The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that aside, however, what country has high school exams in August?

An Australian school does and for your information I just sat a German Examination and in forty minutes a HPE examination

kpetschulat said:
Captain_Fozzington said:
Also, how has nobody raged over this yet:
silentdeath838 said:
Actually no I did not. But I am trying to add some historical background to it.

I actually laughed at this a little bit.

Trust me. I have too. I've been sitting back with a box of popcorn enjoying the new blockbuster, "Silentdeath838 Knows All!"

There is no capital S

Rangerplus10 said:
Docm30 said:
If anything 'unfolds' I'll lock this thread again.

Don't call people stupid here. If you have a problem with what someone says, address what they say, don't just insult them.
I was going to continue the rant, but then I read the locking bit. :smile:

Same here.

So...that orange cockade thing...Will there be a hat with it?

Will there be Norweigan Ski troops for Denmark-Norway?  :razz:
Skielober_1801.jpg
(Illustration from 1801)

Docm30 said:
Vicccard said:

Would there have been anyone in the world wearing one in 1809?

Well....No. But you'll have my eternal love and gratitude!

Then again, if the Orange-Nassau guys aren't in the mod as 'rightful king in exile', there's no real point in having it.

Vicccard said:
Docm30 said:
Vicccard said:

Would there have been anyone in the world wearing one in 1809?

Well....No. But you'll have my eternal love and gratitude!

Then again, if the Orange-Nassau guys aren't in the mod as 'rightful king in exile', there's no real point in having it.
There was no 'rightfull king' to the Netherlands prior to 1813.

Docm30 said:
Single quotes like that usually imply that it's something believed by others, but not oneself.

Anyway, there was a rightful king in 1809, and his name was Louis Bonaparte.
Do I hear pitchforks being sharpened? :smile: All this talk about the Oranges is hitting a blank spot on my history; I only know Dutch history around the 80 years war. Looks like I am going to have to do a bit more reading.

Docm30 said:
Anyway, there was a rightful king in 1809, and his name was Louis Bonaparte.

Quite so. I've always wondered what would have happened if there still was a Kingdom of Holland ruled by Louis in 1813. After all, he was popular with the Dutch, far more then Napoleon was. And the Orange-Nassau kings, for that matter. I just wanted the orange cockade for fun. Ah well, I can always ask someone to slightly alter an existing hat (Should have thought of that earlier).

askuaninja said:
Swissky said:
Skielober_1801.jpg
(Illustration from 1801)

I really hope they will be. Norway gets no love  :sad:
Thats because that there wheren't many norwegian regiments most norwegians that enlisted in the army, became soldiers in danish regiments.

askuaninja said:
Swissky said:
Skielober_1801.jpg
(Illustration from 1801)

I really hope they will be. Norway gets no love  :sad:
I doubt it. Remember the post about how if the AI cannot do it, it will likely not be implemented. Imagine what ski troops would look like on flat ground or uphill; They would be gliding everywhere and it would be very weird.

They're well known? what's the point in having anything in L'Aigle if not troops?

Anyway, here's a little bit of what I've been working on.

The lighting is rubbish and really holds back interior scenes, but there's nothing I can do about that. The game will never have decent shadows.

dv2q.jpg

Bonus points to whoever can identify those men. Hopefully it's obvious, but the faces in the game are very difficult to make look like real people.

Beethoven and Bach?

I do think you should go with one of the face mods. It'll add more human looking features, plus it'll compliment your textures nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom