scenes, so this is a problem to me.

Released patch with fixes and improvements: copy/paste all txt files to Sands of Faith v0.8 main folder and dds files to Textures folders, replace when asked. You NEED to start a new game. Added ability to start as Ayyubid Lord, templars and hospitallers have now all lords available, improved lightning, replaced and removed from merchant almost all last vanilla items. Removed training grounds. Added few menu stuff I forgot to replace. Several fixes and tweaks.

Edit: Reuploaded patch because I forgot the sco files for a castle I changed.

Hello,

Thanks for the new patch keep up the great work.

The sound are a bit weird in the v0.8 compared to 0.7 but its still ok :smile:

I just have a question
@thewanderingknight do you know if cwe released some script like the reinforcement or the multiple ladder system ? (I hope so this feature was pretty cool).
like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwDoyGdjD4
and this :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MSsboD7h7c

thanks for answer time. (copy pasta the question because you missed it I think ^^)

-|Hydra|- said:
Hello,

Thanks for the new patch keep up the great work.

The sound are a bit weird in the v0.8 compared to 0.7 but its still ok :smile:

I just have a question
@thewanderingknight do you know if cwe released some script like the reinforcement or the multiple ladder system ? (I hope so this feature was pretty cool).
like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwDoyGdjD4
and this :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MSsboD7h7c

thanks for answer time. (copy pasta the question because you missed it I think ^^)

The sounds are CWE sounds, but it seems some prefered the sounds I was using before, so for next version, I'll add the old sounds as optional (I'll probably release an enhanced v0.8 before v0.9 with all CWE stuff needed to make scenes for the mod so anyone can easier help me with scenes since my computer just can't handle epic scenes, even testing the "random" battlefields with flora and stuff is a pain to my 6 years old computer lol). The problem with their scripts is that almost all requires WSE and I don't want to make the mod WSE dependent. Regarding sounds I find it funny everyone seemed to want the CWE sounds and now are saying the old ones were better  -_-' Anyway another annoying thing with CWE stuff are their shaders, the shaders I use for flags animations are a lot better than their shaders. But a lot of their stuff requires their shaders, also Mark7 said their shaders need clean because there is many test stuff in them and might be unstable. But all flora stuff for example use their shaders, I can change the shaders it use but is a pain go through everything and choose the appropriate shaders to replace and as I said my computer have trouble handling flora, so testing is a pain to me.

Hello,

Thank for the answer, Well to be honnest for sound I think it can wait do what you think it best for your mod I mean giving optional sound is always cool because its a plus and everyone can choose but yeah Its a pain in the ass to do a pool about who like this sound and who like the other one etc I can understand that  :grin:(I didn't know it was CWE sound though).

Critical part are the scenes asset do you really need a scener (modder) to help you for that or just a powerfull computer ?

For WSE I don't know much about that its something like a script extender I guess ? would a multiple ladder system would work without WSE (some of their stuff in video where just impressive as I never seen this in any mod that was really immersive siege for me with the ram etc ^^).

And for shaders (same question as the scenes asset) if It just require a powerfull computer I can help you. Anyway I hope some modder will help you to continue this mod is by far the most closed mod to CWE and its already pretty.

good luck with the ammount of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom