The Original Sands of Faith Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple interesting bugs I'm getting with the new 0.5 build.

First, I'm getting time date stamps in place of lords names for some battle result reports.  Not the battles I'm involved in, but the ones that report as happening around the map.  And this is only happening intermittently so I have no idea what the cause could be.  It's in the minority too.  I'll get 3 or 4 lords have lost a battle (and either were captured or escaped) and then I'll get a "February 11th at 8 o'clock was defeated in battle but managed to escape".

Second, the random lordly item rewards seem to be duplicating.  In the 3 instances since my restart for the new update that I've been awarded I've gotten two items each time.  Not always duplicate models either, as the one time I was awarded western-style lordly helmets they were 2 different models.

And lastly, when serving as a mercenary (presumably since I have no positive standing with the faction I'm serving) outlaws will come up and attack me while I'm awaiting a siege following a marshal and none of the other lords or their forces will take part in the battle.  This one might be as intended, but is pretty annoying.

A crusades mod that's actually historically based? Might give this a go.

Some suggestions; it might be interesting to have lords slowly join the kingdom of jerusalem (as if coming from Europe) and then possibly filter out into the northern states, sort of like a reverse of the exile feature. This could create an interesting dynamic where the more the crusaders expand, the more lords they get, who then squabble for land.

It would also be interesting to have ayyubid mamluk troops recruitable only from their respective garrison towns (can't remember exactly where these were; I think egyptian mamluks were trained in court rather than in garrison towns like Abbasid mamluks). The local infantry levies shouldn't be upgradeable very far since egyptian locals had to contend with multiple harvests per year and were reluctant soldiers. Sudanese mamluks usually filled the dedicated infantry role in their stead, while bedouins were sometimes foot archers.

TarnishedArmour said:
A couple interesting bugs I'm getting with the new 0.5 build.

First, I'm getting time date stamps in place of lords names for some battle result reports.  Not the battles I'm involved in, but the ones that report as happening around the map.  And this is only happening intermittently so I have no idea what the cause could be.  It's in the minority too.  I'll get 3 or 4 lords have lost a battle (and either were captured or escaped) and then I'll get a "February 11th at 8 o'clock was defeated in battle but managed to escape".

Second, the random lordly item rewards seem to be duplicating.  In the 3 instances since my restart for the new update that I've been awarded I've gotten two items each time.  Not always duplicate models either, as the one time I was awarded western-style lordly helmets they were 2 different models.

And lastly, when serving as a mercenary (presumably since I have no positive standing with the faction I'm serving) outlaws will come up and attack me while I'm awaiting a siege following a marshal and none of the other lords or their forces will take part in the battle.  This one might be as intended, but is pretty annoying.

The clock thing in place of lord name is not new it's been always like that, that's the extra clock that get's in the way of the name. The duplicate thing I'll need more feedback on it, but are you sure that's new? Those "outlaws" weren't deserters? I was going to take a look on them since I realized that no one was attacking them, is just since I don't play this game for a long time, either than the necessary for modding of course, I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be attacked only by their old faction or all factions. It's because I removed the default relations flag from factions and need to set relations myself, I only didn't that for deserters because wasn't sure how they should work. But again were they "deserters"?

jacobhinds said:
A crusades mod that's actually historically based? Might give this a go.

Some suggestions; it might be interesting to have lords slowly join the kingdom of jerusalem (as if coming from Europe) and then possibly filter out into the northern states, sort of like a reverse of the exile feature. This could create an interesting dynamic where the more the crusaders expand, the more lords they get, who then squabble for land.

It would also be interesting to have ayyubid mamluk troops recruitable only from their respective garrison towns (can't remember exactly where these were; I think egyptian mamluks were trained in court rather than in garrison towns like Abbasid mamluks). The local infantry levies shouldn't be upgradeable very far since egyptian locals had to contend with multiple harvests per year and were reluctant soldiers. Sudanese mamluks usually filled the dedicated infantry role in their stead, while bedouins were sometimes foot archers.

Well actually the main reason for the amount of the lords I gave to each faction is to represent manpower, of course also to be more realistic in terms of number of lords itself, but primarily to represent manpower. Even because there is also the troop trees that balance it, since knights are the best units in the mod (even more the military orders knights). Regarding the troops, yeah at this moment is very simplistic because I've been looking for the right balance first, for example in this new version I made military orders sergeants cavalry how they supposed were historically, only did it now though because I felt was safe in terms of game balance, again here the amount of lords matters a lot. Mamluks at this moment are not faction specific, they're just called Mamluks, but of course once I start expanding troop trees everything can be considered. To clarify a bit more on the number of lords I've chosen for each faction, for example I don't want hospitallers and templars to expand much because I want them to be more of support factions for Jerusalem and Antioch. Basically I don't want military orders to feel like normal factions. Teutonic knights it's another matter, each one can roleplay with them as they want, you can for example limit it to 3 lords to match the military orders in the game and stuff like that.

TarnishedArmour said:
Ah, gotcha.  Will look more into that for you.

Funny, I never noticed the clock thing before, thanks for correcting me on that.

But are deserters supposed to be attacked by all factions? Is just I'm not sure, if yes I can release a patch fast. To clarify "deserters" are not part of the "outlaws" faction.

thewanderingknight said:
The duplicate thing I'll need more feedback on it, but are you sure that's new?

Yes, in so much as I've never gotten two lordly items as a reward for the same battle before, but am now getting them consistently (those 3 battles anyhow, haven't been awarded any since).

thewanderingknight said:
Those "outlaws" weren't deserters? I was going to take a look on them since I realized that no one was attacking them, is just since I don't play this game for a long time, either than the necessary for modding of course, I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be attacked only by their old faction or all factions. It's because I removed the default relations flag from factions and need to set relations myself, I only didn't that for deserters because wasn't sure how they should work. But again were they "deserters"?

Was able to duplicate, and they are indeed deserters.  Playing as Ayyubid Sultanate mercenary and the deserters were definitely from one of the "western" factions (company was composed of Knights, Armed Pilgrims, and Crossbowmen).  So sorry for using the term outlaws and causing confusion on that.  Thinking back the first attack awaiting the siege was the same sort of troops.

thewanderingknight said:
But are deserters supposed to be attacked by all factions? Is just I'm not sure, if yes I can release a patch fast. To clarify "deserters" are not part of the "outlaws" faction.

I believe so, but even if you were to try and make it so only the faction the deserters were from they would still attack the player unless all those flags were set differently too.  I think that might be a mess to try and sort out (but might be fun for someone into that sort of thing to make it work "right").

To confirm, it is in fact deserters attacking while awaiting sieges or in close proximity to the marshal with no support from my supposed comrades.

On the duplicate reward issue, apparently I was wrong.  I created a Crusader character and experienced the same thing, two rewards for one battle, this time a helmet and a horse, and in another battle received only a single reward.  Is it set up that if you do well enough you'll receive additional rewards?  Could also have been a bad download or any number of other things if no one else is able to duplicate.

TarnishedArmour said:
On the duplicate reward issue, apparently I was wrong.  I created a Crusader character and experienced the same thing, two rewards for one battle, this time a helmet and a horse, and in another battle received only a single reward.  Is it set up that if you do well enough you'll receive additional rewards?  Could also have been a bad download or any number of other things if no one else is able to duplicate.

It seems normal to me, I didn't changed anything about it, I don't know why you think that's a problem lol And yeah I guess it depends on how you perform, but again I didn't touch that stuff. But are the deserters being attacked now? I didn't test it but they should be attacked now with the patch.

Removed modifiers (lordly, etc) from all items either than trade goods, it has nothing to do with amount of loot but because I don't want player to get better items than the ones in the game world and also certain things don't make sense like items better than knights surcoats and stuff like that.

thewanderingknight said:
It seems normal to me, I didn't changed anything about it, I don't know why you think that's a problem lol

Well in real life if people give you anything it tends to be because they want something from you, if they give you MORE, they tend to want MORE.  I guess I just allowed that thought process flow over into M&B gameplay...  So while a reward for performance in battle seemed nice, getting two rewards for the same battle made me question the validity of the system... metaphorically speaking of course.  :wink:

Very interesting mod, well done!

I have not encountered huge bugs either; there are some minor issues with the map in certain spots (sometimes you end up tangled in impassable terrain tiles which are non supposed to be, at least visually) and confrere knights have a higher weapon skill than the actual upgraded knights.

I've noticed nothing else at the moment. Keep up the great work!

oh and making lances "crush through" was the best idea ever, now they are much more viable in unmounted combat too

TarnishedArmour said:
thewanderingknight said:
It seems normal to me, I didn't changed anything about it, I don't know why you think that's a problem lol

Well in real life if people give you anything it tends to be because they want something from you, if they give you MORE, they tend to want MORE.  I guess I just allowed that thought process flow over into M&B gameplay...  So while a reward for performance in battle seemed nice, getting two rewards for the same battle made me question the validity of the system... metaphorically speaking of course.  :wink:

Well that will get fixed in next version anyway since I removed modifers.

Echtel said:

I have not encountered huge bugs either; there are some minor issues with the map in certain spots (sometimes you end up tangled in impassable terrain tiles which are non supposed to be, at least visually) and confrere knights have a higher weapon skill than the actual upgraded knights.

oh and making lances "crush through" was the best idea ever, now they are much more viable in unmounted combat too

The "higher weapon skill" is in 2-h and polearms not 1-h can you confirm that? I have the weapons defined for them in different ways but that should be fixed now, just need confirmation about this.

I need some help with command and warcries voices, I need especially french voices, although german and turkish voices would be nice too, I already have arabian although more would be welcome too, but what I really need is french voices.

thewanderingknight said:
Echtel said:

The "higher weapon skill" is in 2-h and polearms not 1-h can you confirm that? I have the weapons defined for them in different ways but that should be fixed now, just need confirmation about this.

I confirm. In my game skills are as follows

Confrere: 155 135 145

Knight: 150 130 130

They are probably inverted... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom