The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RanGer_SLO said:
joakimv1 said:
Why not add miley cyrus? So you can encounter her in an 19th ****ury night club and have a talk!

*miley cyrus has been knocked unconscious by player*

"DIE ALREADY!"
funniest thing I've read this year on the forums

This mod will become a very spectacular achievement, Everything looks so professional its unbelievable.  :shock:

I ask you this though, if this mod becomes a great success will you consider starting a kickstarter to maby create your own game based on the single player aspect?

or do you think you will be able to come to an agreement with Taleworlds to give you the resource's to create a single player expansion pack for NW based off this amazing mod?

Anyway I hope you have a great Christmas and new year and I hope for the best for this mod. 

Bluehawk said:
Watch him model and texture a lump of coal just for you.

Best thing I've read on the forums all year.

Well probably not, but damned if I can remember any of it. Just a few beasts squawking over release dates and an imagined betrayal.

L'Aigle Christmas carrol, featuring Scrooge McRecruit, Docm30 and multiple quest stars

Once upon a time in the internet, there was a discussion board in the Taleworld street called 'L'Aigle - Napoleonic warfare', where evil Scrooge McRecruit filled the discussion with constant bombing of begs for release dates, new screens, spam and hate, all pointed towards the creator of the mod, Docm30. Docm30 was a poor little fellow, working on multiple jobs and having little free time, he drained all that was left of his energy into creating the most ambitious total conversion ever made for any "Mount and Blade" game.

This, however, didn't move McRecruit slighest, who day after day returned to the forum, to remind Docm for missing the 2013 deadline, and beggin for more content and release dates. Docm's constant prayers for stopping the spam didn't have any effect on him. For McRecruit, it was all 'humbug'.

It was the day before Christmas. McRecruit once again returned home from filling the thread with bull**** content. There he drank a full 1,5 l bottle of sugar free cola in one gulp, and went straight to bed.

That night, things started to happen...

He woke up. It was still night and moon filled the sky with it's light. He was about to fall asleep again, when suddenly, he heared a strange noice. He rose from the bed and checked the next room(that was his parent's bedroom, he still lived in their three-room apartement). There was nothing suspicious there, so he went back to his room. When he'd closed his room's door, he realized that there was a hovering black guy with red sunglasses and a grimace in front of him. He gazed at the figure in terror, but then it started to talk: "Do not fear me, I am here to help you." "Who are you, and what do you want?" asked McRecruit shaking. "I am mr.master, the thread's first commenter and I'm going to take you back to the early steps of the thread to let you see, how it was back then."

Before McRecruit could even say anything, mr.master grapped his hand and they flew in the air through time and ages and landed in the year 2011. There McRecruit could see, how it was. Docm was full of energy and passion for his newborn mod, people were cheering and supporting the mod with pleasant words. There he also saw many old and beloved commenters that have since moved along and vanished like LtSpearing, OrangeKnight, TDM, mikkel the great and Mitchel, and he sure came in tears from seeing all those ol' chaps after such a long time. Even all the Montenegro **** seemed innocent, when compared to everything he had done in recent times.

Before he could realize it, McRectuit found himself at his own room again. Then he heared a voice again. Suddenly, behind his back turned up another figure. It was Vicccard in his full Napoleonic costume. Before McRecruit could get a word out of his mouth, said Vicccard: "I'm Vicccard, the old and active commenter, and more than aware of the thread's current situation, which I'm about to show you."

So grapped Vicccard McRecruit's hand and he flew again, but not as far as last time. There Vicccard showed him the thread, which was full of spam, out of context nonsense and marathons of repeating questions, Balkanic nationalism and insults towards Docm. Then Vicccard grapped McRecruit's hand again, and they flew all the way to Canada, to see how Docm was doing. McRecruit was shocked by what he saw. There he was, Docm, in bed, suffering in pain from a head cold with a half drunk bottle of booze in his hand and multiple jobs breathing in his neck. 3D max had bugged again last night and his full in-scale reconstruction of Moskov had vanished into the sea of bits. Suddenly, he moved from the bed and walked slowly to his mid-end laptop, that was clearly in need of updating, to check the thread. After his pisspoor internet connection managed to open the page, all McRecruit noticed was a tear that streamed from Docm's eye.

McRecruit could not watch this sight anymore, and eyes shut in agony he begged for Vicccard to take him away. He opened his eyes and in the place of Vicccard there was Agovic. "W-w-w what do you want..?" McRecruit asked, stuttering. Agovic answered: "I'm here to show you, what you and I have been making reality for years now. I'm gonna show you the future of the mod." So, also Agovic grapped McRecruit's hand and they flew throught the air. When landed, McRecruit noticed how strange the place looked. Agovic explained, that before he could see the future, sure he had to show him his glorious nation Montenegro and tell all about how it won the Battle of Normandy, Stalingrad and Iwo Jima in ww2 and liberated Yugoslavia single handedly.

After countless hours of bizarre nationalism, they were on the move again and they landed in the year 2014, where Docm had just posted his comment where he told he had cancelled the mod because of the community's behavior and attitude. A machine gun fire of despair and anger filled the thread, and there were even some like the (sort of) newcommer dinnerblaster, who didn't see any reason to live anymore and rather just shot his brains out.

If dinnerblaster's brains lying on the floor weren't disturbing a sight already, then Agovic showed him Docm who was on the toilet naked and drunk, playing his sad sounding out of tune quitar, vomitting now and then and feeling no reason to feel joy again. Agovic also showed McRecruit how he had gotten killed by an overrun lawnmower.

McRecruit screamed in agony, willing to do anything to make the sight go away. Then suddenly, he woke up and realised, that it was Christmas morning, he was in his bed and in present time. He ran in joy to the forums, greeting everyone and showing most deep respect towards Docm for his magnificent hard work, forgave him for missing the promised 2013 release date and never asked for mp or release date oriented question again.

And from that day forward, if the thread didn't end up completely sober, at least Docm didn't end up as pissed because of it anymore.

The end.

I quess it's sort of late to say merry Christmas, so, Happy holidays and New Year everyone! Sorry for potential linguistical errors, I wrote this very late, very fast. And plz, this is half a satire, so let's try to learn something from it :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom