The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adorno said:
Danish troops? So we can be mocked  :sad:
(I'm sure it's been discussed but Danish troops seem superfluous as they played no part at this point).
The danish king gave the french a support army of 10-13 thousand men called, "Det Danske Auxiliærkorps" (The Danish auxiliary Corps), and they fought in about 10 battles in the end of the napoleonic wars, so the danes did play a role, not a big one, but still. P.s 13 thousand troops is ALOT.

Docm30 said:
The Confederation of the Rhine has to be one faction for gameplay reasons. A number of small states can't organise and are thus useless, militarily speaking.

So we will be able to recruit different regional troops in every region of the Rhine confederation or can we upgrade them to regional troops?

For example:
confed. Rhine Militia -> Line Inf of Bavaria/ Line Inf of Bavaria Badenia/ Line Inf of Bavaria Westphalia

Faultier said:
Docm30 said:
The Confederation of the Rhine has to be one faction for gameplay reasons. A number of small states can't organise and are thus useless, militarily speaking.

So we will be able to recruit different regional troops in every region of the Rhine confederation or can we upgrade them to regional troops?

For example:
confed. Rhine Militia -> Line Inf of Bavaria/ Line Inf of Bavaria Badenia/ Line Inf of Bavaria Westphalia

I think the way it will work (Don't quote me on this) is that the Confederation has a conglomerate of various troops from the members of the Confederation, the troops you recruit in the north will be the same in the south.

Yeah. The Rhenish heavy cavalry will be from one nation, the line infantry from another, the jaegers from still another, etc.

Valentin XI said:
Adorno said:
(I'm sure it's been discussed but Danish troops seem superfluous as they played no part at this point).
The danish king gave the french a support army of 10-13 thousand men called, "Det Danske Auxiliærkorps" (The Danish auxiliary Corps), and they fought in about 10 battles in the end of the napoleonic wars, so the Danes did play a role, not a big one, but still. P.s 13 thousand troops is ALOT.
Oh, that had completely slipped my mind.

Adorno said:
Valentin XI said:
Adorno said:
The danish king gave the french a support army of 10-13 thousand men called, "Det Danske Auxiliærkorps" (The Danish auxiliary Corps), and they fought in about 10 battles in the end of the napoleonic wars, so the Danes did play a role, not a big one, but still. P.s 13 thousand troops is ALOT.
Oh, that had completely slipped my mind.
Well its not a commom thing to know either.  :grin:

Docm30 said:
The Duchy of Warsaw existed as an independent nation from its founding by Napoleon in 1807 to its dissolution in 1815 by the Congress of Vienna.

The Duchy of Warsaw was not independent it was ruled by Napoleon but before the first invasion of Prussia the Duchy of Warsaw was ruled by Prussia and the Confederation of the Rhine yes it would in a campaign have problems for the gameplay but think of it this way, did Gebhard von Blucher Prince of Wahlstatt complain when he had to deal with pretty much all the remaining German states.

Vicccard said:
The Duchy of Warsaw had been freed from Prussia and Austria as early as 1807. The Confederation of the Rhine also included Westphalia, and I don't recall that being in southern Germany.

If my Geography serves me right Westphalia is right in the middle of the Western border. So you can not say that it is not in the south and you can not say that it is not in the North either.

Epicrules said:
Then please, for the love of god, read the WHOLE post on the front page, and use the modify button to edit your posts instead of making many consecutive ones.
For the love of God I do not have the time for this I am a grade 9 kid with exams coming up so I can not read the whole thing and also I just started using this thing so I still have not got the whole thing yet.

I hate to be a **** about it, most of this thread is a handful of people constantly nit-picking every poster for etiquette but the OP isn't that long. It takes maybe 10 minutes to read it.

silentdeath838 said:
Epicrules said:
Then please, for the love of god, read the WHOLE post on the front page, and use the modify button to edit your posts instead of making many consecutive ones.
For the love of God I do not have the time for this I am a grade 9 kid with exams coming up so I can not read the whole thing and also I just started using this thing so I still have not got the whole thing yet.
Why the **** do you join a forum community if you don't have the time to read a thread OP?

Bluehawk said:
At the time the mod is set, they're in the middle of a long and grueling war with Sweden and Britain.

Grueling in the sense that not much happened.
The Danish Auxiliary Corps was secret and was first know of others than Denmark and France after the war, so the danes did not play that big of a role, but thats the great thing about this mod, you can "change" the course of actions and maybe take over the hole of Europe with Denmark. :grin:

silentdeath838 said:
The Duchy of Warsaw was not independent it was ruled by Napoleon but before the first invasion of Prussia the Duchy of Warsaw was ruled by Prussia and the Confederation of the Rhine yes it would in a campaign have problems for the gameplay but think of it this way, did Gebhard von Blucher Prince of Wahlstatt complain when he had to deal with pretty much all the remaining German states.

Although Napoleon exerted a great deal of influence over the Duchy, he didn't rule it. Not officially, at least. It was ruled by Frederick Augustus, Duke of Warsaw and King of Saxony. The Duchy was never ruled by Prussia because it was only created in 1807 by Napoleon out of former territories taken from Prussia and Austria.

Regarding the Rheinbund, gameplay is always king.

A. Protokletos said:
Yeah. The Rhenish heavy cavalry will be from one nation, the line infantry from another, the jaegers from still another, etc.

That's more or less how it is.

By the way, Rhenish is an abomination of a word. Why are people using it all of a sudden?

Docm30 said:
silentdeath838 said:

Although Napoleon exerted a great deal of influence over the Duchy, he didn't rule it. Not officially, at least. It was ruled by Frederick Augustus, Duke of Warsaw and King of Saxony. The Duchy was never ruled by Prussia because it was only created in 1807 by Napoleon out of former territories taken from Prussia and Austria.
Prussia invaded Poland the not quite then named Duchy of Warsaw it was simply called Poland and as a step after the Seven Years War where Russia used Poland as a base to strike into Prussia, the Prussians invaded and tried to successfully subdue the inhabitants a thing that Gebhard von Blucher did not help with by killing and torturing anyone who harmed his soldiers.

fn0fQv4.png

Congrat's Docm30, we're going forward to the 800k clicks  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom