The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dironox said:
India-Pattern Service Musquet does 4p damage, low level British line infantry use this rifle making them useless at ranged.

Yeah I realized musket issue is only with some of the muskets.

Great! It's released, but I didn't know until I have read the comments here..
Why didn't Docm posted the link in the thread?

Been playing since the download link was published.. I have to say it's a lovely mod indeed.

Got a cheeky screenie too:
bE60S2R.jpg

Im having a few small issues nothing major but the point of an alpha is to report them so
On maps I have random flashes when I look around sometimes sort of like star bursts.
Im dealing with the smugglers in their den just from Saint Petersburg where the AI enemy are fixed on the spot and do not move at all.
I Got stuck entering the park in Moscow on an invisible wall that prompted me to enter the Arena.
If any of those are intended I'm going to feel like a right noddy.

Is the army recruiter actually the temporary replacement for vassal system in this build?
I thought that it was something similar to the enlistment system in other mod like Rome At War or Red Wars that you join a lord's army as a soldier and join the fighting with the group, but it seems that all the recruiter does is to make you a de facto vassal of the country (just without the fiefs). In addition you no longer have to ability to vow to the king and I don't think mercenary captain is allowed either.

I do believe that the rank system as said in the first page is just not implemented yet, but I want to know how the system works in the current version.

The right way:
tanknibbz said:
Im having a few small issues nothing major but the point of an alpha is to report them so
On maps I have random flashes when I look around sometimes sort of like star bursts.
Im dealing with the smugglers in their den just from Saint Petersburg where the AI enemy are fixed on the spot and do not move at all.
I Got stuck entering the park in Moscow on an invisible wall that prompted me to enter the Arena.
If any of those are intended I'm going to feel like a right noddy.

The wrong way:
Rāja'EdwardC said:
Jails are bugged as ****, can't get out.

Does anybody know how to remove the grey coats they seem to be wearing. Look kinda ugly to me and my men gotta look good when they kill.

Dironox said:
India-Pattern Service Musquet does 4p damage, low level British line infantry use this rifle making them useless at ranged.

I can confirm this, I did a quick battle of 200 British Infantry vs 10 French, engaging in ranged volley fire - The French took no casualties and the British took 12, I then edited Item 0720 India-Pattern_Service_Musquet using the Item Editor, and changed the damage to 80 from 4, suffice to say that the French were no more.

Congratulations on the release of your mod, it's an amazing piece of work.  :smile:

Testing the linux version.
First error I have found is that fonts doesn't work, had to remove font_data.xml and font.dds. It is usual error in linux Warband mods, the same thing happened with 1257. I would be thankful if Docm gave some support for linux users in late versions :smile:. Also most of city textures aren't showing(just plain white) and default warband text is barely readable with dark background.

qqsuen said:
Is the army recruiter actually the temporary replacement for vassal system in this build?
I thought that it was something similar to the enlistment system in other mod like Rome At War or Red Wars that you join a lord's army as a soldier and join the fighting with the group, but it seems that all the recruiter does is to make you a de facto vassal of the country (just without the fiefs). In addition you no longer have to ability to vow to the king and I don't think mercenary captain is allowed either.

I do believe that the rank system as said in the first page is just not implemented yet, but I want to know how the system works in the current version.

What you described as being in other mods is the Freelancer mod, which will not be in L'Aigle. The army recruiter found in capitals inducts you into the military of that capital's nation, but I think you have to talk to the leader of the faction (e.g. Bonaparte) to get promoted.

Well, well, well...I was close to becoming one of those who doubted in release of L'aigle before the end of the world, but now i have to say that this mod is a fine piece of work indeed.

Found the Nizar companion from Native Warband in Gießen tavern. I recruited him and he is using all Native equipment, nomad boots etc...

Also, I forgot in which location but it was possible to buy one of the heavy warhorses from Native.

EDIT: Also found Bunduk at Milano.

Sini. said:
Found the Nizar companion from Native Warband in Gießen tavern. I recruited him and he is using all Native equipment, nomad boots etc...

Also, I forgot in which location but it was possible to buy one of the heavy warhorses from Native.

Pressburg in Austria has a lot of Native companions.

Sini. said:

Yes, like it said in the ReadMe file...
Did anyone actually read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom