The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
That's pretty well the last of the troop uniforms for the first release. There are still some officers uniforms and things that need to be done, but that's it for the strictly necessary troops.

Let the release date conspiracy begin.

The Hungarian and Croatian waist belts were thought to protect the gut from slashes. During the 30 Years War it was less ornately woven, and simply wrapped around the waist several times to give it thickness.

dutchguard.jpg

Ah, the Dutch Guard Grenadiers. I love these bastards.

By the way, Docm, on the old subject of wavy banners and colors... now that TLD is OSP and ported to Warband, couldn't you use their vertex shaders for L'Aigle?

These are new and may not be very fitting for the kind of flags in this mod, but some Rohan lances had animated banners too. Or you could ask Swyter, who made the new ones

Sir_Newton said:
Stop re-doing the uniforms before I have to turn down my battlesizer!
A part of getting better at making uniforms, is getting better at making them look good without making them more resource intensive.

Some questions , What Music era is included in this mod ,
If you are going to buy commision , Can you do  that if you buy ranks , then there will be some negative effects , and that it is really expensive , at that time a poor man made some pounds a year , a officers commision in the infantry cost 600.

Docm30 said:
That's pretty well the last of the troop uniforms for the first release. There are still some officers uniforms and things that need to be done, but that's it for the strictly necessary troops.
Good to here mate  :grin:

masterborn12 said:
Some questions , What Music era is included in this mod ,
If you are going to buy commision , Can you do  that if you buy ranks , then there will be some negative effects , and that it is really expensive , at that time a poor man made some pounds a year , a officers commision in the infantry cost 600.

Use. Search.

Docm30 said:
The Mod's Features:

-Drug use
-Prostitution
-Racism
-Genocide
-Prisoner torture and execution
-1880's music about the year 1812 in a mod that takes place in 1809
-Baloo from TaleSpin
-Undead J.S Bach
-Miley Cyrus
-Herring hussars
-Dolphin men
-Agovic companion
-Explosive grenadier hats
-Montenegro
-Illuminati

I'm confused, is this L'Aigle or South Park?

Besides that sillynes, fantastic work again with the uniforms! (Speaks in Hagrid's voice) You're a wizard, doc.

Docm30 said:
Vicccard said:
My regiment. Finally. Yeeeeeessssshhhhh!

You don't happen to have any information about the campaign uniforms of Dutch hussars, do you? Like the style of overalls they wore and whether or not they ever wore kinskis.

I've never read, heard, or seen anything that would suggest the Dutch hussars used the kinski. I don't think there were any troops that ever wore the kinski, troughout the period, except for maybe the Horse artillery of the Batavian Republic for a few years. (In case you want to know, they did, like most units, wore greatcoats, which were in the good old cavalry cloak style. For the 2nd, it was dark blue and the so-called 'great collar', which was the flap hanging down from the collar, could be closed with buttons. I'm sorry if I'm confusing, I'm not really good at translating 19th century Dutch uniform-terms in understandable English.)

Overalls...I did some research in a good book (secondary, but trustworthy) I got and the part about the Kingdom Holland doesn't speak about overalls for any cavalry regiments. It did say the 2nd simply kept using their old Batavian Republic uniforms (partly), so I opened that part, yet it only talks about the blue pantalon or broek, while it names other regiments as both having a broek and a Rijbroek with leather (and I guess they mean the overalls with that). Though, that's the early 1797 decrees and it gets a bit confusing between that and 1806, but overall (no pun intended) the overalls seem to be missing. Sorry. Nice Grenadiers by the way  :wink:

Oh, I did find out that the Culemborg M. 1807 musket you gave them wasn't issued to them until...22nd August 1809... And they were the first to get them.
And the gorget didn't have an eagle, but a small silver circle with the Royal Arms in it.I feel like such an ass giving all these corrections...sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom