The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
There are walled cities in the mod, though. Ratisbon is the most significant example. The ancient walls were scaled with ladders by the French in 1809. Smolensk has walls, too, and there are probably a few others.

Given then that most won't, how are we to defend them?

1809-10: New French Capital: London

New British Capital: Paris

How will the AI perform, and will the geopolitics of the module's map become as messed up as demonstrated in the above?

Omega_007 said:

How will the AI perform, and will the geopolitics of the module's map become as messed up as demonstrated in the above?

I've wondered the same. I'm not exactly looking forward to seeing a Prussian Toulouse, a Danish Paris or a Polish Madrid. Can't say I'm not preparing for it  :wink:

Vicccard said:
Omega_007 said:

I've wondered the same. I'm not exactly looking forward to seeing a Prussian Toulouse, a Danish Paris or a Polish Madrid. Can't say I'm not preparing for it  :wink:
I'm looking forward to a danish Paris  :mrgreen:

Before you take it the wrong way a I think that you have a really good idea in the fact that you are making a Napoleonic single-player mod for Mount and Blade Warband. What I am posting this for is the fact that you have so add or subtract a few factions from your factions list, in your factions list you have listed down the Duchy of Warsaw which during the Napoleonic wars was part of the Kingdom of Prussia, the Confederation of the Rhine or the Rhenish Confederacy was a grouping of South German kingdoms all joined in an alliance with France, which means that if you want an accurate retelling you will need to possibly split up these kingdoms and make them all just in the game but with an alliance with France that could possibly be done with the Diplomacy mod, just a suggestion and trust me I know this subject really well as I studied one of my ancestors who fought with the Austrians as a Major General so do not think about claiming I know nothing.

The Duchy of Warsaw existed as an independent nation from its founding by Napoleon in 1807 to its dissolution in 1815 by the Congress of Vienna.

The Confederation of the Rhine has to be one faction for gameplay reasons. A number of small states can't organise and are thus useless, militarily speaking.

silentdeath838 said:
Before you take it the wrong way a I think that you have a really good idea in the fact that you are making a Napoleonic single-player mod for Mount and Blade Warband. What I am posting this for is the fact that you have so add or subtract a few factions from your factions list, in your factions list you have listed down the Duchy of Warsaw which during the Napoleonic wars was part of the Kingdom of Prussia, the Confederation of the Rhine or the Rhenish Confederacy was a grouping of South German kingdoms all joined in an alliance with France, which means that if you want an accurate retelling you will need to possibly split up these kingdoms and make them all just in the game but with an alliance with France that could possibly be done with the Diplomacy mod, just a suggestion and trust me I know this subject really well as I studied one of my ancestors who fought with the Austrians as a Major General so do not think about claiming I know nothing.

The Duchy of Warsaw had been freed from Prussia and Austria as early as 1807. The Confederation of the Rhine also included Westphalia, and I don't recall that being in southern Germany.

GOD-DAMNED PEOPLE, CAN'T YOU JUST GIVE ME THIS ONE CORRECTION! Uuuuuugggghhhhhh  :lol:

Speaking of sieges, I'm so gonna NOT get involved in those. Sieges ain't the business of hussar officers. Well, except for talking them into surrender, of course.

Speaking of sieges how are "native castles" going to be handled? If possible you could have a system where instead of castle's you had small towns. So on the map there would be towns (like native), villages (like native) and small towns (instead of castles).

Vicccard said:
Speaking of sieges, I'm so gonna NOT get involved in those. Sieges ain't the business of hussar officers. Well, except for talking them into surrender, of course.
Well since most of the cities aren't going to be walled, cavalry could actually do quite well as long as they can keep their horses in the mod unlike native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom