The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anarchy856 said:
Jorje Clueknee said:
Anarchy856 said:
Tis a damn good life, filled with spoil and strife, we waiters undergo
and we don't give a damn when the mod isn't multi
no matter how long we wait
Cus we are homeward bound from the entire world
With a lot of watcher not caring for sleep
And we don't give a damn when we drink our caffiene with the screen in our face

Rollin' Down to old Moddb
We're homeward bound from the entire world
Rollin' down to old Moddb

Once more we wait for the hourly wait
towards our hopeful download
Our main wait is gonna be there
3 hellish years we passed away
On the longest wait yet
But now we're bound from the moddb site to old moddb

Rollin' Down to old moddb me boys
Rollin' down to old moddb

Not in a million years would I have ever thought I would ever witness a poem about waiting for a mod.
It happens when you get bored :razz:

Though it's not original, being adapted from the lyrics of Rollin' Down to Ole Maui.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Anarchy856 said:
Jorje Clueknee said:
Anarchy856 said:
Tis a damn good life, filled with spoil and strife, we waiters undergo
and we don't give a damn when the mod isn't multi
no matter how long we wait
Cus we are homeward bound from the entire world
With a lot of watcher not caring for sleep
And we don't give a damn when we drink our caffiene with the screen in our face

We're homeward bound from the entire world
Rollin' down to old Moddb

Once more we wait for the hourly wait
towards our hopeful download
Our main wait is gonna be there
3 hellish years we passed away
On the longest wait yet
But now we're bound from the moddb site to old moddb

Rollin' Down to old moddb me boys
Rollin' down to old moddb

Not in a million years would I have ever thought I would ever witness a poem about waiting for a mod.
It happens when you get bored :razz:

Though it's not original, being adapted from the lyrics of Rollin' Down to Ole Maui.
Hey, I was parodying it lol
It took me like 10 minutes to do this so...

Jack B.B. (@Docm30)
01/01/2015 04:17
I may have killed the Moddb. It is uploaded there, however, and it's just up to them to authorise the file.

Mod author said this btw. How dare them admins have life's! They can't party they must attempt to fulfil my laughable 'life' not have their own! I am astounded from their lack of sadness and un sociability, i thought the admins would Be like us but obviously not!

The Docm30 of the L'Aigles, final part. To be continued.
"Don't be a fool, L'Aigle Fan," came an answer in his own voice. "He won't go another day like that, if he moves at all. And you can't go on much longer giving him all the computers and most of the internet."
"I can go on a good way though, and I will."
"Where to?"
"To the Download, of course."
"But what then, L'Aigle Fan, what then? When you get there, what are you going to do? He won't be able to play anything for himself.
TO his dismay L'Aigle Fan realized that he had not got an answer to this. He had no clear idea at all. Docm30 had not spoken much to him of his errand, and L'Aigle Fan only knew vaguely that the L'Aigle had somehow to be put into the downloads. "The ModDB of Doom," he muttered, the old name rising to his mind. Well, if Master knows how to find them, I don't."
"There you are!" came the answer. "It's all quite useless. He said so himself. You are the fool, going on hoping and toiling. You could have lain down and gone to sleep together hours ago, if you hadn't been so dogged. But you'll pass out just the same, or worse. You might as well lie down now and give it up. You'll never get to the top anyway."
"I'll get there, if I leave everything but my bones behind," said L'Aigle Fan. And I'll carry Mr. Docm30 up myself, if it breaks my back and heart. So stop arguing!"
At that moment L'Aigle Fan felt a tremor in the server beneath him, and he heard or sensed a deep remote rumble as of internet imprisoned under the server. There was a brief red flame that flickered under the clouds and died away. The ModDB too slept uneasily.
The last stage of their journey to 1809 Europe came, and it was a torment greater than L'Aigle Fan had ever thought that he could bear. He was in pain, and so parched that he could no longer swallow even a mouthful of food. It remained dark, not only because of the smokes of the ModDB: there seemed to be a storm coming up, and away to the south-east there was a shimer of downloads under the black servers. Worst of all, the air was full of files; coding was painful and difficult, and a dizziness came on them, so that they staggered and often fell. And yet their wills did not yield, and they struggled on.
The ModDB crept up ever nearer, until, if they lifted their heavy heads, it filled all their sight, looming vast before them: a huge mass of scumbags and mods and destroyed code, out of which a sheer-sided download was raised into the servers. Before the daylong dusk ended and true night came again they had crawled and stumbled to its very feet. With a gasp Docm30 cast himself on the ground. L'Aigle Fan sat by him. To his surprise he felt tired but lighter, and his head seemed clear again. No more debates disturbed his mind. He knew all the arguments of despair and would not listen to them. His will was set, and only death would break it. He felt no longer either desire or need of sleep, but rather of watchfulness. He knew that all the hazards and perils were not drawing together to a point: the next day would be a day of doom ,the day of final effort or disaster, the last gasp.
But when would it come? The night seemed endless and timeless, minute after minute falling dead and adding up to no passing hour, bringing no change. L'Aigle Fan began to wonder if a second darkness had begun and no day would ever reappear. At last he groped for Docm30's hand. It was cold and trembling. His master was shivering.
"I didn't ought to have left my coffee behind," muttered L'Aigle Fan; and lying down he tried to comfort Docm30 with his donuts and hot chocolate. Then sleep took him, and the dim light of the last day of their wait found them side by side. The wind had fallen the day before as it shifted from the West, and now it came from the North and began to rise; and slowly the light of the unseen Sun filtered down into the shadows where the modders lay.

EomarthofRohan said:
"Don't be a fool, L'Aigle Fan," came an answer in his own voice. "He won't go another day like that, if he moves at all. And you can't go on much longer giving him all the computers and most of the internet."
"Where to?"
"But what then, L'Aigle Fan, what then? When you get there, what are you going to do? He won't be able to play anything for himself.
TO his dismay L'Aigle Fan realized that he had not got an answer to this. He had no clear idea at all. Docm30 had not spoken much to him of his errand, and L'Aigle Fan only knew vaguely that the L'Aigle had somehow to be put into the downloads. "The ModDB of Doom," he muttered, the old name rising to his mind. Well, if Master knows how to find them, I don't."
"There you are!" came the answer. "It's all quite useless. He said so himself. You are the fool, going on hoping and toiling. You could have lain down and gone to sleep together hours ago, if you hadn't been so dogged. But you'll pass out just the same, or worse. You might as well lie down now and give it up. You'll never get to the top anyway."
"I'll get there, if I leave everything but my bones behind," said L'Aigle Fan. And I'll carry Mr. Docm30 up myself, if it breaks my back and heart. So stop arguing!"
At that moment L'Aigle Fan felt a tremor in the server beneath him, and he heard or sensed a deep remote rumble as of internet imprisoned under the server. There was a brief red flame that flickered under the clouds and died away. The ModDB too slept uneasily.
The last stage of their journey to 1809 Europe came, and it was a torment greater than L'Aigle Fan had ever thought that he could bear. He was in pain, and so parched that he could no longer swallow even a mouthful of food. It remained dark, not only because of the smokes of the ModDB: there seemed to be a storm coming up, and away to the south-east there was a shimer of downloads under the black servers. Worst of all, the air was full of files; coding was painful and difficult, and a dizziness came on them, so that they staggered and often fell. And yet their wills did not yield, and they struggled on.
The ModDB crept up ever nearer, until, if they lifted their heavy heads, it filled all their sight, looming vast before them: a huge mass of scumbags and mods and destroyed code, out of which a sheer-sided download was raised into the servers. Before the daylong dusk ended and true night came again they had crawled and stumbled to its very feet. With a gasp Docm30 cast himself on the ground. L'Aigle Fan sat by him. To his surprise he felt tired but lighter, and his head seemed clear again. No more debates disturbed his mind. He knew all the arguments of despair and would not listen to them. His will was set, and only death would break it. He felt no longer either desire or need of sleep, but rather of watchfulness. He knew that all the hazards and perils were not drawing together to a point: the next day would be a day of doom ,the day of final effort or disaster, the last gasp.
But when would it come? The night seemed endless and timeless, minute after minute falling dead and adding up to no passing hour, bringing no change. L'Aigle Fan began to wonder if a second darkness had begun and no day would ever reappear. At last he groped for Docm30's hand. It was cold and trembling. His master was shivering.
"I didn't ought to have left my coffee behind," muttered L'Aigle Fan; and lying down he tried to comfort Docm30 with his donuts and hot chocolate. Then sleep took him, and the dim light of the last day of their wait found them side by side. The wind had fallen the day before as it shifted from the West, and now it came from the North and began to rise; and slowly the light of the unseen Sun filtered down into the shadows where the modders lay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

EomarthofRohan said:
"Where to?"

This sounds like it's from The Lord of The Rings or something. Is that what you parodied?

Gestricius said:
L'Aigle is now ModDB's most popular mod.  :grin:

Unfortunately the webpage infested with pointless idiots that just holler butthurts just because their exposure to the internet means they have a universal right to demand everything to be released on time.

And I thought the fanboys in Viking Conquest were bad.

Johao said:
Gestricius said:
L'Aigle is now ModDB's most popular mod.  :grin:

Unfortunately the webpage infested with pointless idiots that just holler butthurts just because their exposure to the internet means they have a universal right to demand everything to be released on time.

And I thought the fanboys in Viking Conquest were bad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SultanMahmudII said:
EomarthofRohan said:
"Where to?"

This sounds like it's from The Lord of The Rings or something. Is that what you parodied?
Yes, it's from Book VI chapter 3, Mount Doom.

newyear2013.jpg

Grandfather Frost bears gifts on the New Year, for two naughty Emperors who honestly ought to have coal.

L'Aigle Open Alpha v1.0 - MEDIAFIRE; 584.57 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom