The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murat ÖZCAN said:
ClearlyInvisible said:
220px-Edward_Bright.jpg

Bonus points to whoever guesses who that is.

Or this lad:

Marshall_Lambert.jpg

They're both Brits.

The first one is Edward Bright and the second one is Marshall Lambert :grin:

...You read the URLs didn't you.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/90/Edward_Bright.jpg/220px-Edward_Bright.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Marshall_Lambert.jpg

Docm30 said:
Anyway, here are some Dutch Hussars for those interested.

dutchhussars1.jpg

dutchhussars2.jpg

dutchhussars3.jpg
HussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussarsHussars
ExcellenceRecognition2.png

Co-incidence. The 1st was a small guard unit. The 3rd was in Spain at the time (or had allready become the new Guard hussars, can't remember the exact dates), so the 2nd is all that remains.

Docm30 said:
Get rid of that quote pyramid. Seriously. I don't want to see those images four times.

Anyway, here are some Dutch Hussars for those interested.

dutchhussars1.jpg

dutchhussars2.jpg

dutchhussars3.jpg

We are always interested in hussars. Absolutely wonderful.

ProneOyster said:
I like learning things; what are those "waist belts" called and their purpose?

If you mean the sash across the stomach, it's called a 'barrel sash' and was simply a part of the traditional Hungarian dress hussar uniforms were based on.

Vicccard said:
My regiment. Finally. Yeeeeeessssshhhhh!

You don't happen to have any information about the campaign uniforms of Dutch hussars, do you? Like the style of overalls they wore and whether or not they ever wore kinskis.

Also, I've redone the Guard Grenadiers to the standard of the newer French uniforms.

dutchguard.jpg

That's pretty well the last of the troop uniforms for the first release. There are still some officers uniforms and things that need to be done, but that's it for the strictly necessary troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom