The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Temuzu said:
Jonas_Quintt said:
Hey Doc, are you going to add more civilians? It would be cool too walk in a city, fill with people maybe also soldiers :smile: because in normal warband there is like Non:razz: sry for ly bad english btw.
Should be a "simple" thing to do.

I would love to see hundreds of civilians aswell.
Europe 1805 v2 already has an option to set the number of "town walkers".

Mack. said:
Docm30 said:
DanyEle said:
This might have been already asked, but i've got a clue. While laying siege either to a fortress or a city, do you need to create a breach then storm it with your soldiers to capture the town? If yes, is a demolition system for walls planned or already in?

If it's got walls, you'll probably need to batter them down.

That, with NPC controlled artillery. Oh jesus, can't wait.

Works pretty well in TOTSK. It's a bit inaccurate but it gets the job done.

So, on the topic of the artillery inclusion, are there going to be different ammo types for the guns? Round, Percussion, Canister? Or, is it going to be one universal type of ammunition?

kpetschulat said:
So, on the topic of the artillery inclusion, are there going to be different ammo types for the guns? Round, Percussion, Canister? Or, is it going to be one universal type of ammunition?
Docm30 said:
Canister would be a great addition if DrTomas decides to add it, but for now there isn't any. There's a chance I can hammer xenoargh's shotgun code into the artillery to get some, but it's unlikely.

The artillery in Twilight of the Sun King fires explosive shells. The artillery code is essentially hit-scan, so the gun picks a target, a random amount of deviation is added, and then the ground explodes and kills anything in a radius. There's no actual projectile in flight.

Jonas_Quintt said:
Hey Doc, are you going to add more civilians? It would be cool too walk in a city, fill with people maybe also soldiers :smile: because in normal warband there is like Non:razz: sry for ly bad english btw. 2 question: When you are in a battle, are you able to use many formations, like 1 line, or double ranks not like in the video but the guy is strait infront of the rear rank, and maybe triple ranks? Would be cool

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Anyway, here are some more Italians. Cacciatori a Cavallo, specifically.

italianchasseurs1.jpg

italianchasseurs2.jpg

I doubt anyone cares about these guys, though. I know I don't. Nothing against the Italians, but a slightly modified French uniform with an ugly czapka doesn't do it for me.

Never liked Czapkas.

Why did this unit wear them? Did they just think they looked fancy? They're certainly not lancers.
I'm guessing they're either a complete equivalent of the chasseurs a cheval, as their name suggests, or some sort of mounted infantry.

do we have any information of who though of these squared hats? and based to what where the uniforms created? did they had some sort of special department responsible for the design of the gear and clothes?

Wonderfoul job as alwais doc :grin:

I think czapkas range from bloody brilliant (like the guard Polish Chevaux-legers one) to really silly (like Italian and Austrian ones).

They are, as the name suggests, the same sort of light cavalry as the French chasseurs (I wish English had a word equivalent to Chasseur/Cazadore/Jaeger. Neither chaser nor hunter cut it). Why they wore czapkas is anybody's guess, but Polish style was in vogue at the time.

zois said:
do we have any information of who though of these squared hats? and based to what where the uniforms created? did they had some sort of special department responsible for the design of the gear and clothes?

Well, I don't think Napoleon (the king) or Eugene de Beauharnais (the viceroy) particularly cared about their uniforms, so the minister of war, Augusto Caffarelli, and his department would have been in charge of uniforms.

Docm30 said:
Jonas_Quintt said:
Hey Doc, are you going to add more civilians? It would be cool too walk in a city, fill with people maybe also soldiers :smile: because in normal warband there is like Non:razz: sry for ly bad english btw. 2 question: When you are in a battle, are you able to use many formations, like 1 line, or double ranks not like in the video but the guy is strait infront of the rear rank, and maybe triple ranks? Would be cool

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Anyway, here are some more Italians. Cacciatori a Cavallo, specifically.

italianchasseurs1.jpg

italianchasseurs2.jpg

I doubt anyone cares about these guys, though. I know I don't. Nothing against the Italians, but a slightly modified French uniform with an ugly czapka doesn't do it for me.

I think they look kind of neat, actually. That's my opinion though, I'm a bit fond of Italy during the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom