The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadVader said:
Actually, that's how Mount and Blade works and all of its derivatives.

Well, I couldn't tell in any other game than WFaS. Mount and Blade and Warband are both fictional worlds, whereas WFaS is based in Europe during the late 1600s to early 1700s. WFaS also featured real music from the nations of that time, including hymns, marches, and folk tunes. So, I've only realized it in WFaS, which lead me to say what I did.

I don't think I remember WFAS using songs from that time, even though some songs are in the style of that century almost all of the music they use is from Warband (unless I missed some update or something). In my version it uses the music from the time and the film Ogniem i mieczem but that's because I put it in there.

KT_Lawrence said:
This has prop already been answered but is the mele system any different from the poop system in nw?
kpetschulat said:
Well, you have an up and down stab for muskets with a bayonet, and melee butt attacks for left and right for muskets.
What's the difference other than butt attack which is unfavorably inefficient comparing to stab stab ?

MadVader said:
Docm30 said:
Well, as I said, the system for having different music in the territory of different factions doesn't actually work.
How's that?

Because when it uses the or town_ or travel_ songs it seems to just choose randomly from them. For example, I put a Beethoven song in the Sarranid (i.e. Russia) travel music and no where else, yet it plays sometimes near French towns. Seems to do the same with all faction specific music. I haven't changed the music in any way other than the file it uses, and obviously the module flag.

Ililsa said:
It really doesn't seem like Docm's going for a nationalistic tone though, which is actually making me pretty interested in how the music will form some of the tone of the mod.

The only place I see fitting for nationalistic music is the lords' halls. I'll see about getting some national anthems in there, although not every faction had such an anthem, so you'd have to settle for things like La Marseillaise and Grom Pobedy.

TheOrest007 said:
Docm do you have any new pictures of the polish lancers? I would love to see them :grin:.

No, I do not.

Docm30 said:
MadVader said:
Docm30 said:
Well, as I said, the system for having different music in the territory of different factions doesn't actually work.
How's that?

Because when it uses the or town_ or travel_ songs it seems to just choose randomly from them. For example, I put a Beethoven song in the Sarranid (i.e. Russia) travel music and no where else, yet it plays sometimes near French towns. Seems to do the same with all faction specific music. I haven't changed the music in any way other than the file it uses, and obviously the module flag.
That's because you are Sarranid/Russian. The music code plays travel music also according to your culture. Remove that piece of code to have a purely territorial music.
      (else_try),
        (eq, ":situation", mtf_sit_travel),
        (call_script, "script_get_culture_with_party_faction_for_music", "p_main_party"),
        (val_or, ":culture", reg0),
        (call_script, "script_get_closest_center", "p_main_party"),
        (call_script, "script_get_culture_with_party_faction_for_music", reg0),
        (val_or, ":culture", reg0),

Docm30 said:
The only place I see fitting for nationalistic music is the lords' halls. I'll see about getting some national anthems in there, although not every faction had such an anthem, so you'd have to settle for things like La Marseillaise and Grom Pobedy.

Le Chant du Départ would also work well for France, considering of course that it was the anthem of the First Empire.

Despite being completed some time after the end of the Napoleonic Wars, do you have any intention of including Ode to Joy from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony? I'm aware that it falls outside the time period, however it is truly a fantastic piece of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjXHgM0kaM

Doc if I donate you 500000 baguettes , could I have a sailor avatar like yours on Taleworlds ?

Men, 50 pages ago we talked about historical corectnes of uniforms. Now we are talking about music?  :neutral:

To my mind, music isn't as important for the game as the gameplay itself.  :roll:

Uh oh, shut down all conversation, we can only talk about what Vorpo wants to talk about. You know, despite aspects of gameplay being discussed a thousand times in the past as it becomes relevant or as new information is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom