The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has to be one of the most awesome screenshots yet. Something in wintery sceneries is close to my heart, I don't know what. Also the coats and the muzzle fire are great!

I looooove greatcoats.

By the way, Docm (or anyone else), would you know what leather the Nassau line troops used?

nassauvoltigeur.jpg

I've heard about both Buff and a cheaper, brown type of leather. A re-enactment group is being set up to portray them as they were in the 1815 campaign and any info would be of great help.

Damn I wish there were troops from the grandduchy of hessen darmstadt...
These troops look quite cool...
plate-66.jpg

plate-46.jpg

Sorry for the cruel resolution but these were the only detailed pics i could find

Landgraft said:
Omega_007 said:
I read that in the 1790s, Friedrich Wilhelm II ordered the banning of the cuirass; whether or not that was due to financial reasons or some twisted 18th century morality, I'm not sure.

It's worth remembering the generally poor state of Prussia during the Napoleonic Wars, I'm not sure whether or not it was cost-related but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Makes me really look forward to my Prussian playthrough, though. Ramp the difficulty and crank the Hohenfriedberger!

That's true, their tactics and weapons were as old as sixty years out of date and given what it would cost to run the kind of military the Prussians wanted, they may indeed have had to throw them out.

I, too, am looking to restore the kingdom of my ancestors to it's former glory. Assuming they are allied to the French, care of the treaty of Tilsit, I think it might be something to weaken the Russians, not invade, just taunt them to cross our borders, and wage a strong defensive campaign.

Docm30 said:
Anyway, here are some rifleman in the snow.

95thinwinter.jpg

I know this is small, but I just love the coughing trumpeter in the background. One of my biggest pet peeves with Warband is how lifeless the troops look.

RanGer_SLO said:
He's not coughing. He's biting off the end of the paper cartridge. It's part of the musket reload animation.

Ah damn it, I thought with the bit of shrub in the background was a holstered bugle.

Well, I guess I could just modify some of the idle stances myself.

Eill prussians have their side-loaded muskets as it historrucaly was. Or was it a littke later? Well, my history comes just from playing eu4 and reading forums.

Docm said you could hire or recruit 'mercenaries' in depots. Regiments like the Mamelukes or 60th Rifle would come from there, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom