The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an suggestion, i dont know if this has been asked before, but i dont feel like going through 1000 pages to find it if someone already asked.

My suggestion is that the players can buy farms and have workers, and make it able to hire more workers and extend the farm.

It would really be cool to have farms supplying the army!

Docm30 said:
dinnerblaster said:
First, I cross my fingers for card games and gambling being in the mod. Second, would it be possible to live in villages as a peasant and\or own a farm or smthng, like do "normal" work for living such as woodcutting in 1805 II?

Third, as you are creating this groundbreakingly diverce sandbox epic taking place during the time of muskets and you use the same music in ur videos, has Barry Lyndon inspired you and your mod, and if has, in what degree and way?

There will be gambling of some form. I don't know about menial labour, though.

I don't know if Barry Lyndon has inspired me except in the way that I'm inspired by all art I'm exposed to. It's one of my favourite movies and I think probably Kubrick's best (even if The Shining is my all-time favourite movie), but I can't think of a specific way it has inspired the mod. Except maybe all the duels.

RoboSenshi said:
Is the number of men that you have in your party solely determined by your rank or by your renown/leadership/charisma or a little bit of both? For example would it be possible to have really low stats then purchase a high rank and be able to immediately lead 200 men?

Party size is determined by rank and leadership skill. Purchasing a high rank will give you a significant party size.

SeanBeansShako said:
Which capital city will you show us next?

Which ever one I do next, I guess. The Smoke, maybe.

Docm, are you sure you're going to release the game in 2013? So you have only a few days ...  :roll: :roll:

Sorry to say I do not trust at all that will come out this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

joakimv1 said:
Just an suggestion, i dont know if this has been asked before, but i dont feel like going through 1000 pages to find it if someone already asked.

My suggestion is that the players can buy farms and have workers, and make it able to hire more workers and extend the farm.

It would really be cool to have farms supplying the army!
i agree but it also could have more than farms like places than can create weapons for you troops ammunitons and this stuffs

It comes out when it comes out... We really can't control it so just be patient and wait. Does it matter if it comes out in a few days or a few months? I'd rather it be done well then be done worse mate  :grin:

Docm30 might have something in store for us on Christmas Eve. Let's not nag on him, please let him focus on the mod :smile:

zois said:
i got a tingling sensation that when the mod is finaly coming out the number of recruits asking for the release date will be too damn hight.
Indeed.

Ironic because I'm a recruit but this is not my main acc  :smile:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately thought of the moon floating over Vivec when I read that.

Hazzardevil said:
I'm guessing we get a custom battle release or some such, but now I'm guessing. Am I going to be dragged away to the ministry of truth?

No, but to the room 101 of the ministry of love, where Agovic awaits to enlight you with every bit of detail of the glorious nation of ********** 'til you break :grin:

Thvle said:
Docm, are you sure you're going to release the game in 2013? So you have only a few days ...  :roll: :roll:

Sorry to say I do not trust at all that will come out this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Over three weeks is not "a few days".

Sarel said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately thought of the moon floating over Vivec when I read that.

Naturally!

Epicrules said:
Thvle said:

Over three weeks is not "a few days".
there is 26 days until the year end i guess everyone can wait these days for know if the mod is gonna release this year

A whole lot unnecessary attention is being paid to an arbitrary end of the calendar. A lightening surge isn't going to wipe out the mod at midnight if it's not forwarded to the internet first. The trailer made a reasonable guess, and a nice vague one too, but it's not a legally binding contract; no studio is going to pull the funding or go out of business. It doesn't matter.

Back to the subject of medieval polearms, Russian NCOs now have their halberds.

I went with a yellow shaft as it matches the most regiments. The Pavlovsk and parts of the Preobrazhenski regiments used yellow shafts, as did several other grenadier and musketeer regiments.

czna.jpg

The NCO's uniform has the wrong cartridge box, but I don't think I can be bothered to work any more on those old, rubbish uniforms. I think it'll have to wait till I redo the Russian uniforms.

And I'm going to be so busy for the rest of December that I wouldn't have time to properly enjoy it anyway!

Honestly you people, there's not going to be some self imposed crunchtime as Docm feverishly tries to fight off the New Year. I have no doubt that there'll be commitments at this time whether they're family or whatever, and its better that you should think of how you intend to finish 2013 than howl over an unfinished mod. There'll be plenty of time for that when code-season begins again.

Also while I posted: A neat little polearm! Funny to see you calling those uniforms rubbish, when in the world of modding they look so fine.

My only concern is that your ever-improving skills lead to a self-destructive cycle of continually fixing the oldest uniforms, because the ones you did more recently now look better.

I wonder how effective a big halberd like that would have been in combat. Would the guys just say "screw this" and take out their swords, or pick up a dead mans musket if the going got close and personal, or would they be able to hold their own with something so slow and clumsy looking.

I reckon he'd continue to use that halberd regardless of a better weapons presence. I've held one of those before and it's surprisingly light (of course I wasn't allowed to swing it around, lest I accidentally cleave someone in twain), similar in weight to a danish bearded axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom