The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivan the Awesome said:
I wonder how effective a big halberd like that would have been in combat. Would the guys just say "screw this" and take out their swords, or pick up a dead mans musket if the going got close and personal, or would they be able to hold their own with something so slow and clumsy looking.

Why not use the halberd, why would it be clumsy? Halberds were very popular and efficient weapons in medieval warfare, especially late medieval when firearms were making their appearance. It doesn't suddenly become useless because of the invention of flintlock muskets.
I've experienced this attitude before, my friend didn't believe my crossbow was a deadly weapon, his reasoning? Because we have guns now.

I'm sure i would not want to get hit by one of those things, if you didn't mind breaking a hand too stop it.
Also i found a cool pic of this cavalier holding one.

anderson_galleries_a_standing_cavalier_holding_a_halberd_13530167285711.jpg

guys modder has not posted in 4 hours, is mod dead?

that was a joke, take your Valium

lukesky36 said:
I'm sure i would not want to get hit by one of those things, if you didn't mind breaking a hand too stop it.

breaking your hand? presumably you think your hand is made of steel and can block the swing from what is essentially a hefted axe.

nilloc93 said:
guys modder has not posted in 4 hours, is mod dead?

that was a joke, take your Valium

lukesky36 said:

breaking your hand? presumably you think your hand is made of steel and can block the swing from what is essentially a hefted axe.

*Image of a lawn mower*

Does someone know off the top of their head the Senior Commisioned Officer's uniforms if any are complete, and the corresponding page number.

I'm going to dress all my companions in the most dandy uniform I can lay my hands on, arm them with those halberds and pretend I'm the pope.

Yay, it's the independence day of Finland, and what's a better way to celebrate than watching the most sense making scene from everyone's favourite Napoleonic war epic, 'Sven Tuuva', with rapturous critics praising in delight, like here:

Docm30 said:
That may have been the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Prometheus.

Enjoy :razz:

Now seriously speaking, I've wanted to ask this for some time now. How historically accurate those Russian officer uniforms are? I am usually blind to anachronism when it comes to the equipement, but even to me those look like too modern. Then again, I don't know, could someone enlighten me up? The film takes place during the summer of 1808 and at least another of those guys is supposed to be a captain.

nilloc93 said:
I imagine could could stop yourself being hit by a halberd by grabbing/blocking the handle near the blade, but if you have time to do that you have time to do something nasty to them. So I don't see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom