The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivan the Awesome said:
Faultier said:
Enough of smalltalk about the weather, get a flask of whisky :grin:

Fun fact of the day: alcohol makes you feel warmer because it opens up the blood flow to your skin, which the body intentionally shut off to preserve body heat. The rush of warm blood feels good, but you actually are decreasing your core temperate and putting yourself at higher risk. The more you know...

Fun fact of they #2: While thou art under the influence of alcoholic beverages thou giveth no thoughts to how bad thine ways art for thou. (In non-silly English: Too drunk, didn't care.) And I must say that this is probably a point where someone needs to quote a preview :grin:

#revolutionaryiceland4newmontenegro

Docm30 said:
Getting lots done lately so here's a little bit of what I've made.

An Austrian field officer of the German grenadiers.

austrianfieldofficer.jpg

Hey Docm30, you posted a picture of the grenadier officer a long time back; after digging through your photobucket I can't seem to find any pictures of the ranker. Any chance we could sneak a peak of the Austrians in the near future? c:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but whatever.

Will there be support to create your own kingdom in the mod? I understand this mod is supposed to represent and showcase a specific conflict and the involved countries but I've always had some sort of odd desire to run my own nation in this era.

Say Docm, I've had a thought.

Could you set uniforms so that the 'facings' were actually a heraldic colour and then just assign Lords different colours? That way you'd allow for multiple regiments. I've seen it done so the changing colour is a solid block and only a part of the outfit.

Landgraft said:
Say Docm, I've had a thought.

Could you set uniforms so that the 'facings' were actually a heraldic colour and then just assign Lords different colours? That way you'd allow for multiple regiments. I've seen it done so the changing colour is a solid block and only a part of the outfit.

Wouldn't that require the facings to be an entirely different model? Using Britain as an example it was more than just the facings; regimental lace and the style and spacing of the buttons varied as well. Clever, but it strikes me as a little bit of a time waster for Docm. I'm sure that someone could code that into the mod if/when it is released. :razz:

generalred256 said:

Will there be support to create your own kingdom in the mod? I understand this mod is supposed to represent and showcase a specific conflict and the involved countries but I've always had some sort of odd desire to run my own nation in this era.

If I remember correctly, it's not removed but hasn't received any attention. It's basically as in native.

Joseph Graham said:
Wouldn't that require the facings to be an entirely different model? Using Britain as an example it was more than just the facings; regimental lace and the style and spacing of the buttons varied as well. Clever, but it strikes me as a little bit of a time waster for Docm. I'm sure that someone could code that into the mod if/when it is released. :razz:

Yes, but no-one cares about Britain and their regimental lace or buttons :razz:

Mostly I just want to do this for Austria, because that was a case where regiment was almost entirely determined by the facings.

Vicccard said:
generalred256 said:

If I remember correctly, it's not removed but hasn't received any attention. It's basically as in native.

doesn't that conflict with
dinnerblaster said:
None of those, 'cause you cannot own towns in this mod, remember?
BTW where did that come from, i just searched the thread and only saw Docm saying that he wants to change the system but nothing specific.

Vicccard said:
generalred256 said:

If that feature stays in, I'm going to "invade" as rogue general from somewhere in the Americas.

I, too, have contemplated roleplaying an American invasion of Europe. I hope Docm does something with kingdom management, it would kinda suck having all the awesome combat and civilian features and then just crappy native kingdom management. This is actually probably where Diplomacy would be the most help to the mod.

Docm30 said:
Planned Factions
Bold means it will be in the first release.
French Empire
Austrian Empire
United Kingdom
Russian Empire
Kingdom of Prussia
Confederation of the Rhine
Duchy of Warsaw
Kingdom of Holland
Kingdom of Italy
Kingdom of Naples

Swiss Confederation
Kingdom of Spain (Bonapartist)
Supreme Junta (Spanish Rebels)
Kingdom of Portugal
Denmark-Norway
Kingdom of Sweden
Ottoman Empire
Serb Rebels
Tirolean Rebels

I don't see any mention of America. Did Docm mention this to you individually or is it just rumour mongering? :s

Joseph Graham said:
#revolutionaryiceland4newmontenegro

Docm30 said:
Getting lots done lately so here's a little bit of what I've made.

An Austrian field officer of the German grenadiers.

austrianfieldofficer.jpg

Hey Docm30, you posted a picture of the grenadier officer a long time back; after digging through your photobucket I can't seem to find any pictures of the ranker. Any chance we could sneak a peak of the Austrians in the near future? c:

Joseph Graham said:
Docm30 said:
Planned Factions
Bold means it will be in the first release.
French Empire
Austrian Empire
United Kingdom
Russian Empire
Kingdom of Prussia
Confederation of the Rhine
Duchy of Warsaw
Kingdom of Holland
Kingdom of Italy
Kingdom of Naples

Swiss Confederation
Kingdom of Spain (Bonapartist)
Supreme Junta (Spanish Rebels)
Kingdom of Portugal
Denmark-Norway
Kingdom of Sweden
Ottoman Empire
Serb Rebels
Tirolean Rebels

I don't see any mention of America. Did Docm mention this to you individually or is it just rumour mongering? :s

They mean as if they had come from America and were invading Europe.

djogloc02 said:
The American Invasion would be a kingdom created by the player to conquer Europe.

Perhaps, but what units would you use? I think any attempt at modding would stain the game with un-perfectly textured skins.

Yeah, sub-modding is gonna be hard as I think there isn't anybody can keep up with the same quality, it would look weird, or like a popular saying from my country "like a butterfly on a male horse genital".  :grin:

How about a bet people? Write down a number and  the one that comes the closest to the forum page when the mod is going to be released wins.

Mine is 1456

Bluehawk said:
1, because the announcement will be added to the original post.

Nope i mean how many pages the thread is going to have on release day. So i guess youre already out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom