The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably my single-most anticipated mod of all time and I've played countless since the early M&B Beta days.  The years of silent anticipation as I've watched this mod progress are getting to me.  I've been quietly visiting this thread nearly every day for the past couple years to check the progress, crossing my fingers for a release, and I'm not sure how many more teaser pics or trailers I can view without losing my mind. :razz:

Docm30 said:
Why not? Napoleon very nearly died to a spontoon. At Toulon a British sergeant jammed his into Napoleon's thigh, presumably just missing the arteries.
I was referring to massed spontoon and halberd formations, my mistake for not making it clear.

Hazzardevil said:
Docm30 said:
Why not? Napoleon very nearly died to a spontoon. At Toulon a British sergeant jammed his into Napoleon's thigh, presumably just missing the arteries.
I was referring to massed spontoon and halberd formations, my mistake for not making it clear.

Milita still used Pikes pretty often, mass polearm tactics were still in use.

I've come to the realization that this thread has become a religion almost.

Think about it: Asking about release dates and reserving regiments is heresy, talking about M&M is like Satanism, and Docm is a god.

Not that I really care, but it's interesting to note.

Docm by his will hath made an modification, to bestow upon wretched and ungrateful souls such as ourselves.
And behold, yon ****posters enter here, to announce their foolishness, ingratitude, and hatred.
ONLY BY ADHERENCE TO ON-TOPIC DISCUSSION, AND WEEKLY SCREENSHOT ADORATION, SHALL ANY BE SAVED FROM THE PITCHFORK PURGE WHICH SHALT COME.

The "blabbing" that goes on is free bumps, and it keeps this mod up at the top of WIP mods list. And, it's working, by bringing new people to watch the mod production, regardless if they say "wen can haz releez pl0x." We're doing our job of talking, mostly on-topic, about the mod, and as I said, provides bumps to the thread, and keeps it up on le top'eth.

kpetschulat said:
The "blabbing" that goes on is free bumps, and it keeps this mod up at the top of WIP mods list. And, it's working, by bringing new people to watch the mod production, regardless if they say "wen can haz releez pl0x." We're doing our job of talking, mostly on-topic, about the mod, and as I said, provides bumps to the thread, and keeps it up on le top'eth.

True. And there was a time when the thread was truly ****ed up by M&M, Montenegro and other out of context crap and it had to be locked from time to time. Novadays, dare I say, discussion is mostly civil, so we can handle some singular recruits like adults.

kpetschulat said:

Counter point, this mod might be in the top ten Mod Of The Year Most Wanted category for Mod DB. Reading some of the stuff posted in this thread can be quite painful at times for those just wanting information about said mod progress.

SeanBeansShako said:
kpetschulat said:

Counter point, this mod might be in the top ten Mod Of The Year Most Wanted category for Mod DB. Reading some of the stuff posted in this thread can be quite painful at times for those just wanting information about said mod progress.
i will agree, even i that have been here for a year (god....) i find it rather disturbing to keep up. But it is fun just to sit back and watch you guys talking about everything i dont know :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom